GoDuBois.com

The last couple times I tried to get some Wendy's the dining room/inside ordering was closed(this past weekend, and weekend before).  ...and a line of cars backed up to the entrance of the parking lot.

Are they remodeling?  Under-staffed?

Anyone know what is going on?

6 hours ago, jaman said:

What do they start at per Hour? BK starts $11-12. Mc D's Dubois $13.

McDonalds starts the 3rd shift at $13.50 per hour, it is $12 something for the other shifts.

I noticed that Long John Silvers also has their dining room closed still.  People not wanting to work is a part of the problem.  Another issue is the increasing wages as employers are competing for employees.  People are job hopping like crazy.  It is not only the fast food industry that is having this issue.  

There are people applying for jobs that are laid off but are not being hired because they are told they are over qualified for the job.  Have saw this mentioned on the news. Saw one woman interviewed on the news saying she applied at 6 different place but has not received any calls back. There are people wanting to work but employers will not hire them. 

I can't speak for the restaurant industry.  My guess is that this is unsustainable.  Not a good model to pay skilled wages for unskilled jobs.  The product will become too expensive and no one will be able to afford it.

I can speak for the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry.  Get ready, because a lot of pain is on the horizon and we'll soon begin to endure it.  Inflation will slowly choke the economy.  Compare your grocery bill from June to today.  Many major manufacturers are increasing their prices in June/July.  This is only the beginning.  What's next?  Layoffs and downsizing.  The economy may look like it's booming on the surface, but it's crashing underneath.  As soon as investors start selling, the media/politicians will finally catch up.  

2 hours ago, Cacao said:

I can't speak for the restaurant industry.  My guess is that this is unsustainable.  Not a good model to pay skilled wages for unskilled jobs.  The product will become too expensive and no one will be able to afford it.

I can speak for the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry.  Get ready, because a lot of pain is on the horizon and we'll soon begin to endure it.  Inflation will slowly choke the economy.  Compare your grocery bill from June to today.  Many major manufacturers are increasing their prices in June/July.  This is only the beginning.  What's next?  Layoffs and downsizing.  The economy may look like it's booming on the surface, but it's crashing underneath.  As soon as investors start selling, the media/politicians will finally catch up.  

PinPoint Analysis.:D With 9.2 jobs available until they are filled and then new added jobs. The economy isnt Booming. Its Wall Street Booming.

Mc Donalds is opening their Dining Room tomorrow.  I asked if they were having problems with getting employees and they're not.  My son, daughters, in laws, grandchildren and friends all have jobs.  They find ones they like with very little hunting.

If anybody is looking for a job, The Comfort Suites is hiring, for housekeeping, breakfast, front desk and maintenance! Please, tell your friends and family, we need people that are willing to work weekends and hard workers. As an employee, we have had several walk out this past week and it is taking a toll on all of us! Yes, we were laid off last year and yes we got jobs right away, no matter if it had benefits or not, it was a job and were happy that there was someone willing to work…..People of all races can be lazy and don’t want to work and live off the system and I for one, do not like to do that and yes it was nice being off working for 6 months and just getting some actual rest and catching up on things that have been neglected when we were working but did my daughter and I get a job, yes! In fact, my daughter is working 2 jobs to try and get ahead in her bills that she has before she enters the real world after getting her diploma and hopefully she doesn’t have to wait too long 

24 minutes ago, busrolls36 said:

If anybody is looking for a job, The Comfort Suites is hiring, for housekeeping, breakfast, front desk and maintenance! Please, tell your friends and family, we need people that are willing to work weekends and hard workers. As an employee, we have had several walk out this past week and it is taking a toll on all of us! Yes, we were laid off last year and yes we got jobs right away, no matter if it had benefits or not, it was a job and were happy that there was someone willing to work…..People of all races can be lazy and don’t want to work and live off the system and I for one, do not like to do that and yes it was nice being off working for 6 months and just getting some actual rest and catching up on things that have been neglected when we were working but did my daughter and I get a job, yes! In fact, my daughter is working 2 jobs to try and get ahead in her bills that she has before she enters the real world after getting her diploma and hopefully she doesn’t have to wait too long 

Thank YOU.