GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES

Steelers draft picks

Might as well arm chair QB their picks.

#1 Najee Harris-Alabama. I mean I like the pick, they needed a back and he is a mini Bus to me, a tough runner.

Now, facts are the Stillers lost Villanueva, Feiler and Poncey, DeCastro is the only veteran returning O-lineman. Hard to run the ball without a hole, ask Saquan.

Stillers obviously need to shore up the O-line, Ben will get killed if they don't get a good Left tackle or any other positions for that matter.

I fully expect that they will revert back to their old form and start drafting linebackers, to me the Patriots proved that D-backs are more important in todays game.

So, good start for the Stillers, I give Najee an A.

Stillers got the best person so far in the draft. I just learned that Najee spent a couple years growing up with his family in a homeless center in California. Najee went back to that homeless center to celebrate his 1st round selection in the draft. he bought everyone there a catered dinner. Tremendous young man who stated that is is important to give back.

By the way, he can catch the ball out of the backfield.

Stillers hit a homerun.

Round 2 - Pat Freiermuth TE. Another skilled player but a decent blocker, will complement Ebron and Stillers can run 2 tight ends at times.

Grade - A.

Round 3 - Kendrick Green - G/C. Finally a player who fills a need on the O-line. Tough kid who was probably the best available lineman available.

Grade - A.

3 rounds and no linebacker, Tomlin must be muzzled.

Just to calm Jaman's fears down a bit about the O-line. (My fears too) I think the Stillers need to move Chuckie Okorafor from RT to LT. I like Chuckie. He is 6' 6 and like 325#. This leaves a hole at RT which the Stillers need to address. I don't care too much for Banner, he is a backup.

I do expect them to release Tomlin though and so here comes the linebackers.

45 minutes ago, watoos said:

Just to calm Jaman's fears down a bit about the O-line. (My fears too) I think the Stillers need to move Chuckie Okorafor from RT to LT. I like Chuckie. He is 6' 6 and like 325#. This leaves a hole at RT which the Stillers need to address. I don't care too much for Banner, he is a backup.

I do expect them to release Tomlin though and so here comes the linebackers.

Maybe you should apply to be Kevin Colberts assistant. I know somebody who you could submit your resume to.:lol:

Roche - LB. Isn't the biggest or fastest LB but he makes plays which is an intangible. I like his chances.

Norwood - CB. Wasted pick.

Pressley Harvin III - punter. Won the Ray Guy award with a 48 yard average but little hang time. A lot of his punts were returned. 5' 11" 263#, BUT HE GETS HIS KICKS OFF really fast, maybe too fast. I don't know what to say about this pick. I don't like wasting a pick on a punter unless he is heads above everyone else, this guy isn't.

I'm guessing that Canada had input on the Offensive picks, which I like. I'm guessing that Tomlin had input on the defensive picks which I'm not crazy about.

11 hours ago, jaman said:

Day 3 not impressive.  They should have traded up in the 3rd round keeping their own  third pick. And then draft Creed Humphrey , Oklahoma. Center. 

Ebron doesn't block, needed a running back, Roche was defensive player of his conference when he was at Temple. 

They got a center.

19 hours ago, jaman said:

After Freirmuth it was almost garbage.

Green and Roche will be good. I didn't like any of the defensive players except for Roche.

Look, I agree with you about needing Offensive linemen, especially LT and yes they bypassed 2 good guys.  They have to be planning on moving Chuckie Okawhatever his name is over to LT or they are going to be hurting.

Getting Najee and Friermuth were good picks because Ben doesn't throw deep any more, he dinks and dunks so he needs a back and tight end he can check down to. Najee will gets his yards through the air. 

No one will know if this draft was good, bad, or meh for at least 3 years.  Losing Villanueva only improves that line.  Dotson, Finney, Okafor, Hassenhour, etc will be fine.  The picks were typical Steelers picks...good off the field guys with tons of up side.  If 3 of the 8 pan out, that would be success.  That punter from Ga Tech is interesting because he has the frame of an lineman, set college punting records, and has a heck of an arm.  My biggest gripe about the draft was they could have went after a S/CB position more.  

42 minutes ago, Cacao said:

No one will know if this draft was good, bad, or meh for at least 3 years.  Losing Villanueva only improves that line.  Dotson, Finney, Okafor, Hassenhour, etc will be fine.  The picks were typical Steelers picks...good off the field guys with tons of up side.  If 3 of the 8 pan out, that would be success.  That punter from Ga Tech is interesting because he has the frame of an lineman, set college punting records, and has a heck of an arm.  My biggest gripe about the draft was they could have went after a S/CB position more.  

You never have enough D backs. The Patriots understand the importance of D backs.