Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES

Biden admin launching 'door-to-door' push to vaccinate Americans


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Tiramisu said:

After the jab, she developed turrets symptoms 

https://www.facebook.com/kellaiann/videos/329644515282831/

I am not sure about any of these vaccines anymore.

I got a tetanus booster shot and then developed numbness in that arm and pain and shortly after that pain throughout my whole body and then was diagnosed with  Psoriatic arthritis. They say it is not related but I felt fine before the shot. Either way I now have to deal with pain for the rest of my life

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, allboys said:

They knock on your door for these things? Propose a passport to show you had a mammogram? Declare you should wear a mask if you haven't had a flu shot?  Nothing you mentioned is foisted upon people.

 

No...so what is your point? There is a difference between an educational announcement, a recommendation from your physician, and harrassment, which is what they are proposing.

 

If they set foot on my property I will meet them armed in one hand and on the phone with police with the other for trespassing.  The same as I would for any uninvited person who sets foot on my property.

The public health model is built upon engaging individuals in under-served communities in available and appropriate healthcare services.  If you lived in a under-served community, you might get a knock at your door during October offering any females in the home in need of a mammogram a certificate to obtain a free on or info on how to access one.  Again, the idea of going door to door providing health information is not a new concept.  

Healthcare workers have been required to wear a mask Nov-Apr each year if they don't/can't get a flu shot for YEARS. No exceptions.  This is not a new concept.

A vaccine is not being foisted upon you.  If you aren't interested, shut the door.  No one is going to jab you the second you open the door...they are going to provide information.  Informed consent, a vaccine administered by a healthcare professional, and a follow-up appointment for a second dose are all still being done.  This just seeks to move the vaccine availability from the doctor's office to the community.

Better have those NO TRESSPASSING signs posted on your property if you expect the cops to do anything.  Learned that lesson myself the hard way a few years ago.  No sign.  No charge of trespass until the 2nd time they show up on your property.  So good luck!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

The public health model is built upon engaging individuals in under-served communities in available and appropriate healthcare services.  If you lived in a under-served community, you might get a knock at your door during October offering any females in the home in need of a mammogram a certificate to obtain a free on or info on how to access one.  Again, the idea of going door to door providing health information is not a new concept.  

Healthcare workers have been required to wear a mask Nov-Apr each year if they don't/can't get a flu shot for YEARS. No exceptions.  This is not a new concept.

A vaccine is not being foisted upon you.  If you aren't interested, shut the door.  No one is going to jab you the second you open the door...they are going to provide information.  Informed consent, a vaccine administered by a healthcare professional, and a follow-up appointment for a second dose are all still being done.  This just seeks to move the vaccine availability from the doctor's office to the community.

Better have those NO TRESSPASSING signs posted on your property if you expect the cops to do anything.  Learned that lesson myself the hard way a few years ago.  No sign.  No charge of trespass until the 2nd time they show up on your property.  So good luck!

 

 

You are very confused on the issue at hand. You are mixing employer and government. These are things the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT are proposing, intruding into a person's private life and medical decision.  Not one example you have thrown out comes close, they all have to do with an employer and their employee policies or business model offerings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

Better have those NO TRESSPASSING signs posted on your property if you expect the cops to do anything.  Learned that lesson myself the hard way a few years ago.  No sign.  No charge of trespass until the 2nd time they show up on your property.  So good luck!

I am sorry you did not research prior. I do not have that issue. I knew the laws prior, including certified letters to specific individuals.  I don't need luck, only the trespassers do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, allboys said:

 

You are very confused on the issue at hand. You are mixing employer and government. These are things the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT are proposing, intruding into a person's private life and medical decision.  Not one example you have thrown out comes close, they all have to do with an employer and their employee policies or business model offerings.

I'm not confused.  I'm responding to your points in your post.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they could just hire the Jehovah's witnesses who could double up on their message. I'm sure that any and all people knocking at the door trying to coerce residents into some action will all get the same reaction. Are they going to ask if you are vaccinated? Are you going to say none of your business? HIPPA. So where does the conversation go after that? This is totally silly. And probably expensive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MIM307 said:

I'm not confused.  I'm responding to your points in your post.  

You are confused. The points in my post are nothing to do with a company or organization and their social responsibility, which is everything you brought up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, allboys said:

You are confused. The points in my post are nothing to do with a company or organization and their social responsibility, which is everything you brought up.  

I am not confused.  It's cool that you don't agree with my points.  I don't agree with yours.  

Have a good one!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am confused. If you get the shot and then get some sort of passport doesnt the government already who has the shot.

 

I am also wondering how long it will be until they round up all those not vaccinated and either force them into camps or vaccinate them without their permission.

Heil Biden!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MIM307 said:

I am not confused.  It's cool that you don't agree with my points.  I don't agree with yours.  

Have a good one!

It is cool that you don't understand the difference.  Your points aren't valid for my examples.  Doesn't matter if you "agree". First you must understand what you are agreeing or disagreeing with. It is obvious you do not understand what social responsibility for a company is that is different from from the government.  Tell me, when did the federal government mandate masks in hospitals?  Show me where the government is sending messages for annual testing? Let me help you some.  You cannot support your position.

