GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES

Are you safe?

pstan

The question probably been asked and answered a 100 times somewhere on this forum.  I have

received my first Covid-19 vaccine shot and due in 3 weeks for the second.  My question is, am I safe

in the time in between?

You are safer unless you develop a reaction to the actual shot.  The second one will strengthen your immune response to Covid but there is still a small chance that you could get it without knowing.  Other people around you are in greater danger because you would probably have no signs, but that's why you still have to wear a mask in public and observe proper distancing.

1 hour ago, pstan said:

The question probably been asked and answered a 100 times somewhere on this forum.  I have

received my first Covid-19 vaccine shot and due in 3 weeks for the second.  My question is, am I safe

in the time in between?

The shot seems worthless. They say u still need to wear a mask and social distsnce. What's the point of putting a drug in ur body that was quickly put together if it changes nothing.  

1 hour ago, pstan said:

in the time in between?

Was watching a show on the effectiveness on CNBC.  With the Pfizer vaccine they say 55% with just the first shot. But now some say 90%.   But also with the Pfizer shots they are now saying you may need three.   (Dr Saint Fauci)  It sounds like a Big Pharma rig to me. Im waiting for the one shot Johnson & Johnson and see.   Now, Dr Saint Fauci today is saying everything is getting better. can wait to see what he says in the middle of the week. This guy has flip flopped a dozen times now in a year. 

38 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

The shot seems worthless. They say u still need to wear a mask and social distsnce. What's the point of putting a drug in ur body that was quickly put together if it changes nothing.  

Sounds like a Big Pharma rip off.

1 hour ago, pstan said:

in the time in between?

When I received my first shot, the nurse providing the shot indicated that I would see some immunity benefit from the first shot but not achieve nearly full immunity until after the second dose.  I was encouraged to continue practicing COVID safety protocols during the 3 weeks between shots.

I received my 2nd dose last week.  The nurse told me at that appointment that it takes 10-14 days after the 2nd shot to achieve the vaccine's full level of immunity.  

I will continue to practice COVID safety protocols for the next 2 weeks.  

7 hours ago, MIM307 said:

When I received my first shot, the nurse providing the shot indicated that I would see some immunity benefit from the first shot but not achieve nearly full immunity until after the second dose.  I was encouraged to continue practicing COVID safety protocols during the 3 weeks between shots.

I received my 2nd dose last week.  The nurse told me at that appointment that it takes 10-14 days after the 2nd shot to achieve the vaccine's full level of immunity.  

I will continue to practice COVID safety protocols for the next 2 weeks.  

If you got the Pfizer shot, According to Dr Fauci last week on Cnn  , you may need a third.

21 hours ago, jaman said:

If you got the Pfizer shot, According to Dr Fauci last week on Cnn  , you may need a third.

The medical professional that administered my Pfizer vaccine stated that no 3rd dose was needed at this time. 

Many vaccines require additional doses, known as boosters,  in the months/years following the initial vaccinations.  This is not a new concept.  Viruses change and vaccines are updated accordingly.