GoDuBois.com

Frank's Pizza In DuBois Closed Until Further Notice

Frank’s Pizza in DuBois closed until further notice

Franks-Pizza.jpg
Posted on 

DuBois, PA – A friendly restaurant staple in DuBois, Frank’s Pizza on West Long Avenue, is closing down until further notice.

Frank’s was reportedly short staffed for the past 18 months.

We’re awaiting official announcements, but owner Jodi Shaffer made a Facebook post thanking the staff and saying that Frank’s is closed until further notice due to the staffing situation.

Frank’s Pizza has been a part of the DuBois community for 64 years, when it was started by Francis Kupetz in 1957. It changed hands multiple times since then, including when Shaffer’s parents, Dick and Linda, bought the business in 1987 and when it was transferred to Jodi Shaffer herself in 2001.

Many locals have loved Frank’s Pizza, and some who have moved away from DuBois say they always make a point to grab a slice of Frank’s when they come back to visit.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said this before...Frank's Pizza is terrible pizza.  No loss here.  But, if you're a fan, Capt'n Blues in Reynoldsville is the EXACT same thing.  The guy used to own Frank's and uses the original

I beleive she does "work her butt off"!

how about we take all the lazy asses off unemployment because of the bullshit covid

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Petee said:

I would imagine delivery drivers because when we are there, they always seem to have enough people in the prep area.  Go apply, or better yet, buy the place and continue the tradition.

I thought that also about the prep area and  the amount of people  but everybody can't work every night either so who knows where the help is needed.

Guest mike tost

SAD YOU FOLKS WILL HAVE TO GO WITH WITHDRAWL AS I HAVE SINCE MOVING TO GEORGIA. I Have had it shipped here a few times and ate it every night when we were there on visits. Hope it comes back. Thank those that voted for the POS biden for all he has done to harm small business.

Maybe the Restaurant Revitalization Fund will get more funds and Franks Pizza can get a cash infusion. 

According to the Small Business Administration, 9,944 Pennsylvania businesses applied for close to $2.5 billion in grants, but only 3,530 received them, a payout totaling about $949 million for an average grant of about $269,000.

The Big Burrito restaurant group received the maximum award of $10 million, which elicited some blowback on social media, but company president Bill Fuller was quick to point out that the money offset losses at 12 Mad Mex locations, six boutique restaurants and a catering division. The company employs roughly 1,000 statewide.

Armstrong Foods Inc. of Butler County was awarded nearly $3.6 million for a Ponderosa Steakhouse at the Clearview Mall.

https://www.post-gazette.com/life/dining/2021/07/18/When-we-lose-this-we-re-done-Federal-restaurant-relief-helps-some-but-not-all-weather-Covid-aftermath/stories/202107180170

4 minutes ago, Cacao said:

I've said this before...Frank's Pizza is terrible pizza.  No loss here.  But, if you're a fan, Capt'n Blues in Reynoldsville is the EXACT same thing.  The guy used to own Frank's and uses the original recipe.  Can go get your fix there.

For some reason I don't believe this. 

6 hours ago, jt85 said:

For some reason I don't believe this. 

Believe it bucco.  I dislike Frank's and have since I was a kid.  Too doughy and nothing but a mouthful of grease. Capt'n Blues in Reynoldsville...call him and ask.  He's a good dude and is nice to talk to.  Can't remember his name, but he was in 'Nam and has some very interesting stories.

3 hours ago, Cacao said:

Believe it bucco.  I dislike Frank's and have since I was a kid.  Too doughy and nothing but a mouthful of grease. Capt'n Blues in Reynoldsville...call him and ask.  He's a good dude and is nice to talk to.  Can't remember his name, but he was in 'Nam and has some very interesting stories.

Captn blues reminds me of old school pizza. Don't care for it. But u say it's the same as Frank's but say how bad Frank's is and how great the other is. How does this make any sense??

2 hours ago, jt85 said:

Captn blues reminds me of old school pizza. Don't care for it. But u say it's the same as Frank's but say how bad Frank's is and how great the other is. How does this make any sense??

It's looks and tastes just like Frank's minus the grease.  Even the shop with the oven behind the counter is very much the same.

I like both very much.  It's worth a try.