GoDuBois.com

How Much Does a Mask Protect?

This forum is a great place to discuss our feelings and give or opinions.  Wearing a mask and social distancing is not something I am telling anyone to do. Its the CDC, the Doctors and Infectious disease experts. This recommendation is from Doctors. Not me , or  just the "government".  I know this is confusing to some people.  

2 hours ago, GoodDeal said:

The key word is CONFIRMED! Has everyone been tested? Covid is present in many people that are non systematic. Wearing a mask or social distancing allows us to be free to go places, do things and not infect each other. Do you really think wearing a mask is the same as loss of freedom? How about wearing a seat belt? Putting your infant in a car seat? How about wearing cloths? Are you not free because you have to wear cloths? You must not be free because you have to follow laws, pay taxes, and can't do anything you want? We live in a civilized society and that requires that we live, work and follow laws together.  Stone Cold Truth.

I know this is confusing for you, but you are free to not wear a seat belt, not put your child in a car seat, and to not wear clothes.  Of course there are consequences if you don't but you still have the freedom to choose.

1 hour ago, GoodDeal said:

This forum is a great place to discuss our feelings and give or opinions.  Wearing a mask and social distancing is not something I am telling anyone to do. Its the CDC, the Doctors and Infectious disease experts. This recommendation is from Doctors. Not me , or  just the "government".  I know this is confusing to some people.  

I think you are the confused one.

2 hours ago, fedup said:

I picked up 2 masks in our parking lot this morning. They where disgusting. Not only was they full of make-up you could see the ring of dried spit mixed in on the whole mask.

I add used masks to my laundry and then they go into a zip lock baggie in the car so I always have a clean one.  Paper ones that are not dirty or stained go into the light sanitizer which is used for my CPAP.  It was expensive, but solves a lot of problems about getting non-washable items cleaned.

12 hours ago, Petee said:

I add used masks to my laundry and then they go into a zip lock baggie in the car so I always have a clean one.  Paper ones that are not dirty or stained go into the light sanitizer which is used for my CPAP.  It was expensive, but solves a lot of problems about getting non-washable items cleaned.

am just disgusted with what was stained on them and that people actually had that mess next yo their mouth.

8 hours ago, fedup said:

am just disgusted with what was stained on them and that people actually had that mess next yo their mouth.

Some people amaze me with the filth they will submit to, and they obviously don't care who else has to endure it.  Sorry you had to pick up that mess.  I hope you had a "Grabber".

1 hour ago, Petee said:

Some people amaze me with the filth they will submit to, and they obviously don't care who else has to endure it.  Sorry you had to pick up that mess.  I hope you had a "Grabber".

Yep on the grabber.

One great tool.

Social distancing with a tool.

The next time I have to pick up after one of these special people who can't throw their trash in one of the many trash cans I will post a pic of the disgusting thing that some supposedly rich high class person had next to their lips.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 9:05 AM, disgruntled said:

The only test I need is the one where you put your mask on and breath on your glasses or sunglasses.  If they fog up, that mask is not stopping the virus from getting out of your body.  Face shields do nothing to filter a gosh-darned thing but divert the air.  Maybe some of you need to see how air works.  How it mixes.  How it wafts.  You've been led to believe that masking works--so you embolden yourselves and put a mask on and go about your lives--and now everyone is getting diagnosed.  You should have been staying home and away from people.  You are the reason why it is exploding--because you won't stay home because you think a magic piece of cloth, paper, plastic or acrylic will protect you.  Congratulations. 

My most hypocritical friends on "the book" go on rants about masking and then fill my feed with pictures of them and their children at every restaurant, tree-lighting, church service, store and gym they can find.  They were so bold as to publicly ask friends to join them to sing at a public event the other day.  You can't make this $#!+ up. 

Had to log in just to like this post. Thank God someone else gets it. Merry Christmas.

• 2 months later...

I'm beginning to agree that masks are most important in places like planes and very close quarters.  Common sense should tell people that if they don't feel well, then they need to stay home or wear a mask so they aren't as likely to spread COVID if they have it.  This HAS to end this summer or I'll be ballistic.  

17 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

We need the gov of Texas. No more masks and they are opening up 100%. 

Texas, Mississippi, South Dakota, or Florida.   Heck, I'd take the guy in Tennessee too.  I bet they're next. 

Give people the freedom to wear a mask or not.  STOP mandating healthy citizens!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

Texas, Mississippi, South Dakota, or Florida.   Heck, I'd take the guy in Tennessee too.  I bet they're next. 

Give people the freedom to wear a mask or not.  STOP mandating healthy citizens!!!!!!!

We already do have mandates to keep citizens healthy.  OSHA, NIOSH, your employer, and many other governmental and non-governmental organizations have rules, laws, and regulations on the books to keep you safe and healthy.  

Restrictions helped NO ONE.  Countries and states who enacted nearly no restrictions faired the same as those with major/heightened restrictions.  Just like the Danish mask study taught us, they won't help you and they won't hurt you.  A virus is gonna virus. 

Once again. Has your eyes ever seen the virus?  NOPE. Can't be seen without a powerful electron microscope.

Have you ever seen a weaving machine that can weave a material tight enough to stop something you need a microscope to see?

Hold the mask, of your choice, up to the sun. If you can see sunlight what does that tell you?

If you could wear a mask to stop the transfer of the virus, you would die from the lack of oxygen.

39 minutes ago, Cacao said:

Restrictions helped NO ONE.  Countries and states who enacted nearly no restrictions faired the same as those with major/heightened restrictions.  Just like the Danish mask study taught us, they won't help you and they won't hurt you.  A virus is gonna virus. 

Most infections are occurring at home