GoDuBois.com

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on getting into Treasure Lake, without having family calling you in. I am planning a surprise trip and dont want them to know I am coming. It's been years since I've been in Treasure Lake. Is the ski lodge still there? Please help me make this surprise happen😉

Guest SgtRick

Just tell the gate guy you are going to Duffers Tavern for a meal.  Because of their liquor license they must be " open to public" not a private club.

If there is a restaurant with a PA liquor license at TL, ie, the Lakeview Lodge, then the gate has to let you in.  They may question  you at the gate as to where you are going - and then warn you that you are not permitted to go anywhere other than to the Lakeview Lodge and if you do so you will be trespassing.  I have not been to TL for a while, but I used to get in with just a wave and a smile. :D:thankyou2:

On 6/19/2021 at 2:35 PM, Guest SgtRick said:

If you say you are going to ur camp, they may ask for proof of camp ownership.  Perhaps ask to go to KOA. 

Never have asked for.my proof or have they ever asked any family  members  for proof

3 hours ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Now there is a gate that they have to lift ( like at a railroad crossing) so you can no longer just drive thru.

True but I still wave and smile. If u really want in they'll let u in just like at the Capital. They are their for a piece of mind not to secure anything lmao.

Guest Steve

Two guest of mine got speeding tickets last week. I told them 38 mph max or they will get pulled over and fined. They didnt listen. I made them go down and pay or I would have to pay within 2 weeks of the fine.