Jump to content
GoDuBois.com

Mask Protest - DuBois


Cacao
 Share

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, L8RG8R said:

 As for protests on the boulevard, I think there absolutely garbage.  They are doing nothing but causing a distraction for the education of the students.  The school administrations across the state did not decide to pass along this mandate, they are just following the rules as well.  What really makes me happy is all of the people that complain about Biden were all out enjoying a free day on Biden Bucks.  Money well spent!!

You're entitled to your opinion.  I think masks are a distraction that serve no real purpose.  I later learned that I knew several protesters and no a single one is "on Biden Bucks".  

I also learned that Elk County Catholic schools are not following the mask mandate.  I commend them for the courage to stand up against the state government and the bishop of the Erie diocese.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cacao said:

You're entitled to your opinion.  I think masks are a distraction that serve no real purpose.  I later learned that I knew several protesters and no a single one is "on Biden Bucks".  

I also learned that Elk County Catholic schools are not following the mask mandate.  I commend them for the courage to stand up against the state government and the bishop of the Erie diocese.  

Either is DuBois Christian Academy.  They do not have the risk of losing state funding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, L8RG8R said:

My whole point is you can find your "studies" that will appease your beliefs.  A simple Google search gives you tons of "scientific studies" that defend either argument.  And yes, these studies were published and include all the proper steps in order to be considered a "study". To say that, am I on one side or the other?  I am probably on the anti-mask end, however I will follow the rules if it means keeping my loved ones safe and alive.  As for protests on the boulevard, I think there absolutely garbage.  They are doing nothing but causing a distraction for the education of the students.  The school administrations across the state did not decide to pass along this mandate, they are just following the rules as well.  What really makes me happy is all of the people that complain about Biden were all out enjoying a free day on Biden Bucks.  Money well spent!!

Your point exactly?  That is why studies are conducted and published...to back a hypothesis or opinion and are used as evidence based research.

They also lead to more research.  I don't care what side anyone is on...I'm on the side of freedom.  You want to wear a mask, wear one.  You don't want to, don't.  However, quit dictating that everyone has to follow your way. (general you, not specific)

Wolf claims that it is the those that are against masks that bullied others and caused this mandate to happen.  Yet, he is doing the bullying and doesn't see the hypocrisy of it.

If there were proof positive 100% that "following the rules" kept anyone safe and alive that would be well and good.  There is zero evidence that the mandates did that, or anything at all.  I don't care what study you pick up, you won't find proof positive it did that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, old3dogg said:

Oh. One more thing. Forcing children to wear masks is nothing more than child abuse. 

You are a monster if you feel otherwise.

I'm off for some French toast and bacon. 

So you're telling me that having a child wear a mask is the same as getting beat to a bloody pulp with a belt?  Not being fed? Not being cleaned properly?  I would go out on a limb here and say that any child that was truly abused would love to wear a mask over taking beatings.  But, maybe I'm wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, L8RG8R said:

So you're telling me that having a child wear a mask is the same as getting beat to a bloody pulp with a belt?  Not being fed? Not being cleaned properly?  I would go out on a limb here and say that any child that was truly abused would love to wear a mask over taking beatings.  But, maybe I'm wrong.

Both induce fear and mistrust in adults.   In an either or situation you're correct.  I'm guessing you would understand that child abuse can be achieved by applying multiple methods of fear inducing tactics.   

But maybe I'm wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Titan said:

Both induce fear and mistrust in adults.   In an either or situation you're correct.  I'm guessing you would understand that child abuse can be achieved by applying multiple methods of fear inducing tactics.   

But maybe I'm wrong.

A child only fears wearing a mask if an adult instills that fear in them.  

Equating mask wearing to child abuse is just plain disgusting.  A child that is abused has no choice in suffering the abuse.  An adult/child have a choice in wearing a mask.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

A child only fears wearing a mask if an adult instills that fear in them.  

Equating mask wearing to child abuse is just plain disgusting.  A child that is abused has no choice in suffering the abuse.  An adult/child have a choice in wearing a mask.  

I agree with a lot of this.  However, a child can become fearful, maybe "highly anxious" is a better phrase, on their own from not knowing how their friends/teachers look because their face is covered.  It's confusing for youngsters to normally see people, then one day only from their eyes up. 

What children/adults both experience is that it's not a good feeling to suck your own breath for long periods of time.  A teacher friend said she was maskless for 2 weeks and felt good after school.  Now, she comes home and feels exhausted and a little sick to her stomach.  Takes 2 hours to perk up.  Had the same issue last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Cacao said:

I agree with a lot of this.  However, a child can become fearful, maybe "highly anxious" is a better phrase, on their own from not knowing how their friends/teachers look because their face is covered.  It's confusing for youngsters to normally see people, then one day only from their eyes up. 

