GoDuBois.com

Frank's Pizza In DuBois Closed Until Further Notice

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said this before...Frank's Pizza is terrible pizza.  No loss here.  But, if you're a fan, Capt'n Blues in Reynoldsville is the EXACT same thing.  The guy used to own Frank's and uses the original

I beleive she does "work her butt off"!

how about we take all the lazy asses off unemployment because of the bullshit covid

Posted Images

On 8/10/2021 at 7:31 AM, Titan said:

Exactly ....  Then Sears or the others would have to hunt their own carts down.  I'm fairly certain few if any people ever actually returned their stolen cart back to the original store.  Sears didn't own the mall, so if you walked out into the common areas with their cart you were committing theft.  

Carts provided shopping assistance to build sales.  They also provided a job for a teen who could go out early in the shopping day and collect them.  Sounds like a great trade off to me!  I would grab a cart on the way in to shop, load up the kids and then return it to the cart corral when I was done.  

7 hours ago, Petee said:

Carts provided shopping assistance to build sales.  They also provided a job for a teen who could go out early in the shopping day and collect them.  Sounds like a great trade off to me!  I would grab a cart on the way in to shop, load up the kids and then return it to the cart corral when I was done.  

I understand what you're saying, but why would Sears be okay with you using their cart in their competitors stores?   The Mall itself would have to provide them which they can't afford and would drive up liability costs. Furthermore the mall isn't responsible for sales in their leased spaces.  Some stores are small and have no room for cart use which would lead to issues with their customers.

You have Walmart carts to lean on while shopping.  They don't have to share the cart with other stores.  That's their business model.   I assure you if Walmart were connected to the mall they would prosecute for theft if customers took their carts into the mall.

The mall association owned and paid for the carts.  Some stores had signs up that you could not take the cart into that store, so they were left outside till the customer got their purchases.  You could go from store to store and just add purchases while having your hands free to shop.

Obviously their business model sucks!

21 hours ago, Petee said:

Go stock up and make sure they know how much you like their pizza.  Apply for a job!

I have a job also, but I did buy enough for 2 meals for me and my wife, they were really busy with people patiently waiting for their order.....sometimes 30-40 min....and it was worth it plus a tip:yes:

On 8/11/2021 at 5:06 AM, Tiramisu said:

I work in a job where I deal with the owners and crew leaders of DuBois businesses. They all say the same thing. I’m sure they could use a good worker like you who is not bothered by the entitled to/complain about everything crowd. 

Complain all you want.  Not my problem, it's yours.  I just dont really listen.  If it's something fixable, I fix it.  If I can't, well I choose not let others people baggage bring me down.

I am usually pretty lenient towards others failures and perceived shortcomings as the real problem is further up the chain.  That said, customer service really sucks on a regular basis.  If you cant handle customer care then get a new job.  Really, the customer is paying you to solve issues.  In most cases, the customer is complaining because you did not deliver the required services.

6 hours ago, Illiterate said:

Complain all you want.  Not my problem, it's yours.  I just dont really listen.  If it's something fixable, I fix it.  If I can't, well I choose not let others people baggage bring me down.

I am usually pretty lenient towards others failures and perceived shortcomings as the real problem is further up the chain.  That said, customer service really sucks on a regular basis.  If you cant handle customer care then get a new job.  Really, the customer is paying you to solve issues.  In most cases, the customer is complaining because you did not deliver the required services.

Really, the customer is paying you to solve issues.  In most cases, the customer is complaining because you did not deliver the required services.

Not really sure if i agree with this statement. A lot of times the person taking care of you may not be able to gp " further up the chain". 

7 hours ago, Illiterate said:

Anymore it seems people just like to whine about  something. Some just want a discount or a free meal, others feel the need to complain about something. That being said I've been to a few food businesses lately and the workers just don't seem interested to be there. On their phone, just not concentrated on their job etc. They think they deserve $15+ an hour but fail to even put fourth a current minimum wage effert. The current work force situation is really sad. I guess the everyone should get an award mentality has circled back to bite us in the @$$.

13 hours ago, Illiterate said:

I am going to disagree.  I did customer service for well over 20 years.  In the past 2 years the level of entitlement went through the roof.  People became downright rude, demanding, and completely unreasonable when the pandemic hit.  There were a few before that, that rose to that level, but in the past 2 years it skyrocketed.  People don't pay you to solve their problems.  Your employer pays you to provide a service to their customers.  The customer pays your employer for a specified service.  For example, a customer pays for a hotel room.  The employee is paid to provide the service of making that guest feel at home.  The employee is not paid to be yelled at for enforcing their employer's policy of no pets just because entitled Jane can't leave pet pooky at home and feels that the hotel MUST allow her PET in the room with her.  What issue is the employee being paid to solve?  Poor planning on the customer's part?  I don't think so.  Restaurant employees getting yelled at and berated for following Governor's orders (even idiotic ones), such as no drink without food.  They aren't being paid to solve a problem that is not their's nor the customer's.  In most cases in the last 2 years, the customer is complaining because they want they the world on a silver platter, to their specifications, and damn it and everyone else all to hell if they don't get their way.

On 8/11/2021 at 8:28 PM, Titan said:

I understand what you're saying, but why would Sears be okay with you using their cart in their competitors stores?   The Mall itself would have to provide them which they can't afford and would drive up liability costs. Furthermore the mall isn't responsible for sales in their leased spaces.  Some stores are small and have no room for cart use which would lead to issues with their customers.

You have Walmart carts to lean on while shopping.  They don't have to share the cart with other stores.  That's their business model.   I assure you if Walmart were connected to the mall they would prosecute for theft if customers took their carts into the mall.

None of the stores had their own carts then.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:45 PM, WMJ77 said:

THE DINER IS ALSO CLOSED....they have great turnout, great location....whats up with them....franks has been in business as long as I've been alive.....I think they know what to do....3/4 of the mall must suck to work for...maybe its our gov telling people not to go anywhere, and paying people 3x what they were making to stay at home....fear that if you go to anyplace where another person is or could be there, you might die . How much are you willing to pay for pizza, a big mac, whopper, tacos.....because if you dont care then they can pay their people more money and make you pay for it...but they might lose more customers if they do that....how often do you buy from them or any fastfood place....lets discuss....kids dont want to work, school is coming fast, vaca are winding down.....people also need to quit worrying about delivery and get off your butt, get in your car and go get it if you want it, that is unless you are afraid of covid

The Diner just announced they are closing indefinitely.....:Sad_014:

Hopefully another owner will be able to get something good going in there.  It was good in the beginning, but went straight downhill after that.  We miss having it open, but too many problems to trust getting a proper meal in there again. We loved going there for liver.

• 4 weeks later...