There's gold in the hills of Dubois

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Awe I miss Trump. 

Wow dont get butt hurt because I said a joke. God forbid people joke in this word. So bye karen.

I believe Dennis and Kem Parada want credit for finding the lost treasure which would help grow their business also bragging rights and i'm sure they realized they could not keep the treasure but ther

2 hours ago, Basset3 said:

A Pennsylvania lawyer looking into whether the FBI dug up $400 million worth of Civil War gold is planning to ask a judge to unseal documents in the case so he can find out the truth.  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/lawyer-demands-to-know-if-fbi-found-400m-worth-of-civil-war-gold

Definitely not in DuBois... Dagus mines possibly. Guess them both starting with d and then gold got into play u must have forgot how to read lol.

Buried gold in Pennsylvania at center of court fight over FBI and treasure hunters

By MICHAEL RUBINKAM
ASSOCIATED PRESS 
OCT 24, 2019  7:15 PM

In this Sept. 20, 2018 photo, Dennis Parada, right, and his son Kem Parada stand at the site of the FBI’s dig for Civil War-era gold in Dents Run, Pennsylvania. The FBI says the excavation came up empty, but the Paradas believe investigators might have found the legendary gold cache.
In this Sept. 20, 2018 photo, Dennis Parada, right, and his son Kem Parada stand at the site of the FBI’s dig for Civil War-era gold in Dents Run, Pennsylvania. The FBI says the excavation came up empty, but the Paradas believe investigators might have found the legendary gold cache. (Michael Rubinkam)

Score another one for the treasure hunters.

A father and son who believe they found a legendary cache of buried Civil War-era gold have been fighting for access to government documents about an FBI dig at the remote Pennsylvania site.

The FBI has said it found nothing at Dent's Run. Dennis and Kem Parada of Finders Keepers say the FBI is hiding the truth.

On Thursday, an appeals court ordered Pennsylvania state officials to produce their communications with the FBI about the excavation, which was conducted on state-owned land in Elk County. The state Department of Conservation and Natural Resources had refused to provide the documents to Finders Keepers, citing a federal court order.

Historians have cast doubt on the claim that a shipment of Union gold was lost or stolen on its way to the U.S. Mint in Philadelphia, but the legend has inspired generations of treasure hunters to take to the mountains of northwestern Pennsylvania in hopes of finding it.

The Paradas spent years looking for the fabled cache before zeroing in on the spot where they say their instruments detected a large metallic mass. They accompanied the FBI to the site on March 13-14, 2018, but say they were confined to their car while the FBI excavated.

The FBI said in a statement last year it “launched the court-authorized excavation of what evidence suggested may have been a cultural heritage site,” but that ”nothing was found.”

The Paradas' lawyer filed a Freedom of Information Act request for documents on the FBI's investigation into the gold. The agency initially claimed it had no files it could share, but after the Justice Department ordered a more thorough review, the FBI indicated last month that it had located nearly 2,400 pages of documents as well as video files. The FBI said it would likely need several years to compile the material and release it.

On the state level, meanwhile, the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources claimed a sealed federal court order prevented it from releasing any documents on the FBI dig. After seeing the federal order for itself, the state Commonwealth Court declared Thursday it “does not protect or otherwise prohibit disclosure of communications between the FBI and the natural resources department regarding the excavation at Dent's Run.”

Finders Keepers’ attorney, Bill Cluck, said his reading of the order is ”they’ve got to produce whatever they got from the FBI.”

I don't see what the big deal is about being so secret and sealing the documents about this.  If they found the gold, then they found the gold!  It should go back to where it belongs.  If it belongs to the government, so be it. Give Finders Keepers a special citation and reward them in some way.  However, we need to know the truth.

49 minutes ago, Polo said:

I don't see what the big deal is about being so secret and sealing the documents about this.  If they found the gold, then they found the gold!  It should go back to where it belongs.  If it belongs to the government, so be it. Give Finders Keepers a special citation and reward them in some way.  However, we need to know the truth.

