Jump to content
GoDuBois.com

Mask Protest - DuBois


Cacao
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone witness this morning's mask protest?  Was it well attended?  I saw on Pittsburgh news, there were a few planned down that way too.

As everyone knows, I am against masking ANYWHERE.  However, it is dumb to blame the DASD for this mandate.  Their anger needs to fall at the feet of Gov. Wolf & his Department of Health.  

https://www.thecourierexpress.com/coronavirus/dasd-parents-plan-peaceful-protest-against-mask-mandate/article_d321c609-e4e0-58dc-9fca-e2f53d4de6e0.html?fbclid=IwAR3SmtixyJG5xPYToePqKJj_xm_2eeI1ERpj2zl8rLpcE-WbcVFZcFg8yto

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mollycan said:

I'm sorry, I don't see the problem with the mask wearing. Explanation?

Me either.  The problem I have is forcing everyone to wear them...especially when we know they wearing one is just as effective as not wearing one.  I have the same gripe about the vaccine.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are all entitled to our opinions and I do respect that.  I have to respectfully disagree with you about the vaccine and to a certain extent the mask wearing.  I do beleive the vaccine has made a  difference as seen in the numbers.  The masks, I say just wear them.  It's not such a terrible request that may save a life.  Reminds me of the no smoking law in business's,  even now, out side at beaches. Parks etc.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mollycan said:

We are all entitled to our opinions and I do respect that.  I have to respectfully disagree with you about the vaccine and to a certain extent the mask wearing.  I do beleive the vaccine has made a  difference as seen in the numbers.  The masks, I say just wear them.  It's not such a terrible request that may save a life.  Reminds me of the no smoking law in business's,  even now, out side at beaches. Parks etc.  

 

Disagreeing is awesome, I welcome that, and I am eligible for persuasion...but that requires facts, proven facts.  What I don't welcome is forcing one side or the other.  Especially, when the ACTUAL science leans in the direction of masks being ineffective.  I've posted many time the scientific studies, you can read them for yourself.  

Show me proof that a mask saved 1 life.  Furthermore, show me proof where an unvaccinated person took another life.

"Numbers"?  Exactly which numbers?

Hey did you know that the covid vaccines alter the proteins of your heart cells (blood vessels) linking them directly to myocarditis and other heart damage (scientific study linked below)  Cool, right?  But we've all heard that the "Vaccines are safe..."  Nothing safer than heart problems.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciab465/6279075

Link to comment
Share on other sites

South America, Where Lambda and Mu Variants Broke Out, Sees COVID Cases Plummet

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

Disagreeing is awesome, I welcome that, and I am eligible for persuasion...but that requires facts, proven facts.  What I don't welcome is forcing one side or the other.  Especially, when the ACTUAL science leans in the direction of masks being ineffective.  I've posted many time the scientific studies, you can read them for yourself.  

Show me proof that a mask saved 1 life.  Furthermore, show me proof where an unvaccinated person took another life.

"Numbers"?  Exactly which numbers?

Hey did you know that the covid vaccines alter the proteins of your heart cells (blood vessels) linking them directly to myocarditis and other heart damage (scientific study linked below)  Cool, right?  But we've all heard that the "Vaccines are safe..."  Nothing safer than heart problems.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciab465/6279075

I could say, show me proof that a mask did not save a life or an unvaccinated person did not pass the virus to someone else.It is all debatable, I suppose.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, mollycan said:

I could say, show me proof that a mask did not save a life or an unvaccinated person did not pass the virus to someone else.It is all debatable, I suppose.

 

Well, this scientific study says that you have equal chance to pass the virus wearing a mask as opposed to not wearing a mask.  https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817  As you can see, the chances of stopping the virus is less than 15%....so the odds in the favor of, "the mask did not save a life."

Vaccinated or unvaccinated, the virus can pass to anyone and everyone.  I'm sure by now it already has...at least twice.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

India had almost 100% mask compliances last year and it did nothing to stop the next wave of Covid they experienced. 

New Zealand, Australia, Vietnam, South Korea, etc.  In most cases, totalitarian style mask laws....cases were found and moved up/down like anywhere else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

Well, this scientific study says that you have equal chance to pass the virus wearing a mask as opposed to not wearing a mask.  https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817  As you can see, the chances of stopping the virus is less than 15%....so the odds in the favor of, "the mask did not save a life."

Vaccinated or unvaccinated, the virus can pass to anyone and everyone.  I'm sure by now it already has...at least twice.  

This scientific study states that masks stop the spread of the disease.  We can find whatever evidence we want to find, especially on the internet.  

 

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, L8RG8R said:

This scientific study states that masks stop the spread of the disease.  We can find whatever evidence we want to find, especially on the internet.  

 

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

 

 

The link you attached is not a scientific study and it's loaded with opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cacao said:

The link you attached is not a scientific study and it's loaded with opinion.

