GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES

Police Identify Pregnant Teen Found Dead In Pa. Well More Than 30 Years Ago

Police identify pregnant teen found dead in Pennsylvania well more than 30 years ago

by KYW/CNN Newsource

Police identify pregnant teen found dead in Pennsylvania well more than 30 years ago (CNN Newsource)
Police identify pregnant teen found dead in Pennsylvania well more than 30 years ago (CNN Newsource)
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon

BENSALEM, Pa. (CNN) — It's a decades-old case that stumped Bucks County, Pennsylvania investigators for years.

But now, authorities have identified the body of a pregnant teen who was found dead more than 30 years ago.

"I believe we had a full skeleton of her in the well,” said Frederick Harran, Bensalem Public Safety Director.

Police say it was in 1988 when someone walking by the Old Publicker Distillery on State Road in Bensalem found a decaying body inside this well.

The only clues left behind were the victim's clothing, like her shoes and her skeletal remains.

She became known as Publicker Jane Doe.

"If someone dies in Bensalem, we're gonna want to identify them, said Harran.

Never giving up, a team of DNA genealogists recently created the victim's family tree using her DNA, along with ancestry companies like 23 and Me.

That led detectives to identify her as 17-year-old Lisa Todd of Philadelphia.

Then detectives confirmed her identity with the victim's family.

"After I summed it up, I said, ‘do you have a sibling that vanished or disappeared?’ and I was told, ‘yes, I had a sister that disappeared in the fall of 85,’” said Detective Chris McMullin.

Authorities stopped short of calling the death a murder as they now work to figure out so many unanswered questions.

"Who she was with, whether or not there was any drug or alcohol use, whether this was intentional or accidental. People that could account for her whereabouts and what she was doing. We need the public's help,” said Bucks County District Attorney Matt Weintraub.

Police say Lisa initially went missing in 1985, three years before her body was found.

https://wjactv.com/news/local/police-identify-pregnant-teen-found-dead-in-pennsylvania-well-more-than-30-years-ago-03-10-2021

image.png

image.png

• mr.d changed the title to Police Identify Pregnant Teen Found Dead In Pa. Well More Than 30 Years Ago