Quote

Recommendations made by the USPSTF are independent of the U.S. government. They should not be construed as an official position of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

The government has zero business in my private health decisions and should have zero influence in those decisions, no matter their want or reasoning. It is a waste of my money and I don't and never will agree with it.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gator11 said:

I am confused. If you get the shot and then get some sort of passport doesnt the government already who has the shot.

 

I am also wondering how long it will be until they round up all those not vaccinated and either force them into camps or vaccinate them without their permission.

Heil Biden!

Seems to be plenty of members here marching in line to search the attics and round people up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 3:13 PM, MIM307 said:

While I completely agree that medical decisions are best left to be made between an individual and their doctor, the government already (pre-Covid) runs numerous campaigns encouraging individuals to see their healthcare providers in order to prevent diseases.   

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Free or low-cost mammograms are offered, especially to those in high areas of poverty.  Women are encouraged to preform self-checks in order to detect cancer early.  Men over 50 are encouraged to see their healthcare provider if they exhibit one of the symptoms of prostate cancer.  Every flu season, all are encouraged to get a flu shot.  Numerous vaccines are required by the government in order to attend public school (medical and philosophical abstentions are allowed of course).  The government has been in the healthcare education business for sometime.  Educating the public about the COVID vaccine, and increasing individuals' access to the vaccine, really aren't new concepts.  

All that is fine ......  but don't you find it the least bit odd that they want to knock on doors to pitch the idea you've obviously already made a decision to do or NOT do?

Where do you draw the line with intrusiveness?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Titan said:

All that is fine ......  but don't you find it the least bit odd that they want to knock on doors to pitch the idea you've obviously already made a decision to do or NOT do?

Where do you draw the line with intrusiveness?

Like I said previously, door-to-door (or community based services) are truly just part of the public health model.  It's an effort to reach people that perhaps want a vaccine but have had no means of obtaining one.  Local healthcare professionals from various communities have been doing this for months.  It's been covered pretty decently by the news.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Titan said:

All that is fine ......  but don't you find it the least bit odd that they want to knock on doors to pitch the idea you've obviously already made a decision to do or NOT do?

Where do you draw the line with intrusiveness?

They may also have a camera to take the picture for the  Vaccine Passport

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jaman said:

They may also have a camera to take the picture for the  Vaccine Passport

If the Jefferson County Health Department nurse had knocked on your mom's door when you were looking for a J&J vaccine for her, would you have taken the information she provided and gotten your mom the vaccine you wanted for her?  Or would you have been afraid she was going to take your mom's picture for a make-believe Vaccine Passport and continued to search for the vaccine you wanted for your mom?

That's the public health model working in the community.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

While there are NO PLANS for any kind of vaccine passport for COVID vax, again a vaccine passport isn't a new concept that Biden's team dreamed up.  

Countries requiring yellow fever vaccination for entry do so in accordance with the International Health Regulations. Yellow fever is currently the only disease for which proof of vaccination may be required for travelers as a condition of entry to a State Party under Annex 7 of the International Health Regulations (IHR).  - https://www.who.int/ith/2016-ith-county-list.pdf

Have any of you flown since COVID or traveled outside of the country since COVID restrictions have been lifted? I have.  Guess what? No one in the US nor the country I traveled to asked my vaccine status.  I was required to be tested, by my destination country, prior to arrival and then prior to departure from their airport.  That's all I was asked to provide proof of.  My negative test within 72 hours of travel.  The resort hosted its own testing site.  Very simple.  No freedoms were infringed upon.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MIM307 said:

Like I said previously, door-to-door (or community based services) are truly just part of the public health model.  It's an effort to reach people that perhaps want a vaccine but have had no means of obtaining one.  Local healthcare professionals from various communities have been doing this for months.  It's been covered pretty decently by the news.  

And just who are those that want this and have no means?

If they have a phone they can call for the visit.  This door to door crap is not necessary.  

You just don't get whats really happening here.  It's not what you think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Titan said:

And just who are those that want this and have no means?

If they have a phone they can call for the visit.  This door to door crap is not necessary.  

You just don't get whats really happening here.  It's not what you think.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't understand your concerns.   It's truly not what you think.   You still can say no.  You still can not answer your door.  You still can have someone arrested for trespassing.  No one is forcing anyone to get a vax.  Period.  It's only being offered.  

Even the poorest communities, people have access to phones.  You're right about that.  But how do they know where to call?  No TV.  No internet.  Perhaps limited mobility making it difficult to get out of the house.  That's where the door-to-door part comes in.  Information, education, and most importantly access to a vaccine for those who want it.


Who are the people that don't have access?  Here's some stories below that highlight the communities that are being offered door-to-door vaccines, in many cases by volunteers.  

Here's one from MARCH in New Haven:
https://www.courant.com/coronavirus/hc-news-coronavirus-vaccination-door-to-door-new-haven-20210313-ndcv4jolqbemphqsgzq4fsxgca-story.html

This one is from Virginia:
https://www.wric.com/health/coronavirus/nurses-traveling-door-to-door-with-covid-19-vaccines-in-richmond-as-delta-variant-spreads-across-virginia/

Here's a story from Milwaukee:
https://www.wpr.org/milwaukee-launches-door-door-covid-19-vaccination-effort

Here's one from early June (well before Biden's annoucement) in Lexington
https://spectrumnews1.com/ky/louisville/news/2021/06/06/lex-do-this-campaign-going-door-to-door

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...