GoDuBois.com

On 7/17/2021 at 7:37 AM, Guest oldasdirt said:

allboys....i COULD not agree more!

I called one time to set up an appointment for my car for a warranty issue. This was at least 5 or 6 years ago.  They refused because my car wasn't purchased there.  First I called Ford and lodged a complaint and they contacted another dealer for me.  That is where my business went from then on.  

A lot of people buy things somewhere else then cry foul when a local business doesn't jump all over repairing their purchase. I'm not just talking about cars. People buy cheaper appliances from big box stores and don't understand why some of the local stores don't run right out and fix their stuff. The locals have their loyal customers to attend to first!

2 hours ago, Gold Brick said:

A lot of people buy things somewhere else then cry foul when a local business doesn't jump all over repairing their purchase. I'm not just talking about cars. People buy cheaper appliances from big box stores and don't understand why some of the local stores don't run right out and fix their stuff. The locals have their loyal customers to attend to first!

I buy the same brand of equipment for my business at different dealers based on price,  if something happens especially under warranty,  I can take it to whoever that's a dealer to fix it no matter what. Now if I have to pay for service,  the local guy going to get my business..... but I don't buy my stuff new alot from there because bigger dealers I can work with on price. 

T

24 minutes ago, JimmyPete said:

I buy the same brand of equipment for my business at different dealers based on price,  if something happens especially under warranty,  I can take it to whoever that's a dealer to fix it no matter what. Now if I have to pay for service,  the local guy going to get my business..... but I don't buy my stuff new alot from there because bigger dealers I can work with on price. 

That's fine if you understand local people take care of loyal customers first. If you travel to save money be prepared to travel for service, just saying.

24 minutes ago, Gold Brick said:

T

That's fine if you understand local people take care of loyal customers first. If you travel to save money be prepared to travel for service, just saying.

Also going to add that buying local helps provide local jobs. I always do my math on what my trade in should give me and what I should pay for the vehicle I am buying... for the past 10 years Murray's has always come in under what I expected.

5 hours ago, Gold Brick said:

A Ford Dealership has an obligation to perform warranty work on ANY Ford product no matter where it was purchased.  That is how you get and keep local and loyal customers.  :duh::rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Also going to add that buying local helps provide local jobs. I always do my math on what my trade in should give me and what I should pay for the vehicle I am buying... for the past 10 years Murray's has always come in under what I expected.

I looked there when I was car shopping.  They did not have what I wanted.  I don't buy new, it's a waste of money. I cannot expect they will have exactly what I want in used.