The truth from the government in this country????????

DREAM ON

Guess they should have just dug it up and kept it to theirselves. They did the right thing and get nothing while the gold bars are being shipped to china. They could of at least gave them 2 bars a piece. So roughly $610,000 a bar if the weight per bar was 12.4kg. Gold is $1,530/troy oz. Is roughly where the price is now. But its gonna keep going up. That might have been worth their time. Hope they get something out of it even if they honor them of being the ones who found the lost treasure.

10 hours ago, jt85 said:

Guess they should have just dug it up and kept it to theirselves. They did the right thing and get nothing while the gold bars are being shipped to china. They could of at least gave them 2 bars a piece. So roughly $610,000 a bar if the weight per bar was 12.4kg. Gold is $1,530/troy oz. Is roughly where the price is now. But its gonna keep going up. That might have been worth their time. Hope they get something out of it even if they honor them of being the ones who found the lost treasure.

The gold didn’t get shipped to China. Where did you hear that at? 
We talked to Dennis from Finders Keepers, we know where it went. If you want the truth talk to him instead of making up lies about where the gold went. You have the wrong country!! Bye 👋 

55 minutes ago, Bon said:

We talked to Dennis from Finders Keepers, we know where it went. If you want the truth talk to him instead of making up lies about where the gold went. You have the wrong country!! Bye 👋 

Wow dont get butt hurt because I said a joke. God forbid people joke in this word. So bye karen.

57 minutes ago, Bon said:

And if u really dont think they got the gold then where is it. China owns us we dont own our gold and our dollar isn't worth a damn thing anymore. So if that lies then u need to look stuff up... 

7 hours ago, jt85 said:

And if u really dont think they got the gold then where is it. China owns us we dont own our gold and our dollar isn't worth a damn thing anymore. So if that lies then u need to look stuff up... 

Trump’s favorite country....Russia. You need to talk to Dennis.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:47 AM, mr.d said:

On the state level, meanwhile, the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources claimed a sealed federal court order prevented it from releasing any documents on the FBI dig. After seeing the federal order for itself, the state Commonwealth Court declared Thursday it “does not protect or otherwise prohibit disclosure of communications between the FBI and the natural resources department regarding the excavation at Dent's Run.”

It's state land not "finders keepers" land. Do they really have a right to the info just because they "think" they found something? Even if there were gold, do they think they would have been able to keep it? Again, not on their own land. Ive read the article twice and maybe im missing something. While this was going on had no interest in it so I'm just asking  ( before anyone bites my head off).

1 hour ago, Bon said:

Trump’s favorite country....Russia. You need to talk to Dennis.

I dont know who Dennis is and I'm sure the money went other than the u.s I just said china because they own damn near everything and Russia is right with them so that makes since. And I'm sure these guys will get the answers they need. I just dont understand why they are trying to cover something up..

I believe Dennis and Kem Parada want credit for finding the lost treasure which would help grow their business also bragging rights and i'm sure they realized they could not keep the treasure but there is usually a finders fee that would help pay for the many thousands of dollars they invested over the years in finding it.

Can't imagine how disgusted they must be in how they have been treated after all their honest efforts!

• 1 month later...

Emails: FBI was looking for gold at Pennsylvania dig site

by Associated Press

Dents Run FBI dig (WJAC)
Dents Run FBI dig (WJAC)
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon

DENTS RUN, Pa. (AP) — The FBI was looking for an extremely valuable cache of U.S. government gold when agents excavated a remote site in Pennsylvania three years ago this month.

That's according to government emails and other recently released documents in the case.

READ MORE | Treasure hunters request records on dig for gold from FBI, DCNR

The FBI has long refused to confirm why exactly it went digging, saying only that agents were there for a court-authorized excavation of a potential "cultural heritage site."

The FBI says the dig came up empty, but the father-son duo who led agents to the site are convinced the FBI found something there.

