GoDuBois.com

Mask Protest - DuBois

On 9/10/2021 at 8:43 AM, MIM307 said:

A child only fears wearing a mask if an adult instills that fear in them.  

Equating mask wearing to child abuse is just plain disgusting.  A child that is abused has no choice in suffering the abuse.  An adult/child have a choice in wearing a mask.  

I wonder about the child that questioned his mother about why he had to wear a mask and others around him were not.  His mother told him "those are the people that are going to die"  

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you notice that ILLEGAL ALIENS are exempt from all covid mandates even though Biden is shipping infected illegals that he allowed in all over the country including Pa. This mandate thing is a smok

I'm on a honeymoon trip in Drum Point Maryland. Hell. There sure isn't any pandemic down here. People need to really turn off the news and social media and go out and live a little.

Anyone witness this morning's mask protest?  Was it well attended?  I saw on Pittsburgh news, there were a few planned down that way too. As everyone knows, I am against masking ANYWHERE.  Howeve

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, Illiterate said:

Actually, it is legal for a private workplace to mandate vaccines for staff and terminate them for refusing, as long an exemption for medical or religious beliefs is available.  Heck, I can not hire you if I see you wearing a Browns jersey on your social media page.  A private company can also freely refuse to serve unvaccinated customers.

At the Federal level, they pretty much can make their own rules for employment.

Whether the Fed can enact a mandate to private businesses using OSHA as a backdoor will be interesting to see.  Legal challenges will abound.  Threats of withholding payments and/or contracts is another way of coercion. 

Threats of coercion or withholding payments.

Yeah .... This brings America together.

The left is playing dirty and deserves to be labeled dirty.

Illegal aliens just walk in and aren't ordered to be jabbed, but hard working Americans are threatened to do as told to their body.

Freedom of choice is learly limited to killing growing babies.

2 hours ago, Illiterate said:

I know a lot of nurses, docs, and other assorted healthcare type workers who, even before COVID, would spend 8hrs or more wearing masks every day as a requirement of their jobs.  Never heard anyone one of them complain about having to wear it or it making them 'weak'.  I know a few miners and other dirty job people that wear masks and respirators during their jobs without issues.  Sure, it feels good to take the stuff off, but never ever heard the excuses people make now for wearing a mask.

No excuse, just facts.

Wearing a mask does not stop the transfer of the virus.

Do a little research. How many healthcare workers have come down with the virus? How many healthcare workers have died from the virus?

Don't forget, the healthcare workers are most likely wearing top of the line masks, not handkerchiefs covering a full beard.

Stop and think, if your voted for government and it's lying experts really cared about your health, they would be requiring you to wear the correct masks.

They also would be telling men to shave their beards.

If you work for a company that requires their employees to wear a Scott Airpack you would not be allowed to have facial hair. Most likely, every male in the company would not be allowed to have facial hair even if they never had to use a Scott Airpack.

Look around and wake the hell up. Any one wearing something on their face like good little Liberal puppets is ok. They can move about this country at will. Stupid people see the mask and say's OK.

It's all about compliance people, it's all about compliance.

It has absolutely nothing to do with stopping the virus.

Your voted for government and it's helpers, lies to you every minute.

2 hours ago, Illiterate said:

Actually, it is legal for a private workplace to mandate vaccines for staff and terminate them for refusing, as long an exemption for medical or religious beliefs is available.  Heck, I can not hire you if I see you wearing a Browns jersey on your social media page.  A private company can also freely refuse to serve unvaccinated customers.

At the Federal level, they pretty much can make their own rules for employment.

Whether the Fed can enact a mandate to private businesses using OSHA as a backdoor will be interesting to see.  Legal challenges will abound.  Threats of withholding payments and/or contracts is another way of coercion. 

So what happens if I'm already hired, a good employee for 20 years and decide to put on the Browns jersey? A little late now. I've been here, worked same job for 20 years.....now you want to change the rules and I have to lay down and except it?

10 minutes ago, Gold Brick said:

So what happens if I'm already hired, a good employee for 20 years and decide to put on the Browns jersey? A little late now. I've been here, worked same job for 20 years.....now you want to change the rules and I have to lay down and except it?

