GoDuBois.com

So much more simple lifestyle

Good grief, those were my young adult years!  There's a lot that was very difficult in society in those days.  Real honest to goodness racism, local murders, violence, etc.  Young women had very little say in their own futures.  Men thought they couldn't be anything less than a brute at times, It was a less educated time overall.  For that reason alone, I would not want to go back, but I WOULD like to see some of the sense of community that existed then brought back.  People tried to behave better because the community was watching.  It wasn't a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Petee said:

Good grief, those were my young adult years!  There's a lot that was very difficult in society in those days.  Real honest to goodness racism, local murders, violence, etc.  Young women had very little say in their own futures.  Men thought they couldn't be anything less than a brute at times, It was a less educated time overall.  For that reason alone, I would not want to go back, but I WOULD like to see some of the sense of community that existed then brought back.  People tried to behave better because the community was watching.  It wasn't a bad thing.

Not all males were Bruts and those that were had willing female partners.

Now I have to put my suit of armor on.

2 hours ago, Petee said:

Yes.  The neighborhood I grew up in during the 70's  was great. Yes, we had our disagreements. Even today we are like a big family on those rare occassions we can all get together..  That is the sense of community that is lacking.

2 minutes ago, jaman said:

Yes.  The neighborhood I grew up in during the 70's  was great. All working class. Yes, we had our disagreements. Even today we are like a big family on those rare occassions we can all get together..  That is the sense of community that is lacking.

17 hours ago, fedup said:

I didn't say they were all brutes, but they were led to believe that was the adult role.  Blessings on the sweet men who were good role models and showed me how a real man should behave to others.

On 5/22/2021 at 5:16 PM, fedup said:

You're safe Fed Up.  At that time women had little support when it came to times of trouble.  Courts were unfair and SOME men knew it, then played it to their own advantage.  Women were murdered or beaten so badly that they wished they were dead, many wanted their babies but were forced into large city abortions, then lived with that nightmare for the rest of their lives.  One bad things about the community was that they were less educated and more prone to think they had the right to be judge, jury and executioner.  

Yes, women had to be educated also.  With more freedom comes more responsibility.  

On 5/22/2021 at 5:43 PM, jaman said:

Yes.  The neighborhood I grew up in during the 70's  was great. Yes, we had our disagreements. Even today we are like a big family on those rare occassions we can all get together..  That is the sense of community that is lacking.

I loved the neighborhood I lived in during the 70's.  Nearest neighbor was over a mile away.  That is the sense of community I miss. :lol:

11 hours ago, Petee said:

You're safe Fed Up.  At that time women had little support when it came to times of trouble.  Courts were unfair and SOME men knew it, then played it to their own advantage.  Women were murdered or beaten so badly that they wished they were dead, many wanted their babies but were forced into large city abortions, then lived with that nightmare for the rest of their lives.  One bad things about the community was that they were less educated and more prone to think they had the right to be judge, jury and executioner.  

Yes, women had to be educated also.  With more freedom comes more responsibility.  

Now-a-days the trend seems to be that all men are evil, specially older white men.  We seem to get blamed for all the stupid that the Liberals are pushing on this country. 

1 hour ago, fedup said:

Now-a-days the trend seems to be that all men are evil, specially older white men.  We seem to get blamed for all the stupid that the Liberals are pushing on this country. 

But they still accept the big checks from them even though they say they hate them.

On 5/24/2021 at 8:06 AM, fedup said:

You're right, it's a power ploy.  Defeat the heroes.  

I do have many male friends who are the absolute salt of the earth, and I would happily trust them with my life.  Sorting them out is the problem.