GoDuBois.com

US Catholic Bishops discuss not serving Pro Abortion Catholics

8 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

In this case, divorce was a way to SAVE a family from an abusive, alcoholic father/husband.  My friend, and her children, are safer and happier in her second marriage.  Her 2nd husband adopted her sons.  Please don't tell me how divorce "harmed" her family.   I would think her church would support her in making a decision to save herself and children, not shun her from sacraments.  Nonetheless she has remained a practicing, faithful Catholic throughout all of this and I admire her faith.

Faith is a delicate thing.  Religion is not.  It is often my prayer that those who are so busy building up a religion don't lose sight of the faith that it is to be built upon.  

Again, "more times than not".  Never indicated that it's a one size fits all approach/concept.

8 hours ago, MIM307 said:

In this case, divorce was a way to SAVE a family from an abusive, alcoholic father/husband.  My friend, and her children, are safer and happier in her second marriage.  Her 2nd husband adopted her sons.  Please don't tell me how divorce "harmed" her family.   I would think her church would support her in making a decision to save herself and children, not shun her from sacraments.  Nonetheless she has remained a practicing, faithful Catholic throughout all of this and I admire her faith.

Faith is a delicate thing.  Religion is not.  It is often my prayer that those who are so busy building up a religion don't lose sight of the faith that it is to be built upon.  

And then it becomes a cult. Keep praying.

On 5/5/2021 at 8:39 AM, jaman said:

US Bishops are now discussing not serving Pro abortion catholics.   2 Bishops were on the morning news and both say it is a sin to support Abortion and take communion.  So I guess Pelosi and Biden and friends are committing a mortal sin supporting abortion. No surprise.

Vatican...not so fast  https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/vatican-sounds-alarm-over-us-bishops-potential-plan-to-deny-biden-communion-in-pro-life-fight

On 5/5/2021 at 10:48 PM, lavender said:

Saints do not need the church sinners do. So the Catholic bishops in their infinite wisdom would choose to make the sinner feel unwelcome and welcome only the righteous? How Christian of them!

Well the sacrament of the Euchirst comes not from the Church but from God through the hand of the Church  to receive the gifts of God you should at least be pretending to follow the words of God. They can attend Mass but cannot receive the Euchrist until you are following God's word

14 hours ago, DRNeil said:

Well the sacrament of the Euchirst comes not from the Church but from God through the hand of the Church  to receive the gifts of God you should at least be pretending to follow the words of God. They can attend Mass but cannot receive the Euchrist until you are following God's word

Like priest's should pretend to be chaste while partaking and handing out the "body and blood of Christ?" There is too much pretense in the Catholic Church and not enough honesty. No problem, just lie about your marital status and your beliefs on abortion and you are good to go. Religion is a personal choice. No individual, be he priest or lay, and no church should stand between a man and his god. We have already, by your words, established that there is a reference to every point of view in the bible. That makes the word of God, as written by man, is open to interpretation. If God spoke to the saints apparently the church is denying that he continues to speak to individuals and dogma rules all. 

God gave man free will. Personally, I choose to use that free will to order my life. Anyone else who chooses to blindly follow the laws of the church that are man's Interpretation of God's word are free to do so. What you do is between you and your god. If you want to give that control over to the church that is fine with me.