"One category of evidence comes from laboratory studies of respiratory droplets and the ability of various masks to block them. An experiment using high-speed video found that hundreds of droplets ranging from 20 to 500 micrometers were generated when saying a simple phrase, but that nearly all these droplets were blocked when the mouth was covered by a damp washcloth. Another study of people who had influenza or the common cold found that wearing a surgical mask significantly reduced the amount of these respiratory viruses emitted in droplets and aerosols."

 

Straight from the article, apparently it's all opinionated studies.  Must have been fake tests.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, L8RG8R said:

"One category of evidence comes from laboratory studies of respiratory droplets and the ability of various masks to block them. An experiment using high-speed video found that hundreds of droplets ranging from 20 to 500 micrometers were generated when saying a simple phrase, but that nearly all these droplets were blocked when the mouth was covered by a damp washcloth. Another study of people who had influenza or the common cold found that wearing a surgical mask significantly reduced the amount of these respiratory viruses emitted in droplets and aerosols."

 

Straight from the article, apparently it's all opinionated studies.  Must have been fake tests.

An uncontrolled "experiment" that shows the amount of spit droplets at 75mm (3 inches)...who gets that close to people?...and a study funded & completed by the Chinese...seems trustworthy.  So far, the truth has pointed back to the studies that are not funded by political groups or a government that started all of this.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cacao said:

Sooooo, I assume there were no protest?  I haven't heard news that it actually happened.  Just curious on the turnout and it's reception.

Dont know probably 1 in every town...Think I saw 1 in Johnstown or Altoona.  Good "disagreement "  today.  No name calling or verbal slamming, just a difference of opinion from a small group of people.  And it will continue to go on. Just think the mask mandate is not such a bad thing...it should even keep colds and flu at a minimum.  Too bad the kids are in the middle of it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

Sooooo, I assume there were no protest?  I haven't heard news that it actually happened.  Just curious on the turnout and it's reception.

I just drove down the bully and saw about 10-15 people protesting.  My question has been answered...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mollycan said:

We are all entitled to our opinions and I do respect that.  I have to respectfully disagree with you about the vaccine and to a certain extent the mask wearing.  I do beleive the vaccine has made a  difference as seen in the numbers.  The masks, I say just wear them.  It's not such a terrible request that may save a life.  Reminds me of the no smoking law in business's,  even now, out side at beaches. Parks etc.  

 

Masks do not work as intended, never has and never will. 

Wear a mask for the rest of your life if it makes you happy. 

Please don't imply that others should do what you do.

Question, just what criteria and who from, will you use to remove your mask?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Then look at how tight people's masks are.

Then look at those with facial hair sticking out of their masks.

Look at those wearing their handkerchiefs as a mask.

Once again, it's all about compliance. 

The Liberals used the mask deal and the virus to bring down Trump.  It worked on the stupid people.

Now the fools has to continue the lie that masks work or admit they were wrong and still are.

Americans know the truth. Liberal puppets will not admit they were/are wrong and their MSM is protecting and promoting their lies 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, L8RG8R said:

"One category of evidence comes from laboratory studies of respiratory droplets and the ability of various masks to block them. An experiment using high-speed video found that hundreds of droplets ranging from 20 to 500 micrometers were generated when saying a simple phrase, but that nearly all these droplets were blocked when the mouth was covered by a damp washcloth. Another study of people who had influenza or the common cold found that wearing a surgical mask significantly reduced the amount of these respiratory viruses emitted in droplets and aerosols."

 

Straight from the article, apparently it's all opinionated studies.  Must have been fake tests.

The referencing of studies or experiments within an opinionated article do not make it a scientific study.  A peer reviewed article published to a scientific journal is a scientific study.

Yes, experiments and studies are opinionated studies.  For it to be a scientific study you need a hypothesis, a controlled study, the results of the study, and a conclusion as to whether the hypothesis was proven or unproven.  That is what makes it a reliable scientific study.  Those are what get published and those are what should be used to back your opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, allboys said:

The referencing of studies or experiments within an opinionated article do not make it a scientific study.  A peer reviewed article published to a scientific journal is a scientific study.

Yes, experiments and studies are opinionated studies.  For it to be a scientific study you need a hypothesis, a controlled study, the results of the study, and a conclusion as to whether the hypothesis was proven or unproven.  That is what makes it a reliable scientific study.  Those are what get published and those are what should be used to back your opinion.

My whole point is you can find your "studies" that will appease your beliefs.  A simple Google search gives you tons of "scientific studies" that defend either argument.  And yes, these studies were published and include all the proper steps in order to be considered a "study". To say that, am I on one side or the other?  I am probably on the anti-mask end, however I will follow the rules if it means keeping my loved ones safe and alive.  As for protests on the boulevard, I think there absolutely garbage.  They are doing nothing but causing a distraction for the education of the students.  The school administrations across the state did not decide to pass along this mandate, they are just following the rules as well.  What really makes me happy is all of the people that complain about Biden were all out enjoying a free day on Biden Bucks.  Money well spent!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...