GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES

Gasoline Prices

31 minutes ago, des said:

The lowest we paid for years was under Obama 

40 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Yup. Gas was never above 3.00 under Trump. Thanks a lot Biden  and those who voted for this. Hope you can afford what's coming.

des - False, the lowest price (Nat Avg) was $1.687 in December 2008.  GW Bush was president.  Prices throughout a majority of the Obama presidency were higher than Trump's.

L33 - True, highest under Trump was $2.901 in May 2018.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=EMM_EPMR_PTE_NUS_DPG&f=M

Winter storm problems send gas prices up in Pa., and around nation

by: Kayla Brown

Posted:  / Updated: 
3e25b1f2800d4b309e32a33403855dcc.jpg?w=2

(AP Photo/John Raoux, File)

HARRISBURG, Pa. (WHTM) — Gas prices have gone up in Pennsylvania and around the nation as gas supplies have tightened due to the impact the winter storm is having on Gulf Coast refineries.

AAA says the average price of a gallon or regular gas in Pa. as of Saturday is $2.89, up 10 cents from a week ago. Last year motorists were paying an average of $2.64 a gallon in February.

The national average for a gallon of regular gasoline as of Saturday is $2.62, up 12 cents from last week. Last February the national average for a gallon of gas was $2.45.

According to AP, analysts say winter problems along the Gulf Coast will reflect in gas prices at Northeast pumps until refineries can operate normally and road conditions are safer for fuel deliveries.                                                                                                                         https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/regional-news/winter-storm-problems-send-gas-prices-up-in-pa-and-around-nation/                                                                                   ( Most gas stations that I have went by in the past few days price was $2.99.9 a gallon for regular.)

There is no reason why the price has to change. The only thing that could happen is the timeline of availability due to road conditions. The tank farms have thousands of gallons on stock every day. If the tank farms are not ready because of lack of planning. The consumer should not be penalized.

• 2 weeks later...
You are here: Home » News Local News

AAA: Pennsylvania Gas Prices Continue to Rise

March 2, 2021 12:44 am·
Author: exploreJefferson

gas-station-2665795_640After increasing by 13 cents last week, the average price of gasoline across Western Pennsylvania is another two cents higher this week at $2.967 per gallon, according to AAA East Central’s Gas Price Report.

This week’s average prices: Western Pennsylvania Average                  $2.967
Average price during the week of February 22, 2021                                $2.940
Average price during the week of March 3, 2020                                       $2.662

The average price of unleaded self-serve gasoline in various areas:      

$2.992      Altoona
$2.999      Beaver
$2.999      Bradford
$2.987      Brookville
$2.968      Butler
$2.973      Clarion
$2.972      DuBois
$2.984      Erie
$2.865      Greensburg
$2.998      Indiana
$2.902      Jeannette
$2.985      Kittanning
$2.925      Latrobe
$2.985      Meadville
$2.972      Mercer
$2.888      New Castle
$2.990      New Kensington
$2.996      Oil City
$2.966      Pittsburgh

$2.955      Sharon
$2.985      Uniontown
$2.999      Warren
$2.958      Washington

Trend Analysis:
Gas prices continue to increase, with the national average up nine cents on the week to $2.72. That is a 30 cent increase from the beginning of February, 28 cents more than a year ago and the most expensive daily national average since August 2019.

The latest price jumps are a direct result of February’s winter storm that took 26 U.S. refineries offline and pushed refinery utilization from an average of about 83% down to an atypical low of 68%, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA). In its latest data, EIA also reported demand at 7.2 million barrels per day. Both utilization and demand rates have not been reported this low since last May.

AAA forecasts the national gas price average to increase in March. However, if refineries resume normal operations, and if crude oil prices show signs of stability, motorists may see some relief at the pump towards the end of the month.

At the close of Friday’s formal trading session, West Texas Intermediate decreased by $2.03 to settle at $61.50. Crude prices rose mid-week despite the EIA’s latest report revealing that total domestic crude inventories increased by 1.3 million barrels last week, bringing the supply level to 463 million barrels. For this week, crude prices could rise if the EIA’s next weekly report shows a decrease in total stocks.

Motorists can find current gas prices nationwide, statewide, and countywide at GasPrices.AAA.com.

On 2/21/2021 at 6:31 PM, alexandria said:

Wow!  What are you smoking?   You are joking...right?