Government emails released under court order show that federal law enforcement was indeed after buried treasure.                                                                                                               CLICK ON DENTS RUN FOR PICTURE

Documents reveal more on FBI's account of 2012 Elk Co. gold excavation

by Chelsea Johnson

Dents Run.PNG

Dents Run.PNG

Dents Run, PA — After digging up a remote site in Elk County three years ago, the FBI claimed that they did not find any gold in that day long search. But according to recently released documents, the FBI was indeed looking for gold and a local treasure hunting company is still fighting to know where that gold is.

The dispute between federal agencies and a group of treasure hunters dates back to 2008, when Dennis and Kem Parada, co owners of Finders Keepers a treasure hunting service, announced they had learned of the location of gold and other treasures of the Civil War in Elk County.

In 2012, the Parada’s claimed they found the gold site in Dents Run, but federal laws prevented them from digging it up.

"They came back and asked me how many tons, I said 2.5 tons of gold they looked at me and go it's over 7-9 tons of gold that's when everything started to change," said Dennis Parada, Owner of Finder's Keepers.

Hours later, the FBI & DCNR dug up the site and said they were there for a court-authorized excavation of a potential "cultural heritage site."

Dennis Parada said they had a verbal agreement with the FBI to keep quiet about the search and that they would be given a finder's fee for the gold.

"The FBI went back on their deal they ask us to keep quiet until the investigation was done. My son's job was threatened and we agreed to stay quiet until the investigation was done but it's been three years and I don't know what happened to that money, it's close to half of a billion dollars disappeared," he said.

But now according to government emails and recently released documents on this case, the FBI was looking for gold.

Parada alluded to an even bigger government coverup.

"There's a lot of stuff in these emails that we are sending out to the public, beyond that there's a warrant that the FBI served to DCNR to get on the property and the warrant can't be found," he said.

After fighting for years to obtain these documents, Parada said the truth will begin to reveal itself in a press conference tomorrow.

"With the info we have we have no problem going forward we have no problem bringing this to the senate subcommittee or anybody I believe we've overdone this," said Parada.

Finders Keepers along with their lawyer are hosting a press conference tomorrow to discuss their legal action taken against the FBI.                                                                                  SEE VIDEO REPORT    ;  https://wjactv.com/news/local/documents-dispute-fbis-claims-of-not-finding-gold-in-2012-dents-run-excavation

Treasure hunters taking legal action against FBI, alleging coverup

by Chelsea Johnson

Dents Run .jpg
Dents Run .jpg

Dents Run, PA — Dennis and Kem Parada, co-owners of a treasure hunting group called Finders Keepers, claim they found 50 pounds of gold dating back to the Civil War Era in Elk County.

After a day long excavation of the site in Dents Run, the FBI claimed that they did not find any gold.

"We were told by Mr. Archer you don't put anything on Facebook, you don't go to the media you don't say anything to anybody or they'll be serious repercussions," said Kem Parada, Co-Owner of Finder's Keepers.

Two and a half years ago, William Cluck, the lawyer for the father-son duo, filed a FOIA request to the FBI requesting relevant documents pertaining to this case.

"They finally responded in August of 2019 and said they have 2,378 pages of documents and 17 video tapes. However because I was not willing to reduce the size of the request they put it into the pile that says it's going to take 48 months to respond," said William Cluck, lawyer for Finder's Keepers.

Since filing that request in 2019, he said they haven't even assigned a government employee to review the request.

Today he filed a petition with the Director of Public Affairs for the DOJ requesting expedited processing of this FOIA request.

Cluck said the public has a right to know how much money was spent on the excavation and what happened to the gold.

"Under law the FBI and DOH has ten calendar days to respond to my request if they deny the request we'll reach out to Senator Bob Casey to request his involvement," he said.

The Paradas hope these legal actions get them closer to the answers they've been searching for for years.                                                                                                                        SEE PICTURE   ;     https://wjactv.com/news/local/treasure-hunters-taking-legal-action-against-fbi-alleging-coverup

Guest excavator

the funny thing is no one asks who owned the excavator who dug for the fbi and it was me. I know what the real story is.