• LOW PRICES

Sandy no on consolidation

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't think that anyone would not think that State College is thriving. They are building housing everywhere. We bought a place there and it wasn't outrageously expensive. Certainly, if you want a m

Who exactly is "they"?  Are you expecting the feudal lords of DuBois to swoop in, lay claim to all the the eye can see, and turn Sandy residents into peasants?   If you gathered 20 random pe

I am going to do all I can to rectify the no votes of the Supervisors. Only about 350 signatures are needed to get Consolidation on the ballot. Let the voters decide!!!!  

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Cacao said:

The most alarming thing I learned was not the Supervisor vote to not consolidate, it was how bad these guys are at simple math. 

Except for the supervisor who voted to continue...... who's got Russias number?  We need a hack. Lol 

While Consolidation would be a good idea( I dont have a horse in this anymore) the Supervisors did in good faith have this survey. I have participated in a few of these type of surveys . Now its back to the numbers. Its like political polls . But As Supervisor Jeffers said 50% is a breaking point. If you have less then 50% of your side not supporting for it ,  33% deadset against it, it would be a large lift  to get a high percentage of the other 51% to vote for it. Of Course, people are going to argue we only need 3-5% more . It would be more comfortable to proceed if it was 55-60%.  Mr Mollica needs to be complimented immensely on his forward view and I agree with him .  Yes, a 4th Vote maybe should be taken,  but if it would  be NO it would inflame attitudes the area even more and probably for another generation. It has been tried 3 times before.   Id be interested in the breakdown of the areas of Sandy Twp was surveyed .  Remember TL is in Sandy Township also. Very influencial.  And they failed for becoming a borough.

5 minutes ago, jaman said:

While Consolidation would be a good idea( I dont have a horse in this anymore) the Supervisors did in good faith have this survey. I have participated in a few of these type of surveys in the workplace . Now its back to the numbers. Its like political polls . But As Supervisor Jeffers said 50% is a breaking point. If you have less then 50% of your side not supporting for it ,  33% deadset against it, it would be a large lift  to get a high percentage of the other 51% to vote for it. Of Course, people are going to argue we only need 3-5% more . It would be more comfortable to proceed if it was 55-60%.  Mr Mollica needs to be complimented immensely on his forward view and I agree with him .  Yes, a 4th Vote maybe should be taken,  but if it would  be NO it would inflame attitudes the area even more and probably for another generation. It has been tried 3 times before.  If it would fail again Id close the book for 20 year-25 years. The municipalities seem to be working well together.  Id be interested in the breakdown of the areas of Sandy Twp was surveyed .  Remember TL is in Sandy Township also. Very influencial.  A lot of people who have moved here from the outside  to get away from  big government  And they failed for becoming a borough. 

Guest Mika

Are the parents of the kids who play all star ball on the DuBois fields going to be charged a service fee due to the fact they are NOT DuBois residents?

2 minutes ago, jeeper401 said:

Good , if I wanted to be a part of dubois I would've bought a house in dubois, leave sandy township alone , seems to me dubois needs us more than we need them 

Do you live in Sandy? If so by the United States Post Office,  you live in DuBois... just saying

Guest Township Resident

If I had to vote yes or no on consolidation I would vote no but it's not a big or emotional issue with me.  However, I just can't understand the logic used by the four supervisors voting against moving forward.  Of the 82% of the Township residents surveyed who took a side on the issue (excluding the 18% undecided), 60% were in favor.  Assume that the undecideds end up at 50%-50% (less than the current favorable percentage) you still end up with a clear majority with 58% for and 42% against.  

My conclusion is that the supervisors were never going to agree to put the question on the ballot.  So my question is...why let it get this far?  Why waste the money on the study and the survey if you are just going to ignore the results of both?

2 hours ago, Guest Mika said:

Are the parents of the kids who play all star ball on the DuBois fields going to be charged a service fee due to the fact they are NOT DuBois residents?

They did it at the library until Sandy agreed to contribute and they refused to honor the PA library cards that paid them by the book lent out. That is what Sandy Township residents were using. It left kids whose parents were unable to pay the library fee with no way of taking books out of the library. While I did think that Sandy should contribute I didn't much care for the tactics used. Don't be too surprised if it is used again. 

29 minutes ago, Guest Township Resident said:

If I had to vote yes or no on consolidation I would vote no but it's not a big or emotional issue with me.  However, I just can't understand the logic used by the four supervisors voting against moving forward.  Of the 82% of the Township residents surveyed who took a side on the issue (excluding the 18% undecided), 60% were in favor.  Assume that the undecideds end up at 50%-50% (less than the current favorable percentage) you still end up with a clear majority with 58% for and 42% against.  

My conclusion is that the supervisors were never going to agree to put the question on the ballot.  So my question is...why let it get this far?  Why waste the money on the study and the survey if you are just going to ignore the results of both?

My point exactly when I made a statement about their math comprehension.  If I were a Sandy Twp resident, this would tell me that 4 out of 1 are morons and should be voted out on their poor illogical explanation.  They would have been better off to say the survey was racist.

