GoDuBois.com

Pet peeve drivers in parking lots

Sitting here at Walmart yea I know but my wife wanted to go. 

Anyway watching these idiots driving through this parking lot. I have almost seen two wrecks because the idiots drive across the aisles.

Drive up and down the aisles morons. Driving across all the parking spaces and aisles is just asking for trouble. 

Also slow the heck down everyone. They seem to think they are still on the main roads and can drive 45 or 50 in the parking lot

Theres goes another one. *SHEESH*

There are many who do drive slow but there is always one or two (ok maybe dozens who dont)

So if your out and about and driving through a parking lot watch out for these dumbasses.

The drivers going across the aisles i call cross country drivers can cause a serious accident.  If I am going on marked up aisle and you are coming down the up aisle, you will have to decide how you are going to get by me because I am going up the center so there is room for people to walk between my car and the parked cars.

Mine is handicapped parking spaces. People using them with out placards or license plates. The worse are Amish taxi drivers with placards that park in the spots then sit in their trucks while the dutchies shop. Aldi's is the worse. Meanwhile the people with canes ,walkers and wheelchairs that need the spaces have to walk from some where out in the parking lot  They use them for the convenice of the Amish rather than them self. The taxi drivers should be fined and their placards taken away.

3 hours ago, DLE1950 said:

Mine is handicapped parking spaces. People using them with out placards or license plates. The worse are Amish taxi drivers with placards that park in the spots then sit in their trucks while the dutchies shop. Aldi's is the worse. Meanwhile the people with canes ,walkers and wheelchairs that need the spaces have to walk from some where out in the parking lot  They use them for the convenice of the Amish rather than them self. The taxi drivers should be fined and their placards taken away.

If the driver him/herself does not get out with them, then they are NOT permitted to park there.  Most of them do not have a license/insurance to drive them anyway.  Sounds like a situation where a policeman might wait for the right time and just collect a couple of tickets at one time.  It would also make the Amish safer anyway.  Their drivers are notoriously bad drivers and this is one of the proofs.  

I use Handicapped Parking because of my knees and hips, and the time spent on my feet in Walmart.  By the time I'm leaving, I'm usually in pain and need to sit down asap.  In the winter, it makes the trip across the parking lot safer.  A fall can mean a stay in a Nursing Home, and that the caregivers don't want to deal with.  I need that space closer to the store.  Then I see a portly van driver, collecting a fat fee, hanging out the window of his rusting out van, endangering lovely peaceful people,  and the thoughts in my mind would shame a goat!!

I usually wait till I see someone packed up and taking their cart back to the corral, put on my Hazard Lights, pull way over to the side so others can pass, and then take the space when they leave.  Many times a car has come down going the wrong direction, and then the fun begins.  I refuse to move and let the dumb driver figure out the next move.  It isn't pretty and I wave as they go by.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning after getting gas at Brockway Sheetz pulled away from pump 8 and headed towards Phoenix Metals on Rt.219 next thing a burgundy colored pickup shot out from between 2 pumps at about NASCAR pit road speed from Brockway Drug side to parking spot in front of store. Lucky I only go less than 10 MPH or there would have been a serious crash in parking lot. Still had to slam on brakes missed coming together by a foot and a half.  Just gave me a look like what was I doing. What would have happened if customer had started to walk towards store.  Rant Over !