GoDuBois.com

Facebook Fack Checker

Guest SgtRick

I can say for sure I don't need them. I experienced an amazing event as a child.  I learned to read.... You know?  Books?  History Magazines,  The Wall Street Journal.  I learned to enjoy the woods.  I enjoy quiet thoughtful conversations.  

For thousands of years ... back to the Greeks, etc... performers were seen as trash, whores, low life's.  As far as I know, they still are.

4 hours ago, jt85 said:

So u don't watch sports,movies or the news for entertainment?? I would say you do.  So therefore u need them for your entertainment.  So this post Is bull..

Other than the NfL Playoffs, Super Bowl, a few Steelers games, Stanley Cup Semi finals or Finals with the Penguins, a few golf tournaments. other than that, I dont watch "Professional" sports. I gave up on watching the Pirates last May.  As previous in my posts I watch a lot of Discovery, TLC. and History. Moonshiners is very entertaining but also educational. Human interest programming. I dont watch any regular  MSM national (ABC<NBC<CBS)programming.  I read Forbes, Wall Street Journal, and Bloomberg for a different spin.  20-30 minutes a day of CNBC or Fox Business for business trends and taxes. Need to stay informed.   I get my  local news if I need to  be informed like weather from 6 or 10 and Sunny radio.  OR GO DUBOIS. And Ive cut about 98% watching most of my National cable news(CNN< FOX< MSNBC) since last election.  Except if I walk past my CNN watching old mother. I stop for 30 seconds to see the topic and then keep walking.  I like to fix things.  I stay in touch with friends and hang with neighbors.  I dont rent or watch a lot of movies.  If I could have 5 or 6 of my favorite stations I could do without the rest of them. 

Let us understand the difference between "need" and "want." We need food we would die without it. Most of us therefore need farmers, truck drivers, supermarkets, butchers etc. Some hardy types might be self sufficient. We need clean water therefore we need those that provide it with the exception of those who have wells or springs and those with wells need someone to drill them and put in pumps unless they can lower a bucket like great, great, great grandma used to do.  We need doctors as self medicating in not always a good idea and self surgery is more than difficult. We need shelter.

We may want entertainment but we aren't going to die without it. I guess we don't even need books as I know people who haven't read one since they were out of school. It would be difficult though. If you want to see the difference clearly look back to primitive societies or your far distant grandparents. They spent enough time getting what they needed to survive that they didn't have time for wants. 

So if your laying on the ground dying and one of these people were the only ones around u wouldn't need them?? I get the idea of the post but you can't say u would never need them because in all honesty u don't know that. Now I do believe these people do not need the money they make for the "entertainment" they provide. Me personally could care less about any sport including racing or anything else people view as a sport. The news can blow it up there own butts because I don't listen to liars. Movies are just background noise if one is even put on.  I'd rather sit on my porch and listen to the birds. My entertainment is the world I live in. Could be the neighbor mowing his grass at 10:30 at night or the rabbit in the yard. I seem to find myself saying nice stop at the stop signs about 500 times a day..  WHAT WE NEED TO DO is shut down the media for 30 days so the world can fix itself. Instead of turning g on a sport go outside and play a game outside or a board game inside. Build a puzzle or read a book. 

6 minutes ago, jt85 said:

So if your laying on the ground dying and one of these people were the only ones around u wouldn't need them?? I get the idea of the post but you can't say u would never need them because in all honesty u don't know that. Now I do believe these people do not need the money they make for the "entertainment" they provide. Me personally could care less about any sport including racing or anything else people view as a sport. The news can blow it up there own butts because I don't listen to liars. Movies are just background noise if one is even put on.  I'd rather sit on my porch and listen to the birds. My entertainment is the world I live in. Could be the neighbor mowing his grass at 10:30 at night or the rabbit in the yard. I seem to find myself saying nice stop at the stop signs about 500 times a day..  WHAT WE NEED TO DO is shut down the media for 30 days so the world can fix itself. Instead of turning g on a sport go outside and play a game outside or a board game inside. Build a puzzle or read a book. 

You might NEED them as a good Samaritan to stop the blood flow but you wouldn't need the to practice their professions and do a scene from Shakespeare or toss a football around. You might would a medical professional of some sort and perhaps a clergyman depending on your feelings on the subject of religion.  Under some circumstances you might NEED  someone to administer a coup de gras, pull you from a burning house or lift a car off of you.  You don't need a person who plays football or sings for a living anymore than you need a plumber there as professionals.  

6 minutes ago, lavender said:

You might NEED them as a good Samaritan to stop the blood flow but you wouldn't need the to practice their professions and do a scene from Shakespeare or toss a football around. You might would a medical professional of some sort and perhaps a clergyman depending on your feelings on the subject of religion.  Under some circumstances you might NEED  someone to administer a coup de gras, pull you from a burning house or lift a car off of you.  You don't need a person who plays football or sings for a living anymore than you need a plumber there as professionals.  

Still would need them. Just saying...

3 minutes ago, lavender said:

I think you are missing the point. You don't NEED their professions. Does it work that way for you? 

Didnt say I needed their profession. They are still human no matter what their job is... don't know what u do but I could need u one day. Doesn't mean I need ur profession to fix me.

38 minutes ago, jt85 said:

I agree. Shut the media down.  I do set on my enclosed back porch watching the birds .....and rabbits. 2nd year in a row the have infested my property.

57 minutes ago, jaman said:

I agree. Shut the media down.  I do set on my enclosed back porch watching the birds .....and rabbits. 2nd year in a row the have infested my property.

Nothing better than sitting outside enjoying mother nature and what she has to offer. All negative goes away.