GoDuBois.com

• 4 weeks later...

A friend stopped by my greenhouse where I grow the seedlings for the BUDS Gardeners Plant sale and said he has gone by several times but Lines Greenhouse isn't open.  I think he buys all of his plants in from some company, so maybe they just haven't arrived yet.

The Amish Greenhouses are selling out of plants this year.  One of them just got in hundreds of new geraniums.  

1 hour ago, Petee said:

The Amish Greenhouses are selling out of plants this year.  One of them just got in hundreds of new geraniums.  

Greenhouse hopping is my wife's favorite sport.  She makes sure to hit all of the Amish greenhouses on day 1 and then the following week for anything new.  I think she spends over $300 each year on flowers/plants/vegetables. 

3 hours ago, Cacao said:

Greenhouse hopping is my wife's favorite sport.  She makes sure to hit all of the Amish greenhouses on day 1 and then the following week for anything new.  I think she spends over $300 each year on flowers/plants/vegetables. 

It is fun to see what each has that's different.   I make my rounds from the Brockway FFA to Fremer's to Keller's and sometimes to Hanzely's.  My husband does not these outings to be fun so I leave him at home :)  

26 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

It is fun to see what each has that's different.   I make my rounds from the Brockway FFA to Fremer's to Keller's and sometimes to Hanzely's.  My husband does not these outings to be fun so I leave him at home :)  

She has an inside connection to the B'way FFA...got 36 beef tomato plants for $20.  Her favorites are Rainbow, the one in Troutville, one on route 310 and the one by Dave's Metal Roofing in Big Run.  I'm sure she tells me the names, easier for me to remember the location.