What children/adults both experience is that it's not a good feeling to suck your own breath for long periods of time.  A teacher friend said she was maskless for 2 weeks and felt good after school.  Now, she comes home and feels exhausted and a little sick to her stomach.  Takes 2 hours to perk up.  Had the same issue last year.

I agree that masks can increase anxiety for kiddos, especially little ones.  That's where grown-ups come in and help quell the anxiety, not feed it.  

 I have kids and a teacher husband.  They all experience similar "mask fatigue" symptoms.  Yet none feel that they are abused because they have to wear a mask.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Zilch1 said:

Did you notice that ILLEGAL ALIENS are exempt from all covid mandates even though Biden is shipping infected illegals that he allowed in all over the country including Pa. This mandate thing is a smoke screen to get our attention off Afghanistan. This POS needs to be impeached.

I did not see that! How nice of Biden to bring these possibly infected people into our Country who, lets be honest, may have hidden agendas for coming here 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Gold Brick said:

FB_IMG_1631291378858.jpg

I suppose if we wanted to be totally free of government interference in our health and safety, we could do away with workplace rules, sewage systems, water treatment, all inspections of restaurants, healthcare facilities, etc, snow and ice removal from highways and roads, flood control projects, and well as a myriad of other methods of government interference and control in our health and safety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Illiterate said:

I suppose if we wanted to be totally free of government interference in our health and safety, we could do away with workplace rules, sewage systems, water treatment, all inspections of restaurants, healthcare facilities, etc, snow and ice removal from highways and roads, flood control projects, and well as a myriad of other methods of government interference and control in our health and safety.

Not really. We just want good reasons for the interference.

Forcing masks and drugs on citizens that don't do what they are supposed to do is not good interference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, fedup said:

Not really. We just want good reasons for the interference.

Forcing masks and drugs on citizens that don't do what they are supposed to do is not good interference.

Nobody wants government interference until they do.   However, people are apt to make blanket statements without really thinking about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/10/2021 at 9:06 AM, Cacao said:

I agree with a lot of this.  However, a child can become fearful, maybe "highly anxious" is a better phrase, on their own from not knowing how their friends/teachers look because their face is covered.  It's confusing for youngsters to normally see people, then one day only from their eyes up. 

What children/adults both experience is that it's not a good feeling to suck your own breath for long periods of time.  A teacher friend said she was maskless for 2 weeks and felt good after school.  Now, she comes home and feels exhausted and a little sick to her stomach.  Takes 2 hours to perk up.  Had the same issue last year.

I know a lot of nurses, docs, and other assorted healthcare type workers who, even before COVID, would spend 8hrs or more wearing masks every day as a requirement of their jobs.  Never heard anyone one of them complain about having to wear it or it making them 'weak'.  I know a few miners and other dirty job people that wear masks and respirators during their jobs without issues.  Sure, it feels good to take the stuff off, but never ever heard the excuses people make now for wearing a mask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Illiterate said:

I know a lot of nurses, docs, and other assorted healthcare type workers who, even before COVID, would spend 8hrs or more wearing masks every day as a requirement of their jobs.  Never heard anyone one of them complain about having to wear it or it making them 'weak'.  I know a few miners and other dirty job people that wear masks and respirators during their jobs without issues.  Sure, it feels good to take the stuff off, but never ever heard the excuses people make now for wearing a mask.

Forcing mask use was bad enough, but forcing people to be vaccinated in order to keep their livelihoods is unconstitutional.   Who's to say what will be forced on people next when his "patience wears thin" on other issues.

This is why Trump will win in 2024 for certain even against the fix they'll attempt.

All democrats should be ashamed of themselves and feel pretty dirty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Titan said:

Forcing mask use was bad enough, but forcing people to be vaccinated in order to keep their livelihoods is unconstitutional.   Who's to say what will be forced on people next when his "patience wears thin" on other issues.

This is why Trump will win in 2024 for certain even against the fix they'll attempt.

All democrats should be ashamed of themselves and feel pretty dirty.

Actually, it is legal for a private workplace to mandate vaccines for staff and terminate them for refusing, as long an exemption for medical or religious beliefs is available.  Heck, I can not hire you if I see you wearing a Browns jersey on your social media page.  A private company can also freely refuse to serve unvaccinated customers.

At the Federal level, they pretty much can make their own rules for employment.

Whether the Fed can enact a mandate to private businesses using OSHA as a backdoor will be interesting to see.  Legal challenges will abound.  Threats of withholding payments and/or contracts is another way of coercion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...