Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES

Flag on Main Street


Recommended Posts

Assuming it's down, cause I almost wrecked my car  when I saw it. Unavoidable.  F*** Joe Biden.  Huge flag,  Covered half the porch, not on a pole     What it said had nothing to do with politics to me.  Just disgusting to see that on Main Street America.  Our Main Street.  Such lack of respect for our children and just about everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hang mine proudly. I didn't vote for him nor do i care for him. The best part is I have the freedom to hang it. Now I do respect the people coming down the big hill because of the private school up the road and they don't need to see it but if ur looking in my garage window and can read backwards will driving then you have your nose to far into others business. Just as others have there hate Trump signs and there Biden will rise signs. I see them but they don't bother me because they have the same rights as I do to have whatever they want on their own property. I do however have a flag hanging in the window that honors all the service men and woman and police fire emt and border patrol. I don't see a problem with that one either but it is more respectful to others 

16278650417655760387189165140366.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

While I certainly don’t condone the language and I consider it disrespectful ( and no I am not a Biden supporter), supposedly we still live in a “free” country with a Freedom of Speech amendment. I think local ordinances would have to be enacted to do something about it and then that amendment would come into play. I’ve always been offended by the Confederate flags I see, especially in our area, but I just form my own opinion of the person who has it up and ignore it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cohen v California answers this:

Cohen v. California, 403 U.S. 15, was a landmark decision of the US Supreme Court holding that the First Amendment prevented the conviction of Paul Robert Cohen for the crime of disturbing the peace by wearing a jacket displaying "**** the Draft" in the public corridors of a California courthouse

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Paperboy said:

While I certainly don’t condone the language and I consider it disrespectful ( and no I am not a Biden supporter), supposedly we still live in a “free” country with a Freedom of Speech amendment. I think local ordinances would have to be enacted to do something about it and then that amendment would come into play. I’ve always been offended by the Confederate flags I see, especially in our area, but I just form my own opinion of the person who has it up and ignore it.

I can agree with you somewhat and yes Freedom of speech is very necessary.  But I also feel respect for our elders, children and city is necessary

Link to post
Share on other sites

mollycan - I agree with you on the respect aspect but I am afraid that word has gone out of style. When I can’t go to any public place and not hear the F word tossed around indiscriminately, I wonder what is being taught at home. It is not just the adults. I have heard it out of every age. The younger they are, the more parents laugh at it. Sad.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's sad is the decline of our once great nation. The bleeding heart liberals have taken so much from us already! Time outs, no responsibility for our actions, letting criminals back on the streets....because their crime wasn't that bad, participation trophies so no one feels bad. Biden sucks as the leader of the free World! Sorry someone feels that way. We see worse than that on television on a daily basis. It's time some of the ❄'s pull their heads out and help get this country back on it's feet before it's too late.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first time I saw one of these offending flags was last year in a quaint little town outside of Williamsport. The yards had all the usual election signs for local & presidential. All of a sudden this one house stood out with flags hanging from the balcony “F**K TRUMP” on each end. I was floored!! (My cousin missed seeing them because she was trying to get us back on I-80.)

I don’t like seeing flags with any president’s name on it with f**k first. It’s so disrespectful & to me childish. :no:

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mollycan said:

Assuming it's down, cause I almost wrecked my car  when I saw it. Unavoidable.  F*** Joe Biden.  Huge flag,  Covered half the porch, not on a pole     What it said had nothing to do with politics to me.  Just disgusting to see that on Main Street America.  Our Main Street.  Such lack of respect for our children and just about everyone.

Ive seen them in other local towns. I agree with you even though Im not a big fan of his. But last Summer in suburbs and cities their were many signs of this type on their streets  not targeting Biden. This is what America has turned into.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lyndsey33 said:

Though I would never have a sign like that, the person pays to live at that property so also has the right to put up what they want. I personally think all political signs are tacky to have in yards but to each their own. Just have to ignore it.

Exactly.  I can't imagine caring enough about any politician to hang a flag from my house with that's politician's name, let alone flag with F*CK Biden.  I do support freedom of speech, even when I find the speech ridiculous, childish, and in very poor taste.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

We really need to understand  if BLM is ok, LBGT is ok, the the confederate flag should also be ok, proud boys....etc. You can't ok one without ok-ing the others. If this is someone's opinion  but not yours I guess it would be best to ignore it. If we are to be tolerant of one we need to be tolerant of all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gold Brick said:

We really need to understand  if BLM is ok, LBGT is ok, the the confederate flag should also be ok, proud boys....etc. You can't ok one without ok-ing the others. If this is someone's opinion  but not yours I guess it would be best to ignore it. If we are to be tolerant of one we need to be tolerant of all.

EXCELLENT Post.  The 1st Amendment either protects everybody or nobody. But dont ask the ACLU who is supposed to protect it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...