GoDuBois.com

Local Police To Conduct Aggressive Driving Enforcement

Local Police to Conduct Aggressive Driving Enforcement

Lawrence and Sandy Township, Clearfield Borough and DuBois City police will join the Pennsylvania State Police and other municipal agencies to conduct targeted aggressive driving enforcement March 18-April 25.

As part of the Aggressive Driving Enforcement and Education Project, officers will concentrate on reducing the number of aggressive driving-related crashes, injuries and deaths on roadways state-wide. Any aggressive driver who is stopped by police will receive a ticket.

Biden kicks off 'Help is Here' tou

The enforcement will focus on speeding, distracted driving and work zone awareness. Motorists who exhibit other unsafe behaviors such as driving too fast for conditions, following too closely or aggressive actions will also be cited.

Municipal police agencies, which participated in last year’s campaign, wrote 43,349 citations, including 22,353 for speeding; 1,003 for occupant protection violations; and 3,077 for red light violations. There were also 126 impaired driving arrests.

The enforcement is part of the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation’s Aggressive Driving Enforcement and Education Project, and is funded by part of its investment of federal funds from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

For more information on aggressive driving, please visit: PENNDOT.gov/Safety.

My only frustrations when driving around here is other drivers not realizing that I'm in a hurry.

If they're looking for distracted drivers, may I suggest Wayne Road (unfortunately JeffCo is not mentioned in the article).  I had a 6 day streak recently where a vehicle crossed the center of the road coming at me because the driver was texting.