Hey smoking is not joke lmao... and Obama was wonderful to someone...He never inhaled when he smoked and sure did nothing for our nation... unless having to be penalized for not having health care is positive. And it amazes me that dems are so confused. Not sure who lacks more common sense the democrats or the non whites.. Tom MacDonald says it all in his song clowns. Want the truth listen to him. Yea its not your country songs or anything most of you would listen to but the lyrics are truth. The government is making problems so they can have control of us and make it seem like they are helping us.  Went to Youngstown over the weekend for my nieces birthday and went to their mall. Wouldn't think there was a lock down or anything negative in the world between whites and non whites. I wore my DOJ Cops hoodie and had a few weird looks but had way more black people come up to me and loved it. So there goes the news theory and the governments theory on the crap they feed us.

Have you noticed a big jump in gas prices? Here’s why we’re paying more than the national averag

Gas prices surge in Pennsylvania to 30 cents above national average

By: Mike Holden, WPXI-TV
Updated: March 8, 2021 - 6:23 PM

PITTSBURGH — As you’ve probably noticed, gas prices are surging in Pennsylvania and across the country.

Prices for regular unleaded gas have climbed over $3 in many places in Pennsylvania, and AAA says to get used to it for now.

The current average across the commonwealth is $3 dollars and some change. That’s over 30 cents more than the national average of $2.77 a gallon.

AAA says prices are rising due to increased demand as states loosen COVID-19 travel restrictions, as well as rising crude oil prices and tightening gas supplies. Drivers say it’s been hard.

“Yeah, and it’s kind of ridiculous, but, you know, you still gotta get gas. You still gotta get from point A to point B, from work to home,” Brian Scott, of Pittsburgh, said.

At this time last year, gas prices in Pittsburgh were almost 50 cents cheaper.                        SEE VIDEO REPORT    ;    https://www.wpxi.com/news/top-stories/gas-prices-surge-pennsylvania-30-cents-above-national-average/DPU725V5MNETDOVO2LIE7OJXEA/

On 2/17/2021 at 3:34 PM, des said:

The lowest we paid for years was under Obama 

LOL    Here's the facts.....

It was the most under obama.  Highest in over 20 years was under obama..

According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, the national gas price average over the eight years that Obama and Biden were in office was $2.96 per gallon for regular, unleaded gasoline. By comparison, the same data showed that the previous eight years under President George W. Bush saw an average of $2.13 per gallon. Under Trump’s first term through October 2020, the comparative price was $2.53.

4 hours ago, NikonSniper said:

I call BS!

The gas was nowhere $3/gallon before COVID-19 and now all of a sudden it's because of demand. Yea right!!

The fact is that the bumbling buffon Biden is bowing down to the big oil companies.

Exactly!   I wonder how much money AAA gets from gov sources?

On 3/3/2021 at 7:42 AM, jt85 said:

Hey smoking is not joke lmao... and Obama was wonderful to someone...He never inhaled when he smoked and sure did nothing for our nation... unless having to be penalized for not having health care is positive. And it amazes me that dems are so confused. Not sure who lacks more common sense the democrats or the non whites.. Tom MacDonald says it all in his song clowns. Want the truth listen to him. Yea its not your country songs or anything most of you would listen to but the lyrics are truth. The government is making problems so they can have control of us and make it seem like they are helping us.  Went to Youngstown over the weekend for my nieces birthday and went to their mall. Wouldn't think there was a lock down or anything negative in the world between whites and non whites. I wore my DOJ Cops hoodie and had a few weird looks but had way more black people come up to me and loved it. So there goes the news theory and the governments theory on the crap they feed us.

My employer mailed me three separate documents (I didn't request them) for me to be able to prove I had health care all year, but people don't need ID to vote because it's "racist."  A dem friend of mine told me her mom couldn't get her vaccine until she had time to renew her DL that had expired~~I said, with a grin on my face, "Oh, you need ID to get a vaccine?......"    Her response was " Well, yes.  You can't have someone else claiming  her vaccine...........<long pause> Ok, smart @$$, I see what you just did."  

1 hour ago, NikonSniper said:

Isn't it amusing how the two biggest Biden/Harris supporters on GoDubois are as silent as church mouse since the "election".

I've been wondering the same thing. Must be in Tahiti living off that hush money their getting for voting for him.