TA DAH.

2 hours ago, allboys said:

I wonder about the child that questioned his mother about why he had to wear a mask and others around him were not.  His mother told him "those are the people that are going to die"  

Exactly my point.  A child is not fearful unless an adult makes them fearful.  Now the child in your example feels fear and anxiety that his unmasked friends, family etc are going to die. Adults need to act like adults.

1 hour ago, MIM307 said:

Exactly my point.  A child is not fearful unless an adult makes them fearful.  Now the child in your example feels fear and anxiety that his unmasked friends, family etc are going to die. Adults need to act like adults.

GOOD GRIEF.

A child has the natural ability to fear.  It does not need a parent to fear something.

7 hours ago, Illiterate said:

I know a lot of nurses, docs, and other assorted healthcare type workers who, even before COVID, would spend 8hrs or more wearing masks every day as a requirement of their jobs.  Never heard anyone one of them complain about having to wear it or it making them 'weak'.  I know a few miners and other dirty job people that wear masks and respirators during their jobs without issues.  Sure, it feels good to take the stuff off, but never ever heard the excuses people make now for wearing a mask.

Please consider that these people wear masks as a part of their occupations. They get paid to do those jobs. The masks are like work boots, bullet proof vests or uniforms. The people who wear them for their jobs do not wear them for church, the theater or what have you. They wear them willingly so they can safely do the jobs that they are paid to do. How do you equate that with healthy people being forced to wear masks to go about their daily business if they do not wish to wear them? They should not need an excuse. Let us apply the principle that you are innocent until proven guilty. You should not have to prove you are virus free to go about your business maskless. You should have to be proved to be contaminated before you are isolated or forced to wear a mask. What would happen if we applied the same rules to those who were HIV positive? It would hit the fan wouldn't it? 

2 hours ago, fedup said:

GOOD GRIEF.

A child has the natural ability to fear.  It does not need a parent to fear something.

A child has many irrational fears.  My one kid was terrified of a monster in her closet. My job as the parent was to teach her monsters aren't in her closet. Parents should calm fears, not feed them. Good grief. Does that really need to be said over and over and over???

6 hours ago, Gold Brick said:

The point is, if you work at a private employer, you are mostly likely considered to be an at-will employee, which means they can dismiss you for just about any reason as long as as it is not considered discrimination or violate ADA laws.

3 hours ago, lavender said:

Please consider that these people wear masks as a part of their occupations. They get paid to do those jobs. The masks are like work boots, bullet proof vests or uniforms. The people who wear them for their jobs do not wear them for church, the theater or what have you. They wear them willingly so they can safely do the jobs that they are paid to do. How do you equate that with healthy people being forced to wear masks to go about their daily business if they do not wish to wear them? They should not need an excuse. Let us apply the principle that you are innocent until proven guilty. You should not have to prove you are virus free to go about your business maskless. You should have to be proved to be contaminated before you are isolated or forced to wear a mask. What would happen if we applied the same rules to those who were HIV positive? It would hit the fan wouldn't it? 

I was addressing the fact that many people do wear masks on a regular basis without suffering ill effects, feeling weak, needing recovery time, etc.  If you do not wish to wear a mask, then don't wear one.  Stop inventing bogus excuses why you can't wear one.  If your employer mandates you wear one, either wear it or quit.

22 hours ago, Illiterate said:

I know a lot of nurses, docs, and other assorted healthcare type workers who, even before COVID, would spend 8hrs or more wearing masks every day as a requirement of their jobs.  Never heard anyone one of them complain about having to wear it or it making them 'weak'. 

Listen closer.  I have heard the opposite from the same professionals.  I am told they will slip into an unused space and remove their masks for several minutes often thought their day.  I dunno, some people are not bothered and others are.  My point is that it's unnatural and should be optional.

1 hour ago, Cacao said:

Listen closer.  I have heard the opposite from the same professionals.  I am told they will slip into an unused space and remove their masks for several minutes often thought their day.  I dunno, some people are not bothered and others are.  My point is that it's unnatural and should be optional.

