GoDuBois.com

James Conner Not Returning To Steelers, Signs With Arizona Cardinals

James Conner not returning to Steelers, signs with Arizona Cardinals

By WPXI.com News Staff

PITTSBURGH — Running back James Conner is a Steeler no more.

He is heading to the desert, signing with the Arizona Cardinals.

Conner was drafted by the Steelers in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft and played four seasons for the Black and Gold. He rushed for over 2,300 yards and scored 22 career touchdowns. Conner was named to the NFL Pro Bowl following the 2018 season.

Conner is a western Pennsylvania success story. The Erie native played for the University of Pittsburgh and survived Hodgkin’s Lymphoma before making it to the NFL.

The other running backs currently on the Steelers roster include Trey Edmunds, Anthony McFarland, Jaylen Samuels, Benny Snell Jr. and Kalen Ballage.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           SEE VIDEOS, TWEET             ;            https://www.wpxi.com/sports/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/conner-signs-with-cardinals/FZUJPHOSBZEHZEUDPNHG7WNO4Y/

• 3 weeks later...

Well Stillers drafted a good running back, too bad they don't have the line to open up any holes for him. They also lost their left tackle, who was just average, so good luck on your blind side Ben.

Stillers need big guys but I expect they will draft true to form and select a couple of linebackers. They also could use some D-backs. They just don't have enough picks to plug all of the holes.

16 minutes ago, watoos said:

Well Stillers drafted a good running back, too bad they don't have the line to open up any holes for him. They also lost their left tackle, who was just average, so good luck on your blind side Ben.

Stillers need big guys but I expect they will draft true to form and select a couple of linebackers. They also could use some D-backs. They just don't have enough picks to plug all of the holes.

Patience.  Their next pick (2nd rd) will be an offensive lineman.  Either T or C.  I hope their next 2 picks are O line.  CB's later.  I can see them going for that QB from Texas A&M if he's around in the 3rd.

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

Patience.  Their next pick (2nd rd) will be an offensive lineman.  Either T or C.  I hope their next 2 picks are O line.  CB's later.  I can see them going for that QB from Texas A&M if he's around in the 3rd.

They already have- 4 - Quarterbacks. (Big Ben, Rudolph, Haskins, and this week resigned Josh Dobbs) But Tomlin will pull the trigger again. 

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

They'll cut 1 before the season.  2 if they draft a QB

If they take Mond, dont be surprised they release Rudolph.   And then look at the 3 backups then. Ill stop there since this isnt a politically correct thread.  Roethlisbeger likes Dobbs.