GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES

Sandy no on consolidation

On 7/13/2021 at 11:04 AM, Petee said:

Again, why the backdoor push?  Why do they need a all-encompassing done deal?

Why not just work on the goals and progress in an orderly well thought out process?  

Using the voting rights as though they are being suppressed?  No one did that but it may appear to voters as though it was done.

Something is wrong here.  Once we're over the cliff, there will be no going back.

Again, what stands to be gained here by a small group of organized individuals versus the individuals of the township?

a vote

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't think that anyone would not think that State College is thriving. They are building housing everywhere. We bought a place there and it wasn't outrageously expensive. Certainly, if you want a m

Who exactly is "they"?  Are you expecting the feudal lords of DuBois to swoop in, lay claim to all the the eye can see, and turn Sandy residents into peasants?   If you gathered 20 random pe

I am going to do all I can to rectify the no votes of the Supervisors. Only about 350 signatures are needed to get Consolidation on the ballot. Let the voters decide!!!!  

Posted Images

Mr Beers had a great question for Mr Abbott. What type of Government structure do you want? You better disclose what type of Government? Or In 6 months on Go Dubois people  will be saying they didnt vote for that type of government. Well, you just might have in your vote for consolidation without disclosure. TOTAL DISCLOSURE. Demand  the type of Government is on the Ballot..Not just a blank consolidate emotion vote. And yes, TL is a gem (Mr Abbott. NOw we are seeing a little behind the curtain)but if they vote for consolidation that means TREASURE LAKE, too. Like another poster questioned. They should then have to drop the gates. And follow the money.

On 7/5/2021 at 11:54 PM, Illiterate said:

From what I sumise, DuBois/Sandy has done a lousy job of marketing this area.  If people fear large tracts of farm land being gobbled up for large, industrial complexes, that is highly unlikely.  Think smaller firms along the lines of Sensus, powdered metals, even Paris.  Small firms with regional and even international reach.  If nothing else, COVID demonstrated remote workers and specialty firms do not have to locate in big cities.  Smaller tech, engineering, and the like could easily exist in the area without spoiling the 'bucolic' lifestyles we all enjoy.  Consolidation would force a unified approach.

I agree with you. But just like your first sentence. GREAT POINT. History has shown this area regardless of change will stay the same except for a few beneficiaries. if you are going new, go all NEW including new fresh faces. otherwise its like the old cliche, your just putting lipstick on the same pig.

1 hour ago, jaman said:

Mr Beers had a great question for Mr Abbott. What type of Government structure do you want? You better disclose what type of Government? Or In 6 months on Go Dubois people  will be saying they didnt vote for that type of government. Well, you just might have in your vote for consolidation without disclosure. TOTAL DISCLOSURE. Demand  the type of Government is on the Ballot..Not just a blank consolidate emotion vote. And yes, TL is a gem (Mr Abbott. NOw we are seeing a little behind the curtain)but if they vote for consolidation that means TREASURE LAKE, too. Like another poster questioned. They should then have to drop the gates. And follow the money.

The form of government will be on ballot. Chapter 7 Subchapter C Section735

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/53/00.007..HTM

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 10.38.00 AM.png

4 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

I dont know but most of the land seems to be either state game lands and or TL....LOL SO DOES THAT MEAN THE GATES COME DOWN.....and you can paint your house whatever color you want.......

Only if TL becomes a borough.  Once a publicly chartered entity, it has to be opened up.  A private HOA can still remain private within a public entity, but if that HOA itself goes public, then the general HOA thing goes by-by.

The house paint color could still remain if they enact ordinance to keep that.  ...which there are public places in the USA with similar local laws.

1 hour ago, jaman said:

I agree with you. But just like your first sentence. GREAT POINT. History has shown this area regardless of change will stay the same except for a few beneficiaries. if you are going new, go all NEW including new fresh faces. otherwise its like the old cliche, your just putting lipstick on the same pig.

The electorate can  vote in all new council members.

On 7/3/2021 at 11:42 AM, rnetzlof said:

"If the majority votes no for it..." That has happened three times now.

"...then so be it." Apparently not, for the question is rattling around again.

Well, things do change.  Can't really remain locked in time.  I bet there was even a time when a youth from Sandy was not permitted to marry a youth from DuBois without approval of the city and township elders.  

On 7/7/2021 at 6:31 PM, Petee said:

I know both of these men, and Mr. Jeffers has led a life of dangerous and serious service to the community.  He will never be completely recognized for his service.  Mr. Gray has led an entitled life with no personal sacrifice to the community that I know of.  Who has their hand in a pot?  Who do you think would have a better opinion on the needs of the average citizen in Sandy Township?  Which one of these men would you trust with the future of your children?

Mud slinging just gets everyone dirty.  It's the truth that is reality.

