Jump to content
GoDuBois.com

How Much Does a Mask Protect?


Petee
 Share

Recommended Posts

First, who goes around blowing sneezes all over the place?  If people are doing that, ain't NOTHING going to stop that sh!t from getting everywhere.  The government shouldn't have to close stuff or tell us to wear stuff in order to stay away from disgusting people.

Second, these simulations are cute and everything, but let's actually refer to SCIENTIFICALLY tested mask data.

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

Oh, maybe that one has become "too political" because it doesn't lean towards how you feel about covid...how about a study completed in 2009, long before this crap, that states surgical masks are worthless against respiratory viral transmissions.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2662657/

Dang, that one won't make you feel all snuggly and cozy about how masks work either.  I hear used baby diapers work and there's no study debunking it....so...

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only test I need is the one where you put your mask on and breath on your glasses or sunglasses.  If they fog up, that mask is not stopping the virus from getting out of your body.  Face shields do nothing to filter a gosh-darned thing but divert the air.  Maybe some of you need to see how air works.  How it mixes.  How it wafts.  You've been led to believe that masking works--so you embolden yourselves and put a mask on and go about your lives--and now everyone is getting diagnosed.  You should have been staying home and away from people.  You are the reason why it is exploding--because you won't stay home because you think a magic piece of cloth, paper, plastic or acrylic will protect you.  Congratulations. 

My most hypocritical friends on "the book" go on rants about masking and then fill my feed with pictures of them and their children at every restaurant, tree-lighting, church service, store and gym they can find.  They were so bold as to publicly ask friends to join them to sing at a public event the other day.  You can't make this $#!+ up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, disgruntled said:

My most hypocritical friends on "the book" go on rants about masking and then fill my feed with pictures of them and their children at every restaurant, tree-lighting, church service, store and gym they can find.  They were so bold as to publicly ask friends to join them to sing at a public event the other day.  You can't make this $#!+ up. 

 YES. The same people whining that everyone needs to stay home and Skype family on Thanksgiving are the same ones who go out to eat with family and friends, birthday parties, shopping etc just weeks before but have to put on a show for the holidays lol. People threw their little fits about me being honest about having a lot for Thanksgiving however it's been 13 days and wow nobody is sick. Nobody that came was sick so amazingly nobody caught the Covid that nobody had.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

 YES. The same people whining that everyone needs to stay home and Skype family on Thanksgiving are the same ones who go out to eat with family and friends, birthday parties, shopping etc just weeks before but have to put on a show for the holidays lol. People threw their little fits about me being honest about having a lot for Thanksgiving however it's been 13 days and wow nobody is sick. Nobody that came was sick so amazingly nobody caught the Covid that nobody had.

I had 30+ people at my house.  People who have professions that put them in contact with hundred of people a day.  Nurses, teachers, retail store workers, business owners, etc were all at my house on Thanksgiving.  Not to mention the piles of kids.  NOT ONE SINGLE CASE.  

Christmas will be even bigger as more family from other states will be welcomed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wear a Mask and Social distance or stay home! As of Today, reports are, one person in four in Clearfield County has the virus! Freedom is not free! Ask any Veteran. Our Veteran's have given life and limb for our country and when I see people that refuse to wear masks in public stores or refuse to social distance complaining its too hard or say its a FREE country, I wonder where we would be if our Veterans said its too hard to fight for our country or I only care about myself?  We need to help each other. Why do the people that feel that the Virus is not real or not dangerous go to the Doctors or Hospital when they get sick or when they get Covis? They should just stay home and enjoy FREEDOM FROM MEDICAL HELP! Why is the spread happening? Answer: Like Larry The cable man said: You can't fix stupid!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GoodDeal said:

Wear a Mask and Social distance or stay home! As of Today, reports are, one person in four in Clearfield County has the virus! Freedom is not free! Ask any Veteran. Our Veteran's have given life and limb for our country and when I see people that refuse to wear masks in public stores or refuse to social distance complaining its too hard or say its a FREE country, I wonder where we would be if our Veterans said its too hard to fight for our country or I only care about myself?  We need to help each other. Why do the people that feel that the Virus is not real or not dangerous go to the Doctors or Hospital when they get sick or when they get Covis? They should just stay home and enjoy FREEDOM FROM MEDICAL HELP! Why is the spread happening? Answer: Like Larry The cable man said: You can't fix stupid!