52 minutes ago, JimmyPete said:

Do you live in Sandy? If so by the United States Post Office,  you live in DuBois... just saying

No, no I do not, I pay taxes to sandy twp, sandy twp maintains my road , Sandy twp police patrol the area , sandy twp enforces the ordinances, I don't care what the federal government's postal service thinks , I live in sandy township

Guest Mika
10 minutes ago, jeeper401 said:

No, no I do not, I pay taxes to sandy twp, sandy twp maintains my road , Sandy twp police patrol the area , sandy twp enforces the ordinances, I don't care what the federal government's postal service thinks , I live in sandy township

What hospital do you use?

There's gotta be more to this story.  Why are the stupidvisors against continuing the consolidation study?  What exactly are their concerns?  Why vote to stop in now?   Has DuBois issued a response?  I'm curious to learn if the 4 have investments that would somehow take a hit if there was consolidation. 

There's a lot of meat left on this bone.  The local newspaper is not an investigative newspaper...more of a Lifestyle/Announcement paper.  Maybe one of these local tv stations (albeit terrible news stations) has a kid straight outta college who's determined to make a name for themselves and can dig into this.

3 hours ago, Cacao said:

There's gotta be more to this story.  Why are the stupidvisors against continuing the consolidation study?  What exactly are their concerns?  Why vote to stop in now?   Has DuBois issued a response?  I'm curious to learn if the 4 have investments that would somehow take a hit if there was consolidation. 

There's a lot of meat left on this bone.  The local newspaper is not an investigative newspaper...more of a Lifestyle/Announcement paper.  Maybe one of these local tv stations (albeit terrible news stations) has a kid straight outta college who's determined to make a name for themselves and can dig into this.

I think you might be on to something.

8 hours ago, Guest Mika said:

They should be.  And I live in Sandy.  I fully support consolidation.  I don’t live in the distant past where my great grandparents started this feud. It’s stupid. Plain and simple.  Time to move forward.....together.  Sandy sucks. 

Somebody mentioned the hospital.  Penn Highlands just bought another hospital. And nursing homes. They are spending $100 millions on expansions.  So where is the money coming from? They are skirting the Non profit status. The city gets barely a pittance.  That's an extra mill or two in the till for the City. They take the insurance money and our tax money(Medicare) Please  dont give me the usual they provide jobs. 

we share most things anyway.....fire company's..... police..... water....but hey lets stay small and devided, no big business will want to come here even though we have 80, 322, 219, railroad access, large lots of land, lots of places future families could live while working at the new businesses.... airport, Walmart distribution center near-by,,,,,hospitals/schools ....all this and 2 small minded hick goverments that are afraid to grow :duh::surrender:

12 minutes ago, WMJ77 said:

we share most things anyway.....fire company's..... police..... water....but hey lets stay small and devided, no big business will want to come here even though we have 80, 322, 219, railroad access, large lots of land, lots of places future families could live while working at the new businesses.... airport, Walmart distribution center near-by,,,,,hospitals/schools ....all this and 2 small minded hick goverments that are afraid to grow :duh::surrender:

I have said for decades they built the Mall and businesses in the wrong place. Wrong Exit. They should have built on 219 between Falls Creek and Brockway Including Washington and Snyder Townships.  Better access from the west from Brookville and Corsica .. And better access from the North like places like Ridgway and even Johnsonburg.They catered to Treasure Lake business executives.  The 219 project would have been done . God bless the Grave of Sam valentine. he and a couple others presented this plan in the early 70's.  A lot of people laughed. I guess ol Sam was actually right. And i sure miss his cream pies. 

7 hours ago, jeeper401 said:

Good , if I wanted to be a part of dubois I would've bought a house in dubois, leave sandy township alone , seems to me dubois needs us more than we need them 

The MAJOR sticking point is the vast differences between financial and living circumstances throughout the township.  There are farms, very modest homes, trailers, forest land, old roads, new roads, private roads, gated communities, businesses, etc.  Before those who can't afford any huge expensive changes vote yes, they need to be accounted for.  Those who have much more money and flexibility in their living or business circumstances are a completely separate entity.  Sandy has a Century Farm, ponds, small animals operations, places that never want to see an animal again unless it's for entertainment, subdivisions, private homes which are accessible but are PRIVATE by choice.  Not everyone want s a government entity getting into their own home business.

HOW are they going to accomodate these differences.  Till that is in writing, many people are terrified they won't be able to afford a consolidation, or it will make their living preferences intolerable.

8 hours ago, lavender said:

They did it at the library until Sandy agreed to contribute and they refused to honor the PA library cards that paid them by the book lent out. That is what Sandy Township residents were using. It left kids whose parents were unable to pay the library fee with no way of taking books out of the library. While I did think that Sandy should contribute I didn't much care for the tactics used. Don't be too surprised if it is used again. 

I love our county library system here in Georgia. I can walk into any county library and take a book out. 

3 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

There is another way to get it on the ballot. A petition with about 220 Sandy Township residents names on it could be turned in to the Supervisors who then would have to have it placed on the ballot. 

If the vote resulted in Consolidation then the Supervisors could be replaced.

Now that's what I call the Trump card