GoDuBois.com

Treasure Lake Property Owners Assoc Withholding Member Cards For Family Who Lives With You!

Guest Soccermom

Guest Soccermom

Well, Treasure Lake has done it again! They raised assessments, and not only that, they are refusing to give a member card to anyone over the age of 18 who still lives at home. That includes your own child, as well as an elderly mother or father. 

In order to get one for a college student, the POA is demanding a student transcript. Why would they be entitled to that? 

It gets even worse for a family member with a medical condition. If your family member is not able to go to school or work, which would include anyone with Autism, Aspergers, Alzheimers, or even a Cardiac condition, the tyrants are demanding a letter from your family member's doctor detailing their medical history in order to give over a precious Member Card!

This has every appearance of being just another means of sucking more money from property owners, since the only other way for a family member to use the facilities is to pay over a guest fee just to use the precious swimming pools and beaches, which are owned and paid for by "THE PROPERTY OWNER"!

The TLPOA has apparently been taking notes from the tyrants now running the state and federal government! Does anyone trust them having access to your family members college or medical information?

Guest Soccermom
22 minutes ago, tene71 said:

The assessment was NOT raised this year.  Get your facts straight!!!

So no word on discrimination of family members who have medical conditions, are in college, or are unemployed and living at home due to the pandemic. Let's just stick it to those people on behalf of the retiree golf club who still runs the place. The toilet flushes deeper, and bootlickers run to their rescue.

As to the assessment, you're correct, but who the hell cares in the big scheme of things?

52 minutes ago, Guest Soccermom said:

So no word on discrimination of family members who have medical conditions, are in college, or are unemployed and living at home due to the pandemic. Let's just stick it to those people on behalf of the retiree golf club who still runs the place. The toilet flushes deeper, and bootlickers run to their rescue.

As to the assessment, you're correct, but who the hell cares in the big scheme of things?

I guess they can do what they want since it is in Bylaws.

I think now would be the time to sell your house and move if you are unhappy with the new rules. 

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

I think now would be the time to sell your house and move if you are unhappy with the new rules. 

I agree. But,  Its a catch 22 on that . Yes, but the buyers now are outsiders.  I prefer Locals. Now because of the mass Covid migration out of the closest cities. I dont care how much money they bring. They also bring their attitudes.  if you dont like the social lifestyle  here, why did you buy here in the first place.?  They are buying any available property. Before long non locals will be calling all the shots.  Ill take Eddie Walsh, Herm Suplizio, and the Sandy Board. I think its attempt to stop what has happened in Clearfield and other places. Some Places 2 people will rent it but 6, 10,  20 family or friends will show up.  Its way to control the flow in TL but , the side effect is  it isnt fair to the   longtime full time  abiding  community.  But to see personal medical records? That's crazy. The POA should have a meeting with all the realtors to get a feel who is moving in.

I've lived in Treasure Lake for 30 yrs. and what I've witnessed is, with every new General Manager comes different rules. It has nothing to do with the bylaws.I was told by Barb in the POA office, only people who are on the deed and their children under 18 are considered members. Everyone else is considered a non-member, even if they live with you and you support them.Needless to say I've added my son to our deed.

Guest Soccermom
4 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Wow, so you don't care about discrimination against people who care for family members? And anyone who calls out discrimination can just sell and move? Typical "Laker". 

Guest Soccermom
20 minutes ago, Dot said:

I've lived in Treasure Lake for 30 yrs. and what I've witnessed is, with every new General Manager comes different rules. It has nothing to do with the bylaws.I was told by Barb in the POA office, only people who are on the deed and their children under 18 are considered members. Everyone else is considered a non-member, even if they live with you and you support them.Needless to say I've added my son to our deed.

I would never add a family member to a deed to Treasure Lake property. It would make them liable for the nonsense that goes on in that place.

Guest Soccermom
1 hour ago, buschpounder said:

I know of an over 18 college kid that got a card with no transcripts.  Didn't even ask if the kid was in college.  I don't play golf either.  

Well isn't that interesting. They won't give one to a kid I know with a heart condition without medical documentation from a cardiologist. Must be who you know. Typical DuBois and Treasure Lake...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Since we are on the subject of treasure lake. Can someone answer why we have to let security vehicles left running in the parking lot all thru the night and early morning hours for hours and hours on end. seems like a total waste of gas at $3.19 a gallon.