GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES

I never seen so many people in Dubois on community days I didn’t know there was that many where do they go when nothing is going on well I no in there house the only time they come out is to cut grass and some do it once a week weather it needs it or not because they are bored no one sits on there porch well I guess another year I have to wait to see more people 

19 hours ago, Elvis said:

I never seen so many people in Dubois on community days I didn’t know there was that many where do they go when nothing is going on well I no in there house the only time they come out is to cut grass and some do it once a week weather it needs it or not because they are bored no one sits on there porch well I guess another year I have to wait to see more people 

I was just saying how I never see anyone outside. Well the one neighbor guy that mowes at 10 at night with his rider and headlight on. So dumb. But its not like it used to be. 

Everyone is lured to the comfort of their home couch and TV or electronics and snack or fast food.  We've become lazy and not driven enough to get out and accomplish more of what the world needs.  The proof of that is in the pudding.

It used to be that a house was a place to eat and sleep.  Fun was had outside.  Work was actually enjoyable and that's how you met your neighbors and friends over iced tea or a hot cup of chocolate.

Everyone working is limited to spare time, and only those on welfare are out actually roaming the streets or congregating.

ALL organizations need to create reasons to get outside, both for health and mental welfare.  Last year was brutal in ways that had nothing to do with possibly becoming sick.  If has scarred us.

Join a group, go on picnics, explore, become a biker, walker or outdoor reader.  Build a proper garden for health and great vibes.  Learn to cook fresh food, BBQ, cook with the sun, eat mixed fruit and veggies salads on a blanket in the grass with friends.  Plant a pollinator garden and watch what comes to visit!  

Join a garden club or Master Gardeners and begin to share knowledge or actually teach others new and proper gardening techniques. There is so much to learn that it boggles and exercises the mind.

Get outside everyday.  Sort out the nice people to absorb into friendships and get your Vitamin D.  Scratch the sunscreen and opt for shorter time in the sun with longer time in the shade.  Health awaits you IF you choose to accept it.