I was once told by a relative of one of these men that a newspaper has to "educate" people on what is good for them because they are too uneducated to do it for themselves. I have been livid about that statement ever since it was uttered, but it taught me about the value of education, experience and searching out righteousness that does not involve taking anything from anyone else.  Everyone is equal, or so says our Constitution. 

Apparently there is a clique with money and power who are desperate to get this passed.  I'm asking, who stands to lose exactly what if this doesn't pass?  Follow the money.

I don’t know Mr Jeffers at all nor do I know what he does for a living so I can’t speak about him whatsoever. I do know Mr Gray to be a man of extreme kindness, generosity and faith. He (and his family) have done much good in this community and around the world (over the years) with his life and resources. Whatever his relative said to you has nothing whatsoever to do with Mr Gray or his opinion of consolidation and frankly, saying “follow the money” just sounds like grasping at straws.  🙄Your comment reads like being born  into money (something he certainly had no control over) makes him inherently bad or something but I can’t agree with that point based on my knowledge of the man. It seems small and beneath you to imply that. 

Regarding your position on consolidation: I truly can’t imagine your thought process. The differences between day to day life in Sandy vs DuBois are virtually nil. DuBois is not metropolitan NYC with Sandy playing the role of bucolic farmland. Those who live in the city aren’t gearing up to rush into Sandy twp with crack pipes and thugs, looting and pillaging and wantonly plucking chickens the minute they consolidate. Is there the potential for the area to grow into more as a consolidated entity? Of course, that’s the point really but a giant metropolis isn’t going to spring fully formed from the ground the next day. Indeed, most likely never. I think what we’re all hoping for is to STOP fighting, duplicating services and bringing old grudges (whatever they may be) to the governance of this community and START working together, saving money, repairing the infrastructure for all and creating a place where people can and want to live in peace and prosperity for a lifetime. At 73 you probably won’t see any meaningful change to your lifestyle should consolidation pass. I can’t figure out truly why you would not want more for the community as a whole than yourself as an individual.

Guest Mika
22 hours ago, Titan said:

What do you mean exactly?

I was being sarcastic.

The people at the meeting should have been allowed to speak out against awarding a Philly corporation our water & refusing to work with the city.

8 hours ago, Guest Mika said:

I was being sarcastic.

The people at the meeting should have been allowed to speak out against awarding a Philly corporation our water & refusing to work with the city.

Awarding?   They provide 200 jobs and are still growing!   They built a water treatment plant on site that rivals any local municipality treatment plant.

You're against progress?

Guest Mika
1 hour ago, Titan said:

Awarding?   They provide 200 jobs and are still growing!   They built a water treatment plant on site that rivals any local municipality treatment plant.

You're against progress?

No. I just have more faith & trust in our local people & leaders than I do for corporations

34 minutes ago, Guest Mika said:

No. I just have more faith & trust in our local people & leaders than I do for corporations

Ah yes ..... The same locals and leaders that fought tooth and nail to keep Denny Raybuck from reclaiming the then defunct foundry into a cheese plant that couldn't get off the ground at the time due to local leaders fighting over water and sewage!

Had he not made that happen despite your faith in "local leaders" no corporation would have had any interest in this area.

Thanks to his efforts back then, despite the squabbling, there's 200 great paying jobs in place now along with other local businesses benefiting from its continuing growth. 

Business needs to come to the area to support the population and provide good jobs. The township has the land to make that happen, but there needs to be cooperation between the city and township since the city controls the water/sewage. Consolidation is not going to make everything change over night, but IMO it is going to put us on a better path to a improved economic situation in the long run. Time for the bad blood to get put behind us and start working together to make our entire community better.

For more "Danone-like" jobs to come here, in addition to DuBois/Sandy being good to each other, we need our state representation to do more leading in Harrisburg and less "falling in line".  State/Federal regulations and taxes are also a contributing factor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 6:31 PM, Petee said:

I know both of these men, and Mr. Jeffers has led a life of dangerous and serious service to the community.  He will never be completely recognized for his service.  Mr. Gray has led an entitled life with no personal sacrifice to the community that I know of.  Who has their hand in a pot?  Who do you think would have a better opinion on the needs of the average citizen in Sandy Township?  Which one of these men would you trust with the future of your children?

Mud slinging just gets everyone dirty.  It's the truth that is reality.

I was once told by a relative of one of these men that a newspaper has to "educate" people on what is good for them because they are too uneducated to do it for themselves. I have been livid about that statement ever since it was uttered, but it taught me about the value of education, experience and searching out righteousness that does not involve taking anything from anyone else.  Everyone is equal, or so says our Constitution. 

Apparently there is a clique with money and power who are desperate to get this passed.  I'm asking, who stands to lose exactly what if this doesn't pass?  Follow the money.

Re-enactment of DuBois and Sandy power brokers negotiations.  Names and places changed to hide their real motives.