GoDuBois.com

BUDS Gardeners Plant Sale June 6-7

Petee

I have two greenhouses full of young transplants which will be taken to the sale on June 6-7.  That is the optimal plant out date for most garden plants.  

Remember that if you are buying from an unknown grower, then your money is going to another state, to a huge business entity.  Chemicals that may have been used on them are completely unknown, and diseases may have crossed state lines.  It's happened before when it wiped out the tomato crop all up the eastern seaboard by this very company.

Please support your local growers, and especially those who grow the plants for local community service projects.  Those projects depend on the income from the sale.  Not one penny is used for the group's benefit.  It all goes back to our local citizens.

When you buy, I know the temptation is to get it early and in unlimited quantities and variety.  But with local growers, one thing extra that you get is WHERE and WHO grew the plants, HOW were they grown. have they had chemicals or growth inhibitors sprayed on them for transport?  NO!  Ours aren't even grown on public water which have chemicals, and yes, we're also inspected by PA Plants.

Our tomatoes have always been a hit, so avoid the frost, cool weather, chemicals, and learn from the BUDS Gardeners who are garden savvy, educated and can be tracked down locally if there's a problem.

1 hour ago, Petee said:

I have two greenhouses full of young transplants which will be taken to the sale on June 6-7.  That is the optimal plant out date for most garden plants.  

Remember that if you are buying from an unknown grower, then your money is going to another state, to a huge business entity.  Chemicals that may have been used on them are completely unknown, and diseases may have crossed state lines.  It's happened before when it wiped out the tomato crop all up the eastern seaboard by this very company.

Please support your local growers, and especially those who grow the plants for local community service projects.  Those projects depend on the income from the sale.  Not one penny is used for the group's benefit.  It all goes back to our local citizens.

When you buy, I know the temptation is to get it early and in unlimited quantities and variety.  But with local growers, one thing extra that you get is WHERE and WHO grew the plants, HOW were they grown. have they had chemicals or growth inhibitors sprayed on them for transport?  NO!  Ours aren't even grown on public water which have chemicals, and yes, we're also inspected by PA Plants.

Our tomatoes have always been a hit, so avoid the frost, cool weather, chemicals, and learn from the BUDS Gardeners who are garden savvy, educated and can be tracked down locally if there's a problem.

My current plants yesterday  are from Fremer's in Sugar Hill.  Local.   Will see how they start to turn out.  Brockway FFA was wiped out.