 

Some of those who want to enjoy the freedom of choice are veterans who fought for their country. A goodly number of the older ones did not enlist but were conscripted and had to put their lives, jobs and families on hold to risk their lives on foreign shores because their government said it was for "freedom." Whose freedom wasn't always mentioned. So now it is being suggested that that freedom they fought for should be suspended in the interest of those who think that a piece of cloth will protect them if they can just force everyone to wear it. I may not agree with everyone who stands up for what they believe in but I thank God for them just as I thank God for those who went, however reluctantly, when their country called. They didn't whine when they had to fight for freedom so maybe we should stop whining when others try to utilize that freedom. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The key word is CONFIRMED! Has everyone been tested? Covid is present in many people that are non systematic. Wearing a mask or social distancing allows us to be free to go places, do things and not infect each other. Do you really think wearing a mask is the same as loss of freedom? How about wearing a seat belt? Putting your infant in a car seat? How about wearing cloths? Are you not free because you have to wear cloths? You must not be free because you have to follow laws, pay taxes, and can't do anything you want? We live in a civilized society and that requires that we live, work and follow laws together.  Stone Cold Truth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, GoodDeal said:

The key word is CONFIRMED! Has everyone been tested? Covid is present in many people that are non systematic. Wearing a mask or social distancing allows us to be free to go places, do things and not infect each other. Do you really think wearing a mask is the same as loss of freedom? How about wearing a seat belt? Putting your infant in a car seat? How about wearing cloths? Are you not free because you have to wear cloths? You must not be free because you have to follow laws, pay taxes, and can't do anything you want? We live in a civilized society and that requires that we live, work and follow laws together.  Stone Cold Truth.

You are still wrong! Hot spots where random testing was done on the population showed 3% of the population tested positive which in Clearfield County's case would mean 2,400 additional cases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GoodDeal said:

The key word is CONFIRMED! Has everyone been tested? Covid is present in many people that are non systematic. Wearing a mask or social distancing allows us to be free to go places, do things and not infect each other. Do you really think wearing a mask is the same as loss of freedom? How about wearing a seat belt? Putting your infant in a car seat? How about wearing cloths? Are you not free because you have to wear cloths? You must not be free because you have to follow laws, pay taxes, and can't do anything you want? We live in a civilized society and that requires that we live, work and follow laws together.  Stone Cold Truth.

Here we go again with the seat belt or wearing clothes/coat retort.  There must be some sort of meme going around again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, GoodDeal said:

The key word is CONFIRMED! Has everyone been tested? Covid is present in many people that are non systematic. Wearing a mask or social distancing allows us to be free to go places, do things and not infect each other. Do you really think wearing a mask is the same as loss of freedom? How about wearing a seat belt? Putting your infant in a car seat? How about wearing cloths? Are you not free because you have to wear cloths? You must not be free because you have to follow laws, pay taxes, and can't do anything you want? We live in a civilized society and that requires that we live, work and follow laws together.  Stone Cold Truth.

Put your mask on and go wherever you want.

You are protected, right?

Quit telling other people that they must do what YOU want them to do.

You ain't that special with a mask on.

Or no mask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Well nobody seems to he testing for the flu. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these people just have the flu but have a positive Covid test. You know, that sickness that was rampid during the winter months but us now extinct.

Amazing how no one seems to have "the flu" or "a cold" these days, right?  It wasn't so long ago that the CDC was reporting that having a cold would garner you a positive result of the covid test because the test couldn't tell the difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...