It's also technically unnatural to wear clothes in general.  Humans are put on this earth wearing nothing.  Somehow we have evolved enough to dress ourselves each day.  

Personally, I hate the masks.  I only wear them when I have to or out of respect to those that are truly sick or scared of the virus.  Do I believe that the virus is real?  Yes, I do.  However, I also believe that the flu, a common cold, meningitis, etc. are all real as well.  The shot they are giving everyone is not a "vaccine".  It's nothing but a booster.  If it was a vaccine, the disease would be under control such as polio, chicken pox, etc.  How about this, be respectful of peoples personal space and wash your hands, it's not that hard.

Just now, Cacao said:

Yes, there are a few.  Most likely it is the ones that typically do not wear a mask.  Never said it was comfortable to have to wear one.  However, considering the large amount of staff that do wear one for extended periods and/or periodically throughout the day, the ill health affects are largely unfounded and simply bull$hit made-up excuses.

If you don't want to wear one, that's fine with me.  I really do not care.  If your workplace requires it and you lose your job, that is fine with me, too.  You make your choices and affect whatever consequences may occur.

There are, arguably, lots of unnatural things we do to our bodies.  Eyeglasses, hearing aids, piercings.  Try walking into work naked and see what happens.

I do not equate the wearing of a mask, or not, as a symbol of freedom or political affiliation.  However, if you are close enough to me that I can feel or smell or breathe, wear a mask.  My optometrist and dentist have been wearing a mask long before COVID.   If you come to my house, and I ask you to wear a mask, I expect you to comply, especially if one my elderly parents are there visiting.  If we are outside digging a ditch, no need.

My son's friend who goes to Jeff Tech has informed us that over half the school has either tested positive or is out on quarantine.  They also said that basically nobody wears a mask.  If all this is true and there are that many positives, why have we not heard about anything and how are they keeping their doors open?

On 9/13/2021 at 9:57 AM, L8RG8R said:

It's also technically unnatural to wear clothes in general.  Humans are put on this earth wearing nothing.  Somehow we have evolved enough to dress ourselves each day.  

Personally, I hate the masks.  I only wear them when I have to or out of respect to those that are truly sick or scared of the virus.  Do I believe that the virus is real?  Yes, I do.  However, I also believe that the flu, a common cold, meningitis, etc. are all real as well.  The shot they are giving everyone is not a "vaccine".  It's nothing but a booster.  If it was a vaccine, the disease would be under control such as polio, chicken pox, etc.  How about this, be respectful of peoples personal space and wash your hands, it's not that hard.

Well said.

5 hours ago, L8RG8R said:

My son's friend who goes to Jeff Tech has informed us that over half the school has either tested positive or is out on quarantine.  They also said that basically nobody wears a mask.  If all this is true and there are that many positives, why have we not heard about anything and how are they keeping their doors open?

We if half the school has it, give it to the other half and they will be good to go by Christmas. No more Covid at Jeff Tech right?

Flu shots became available in the 1930's. Large scale availability came about in 1945. Plenty of time to be judged safe for the public today. So why ain't everyone getting a flu shot every year? Could it be that they are not free? Or is a lot of people not comfy even after all these years?

Why are the Liberals demanding you to get the untested multitude of so called cures but not flu shots? 

Why are you looked upon as a killer and treated like a outcast? But Liberals without flu shots ain't?

Your being used people.

Wake the hell up.

You are being lied to every minute of every day. 

Caught a few college football games yesterday and seen a lot of packed to the rim stadiums but hardly any masks in sight. Guess this week will either have a big outbreak around these colleges or more proof the masks aren’t needed. Mind you these people were yelling/shouting a lot more than likely spitting on the person that definitely was not 6 feet from them. 

16 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Caught a few college football games yesterday and seen a lot of packed to the rim stadiums but hardly any masks in sight. Guess this week will either have a big outbreak around these colleges or more proof the masks aren’t needed. Mind you these people were yelling/shouting a lot more than likely spitting on the person that definitely was not 6 feet from them. 

Did you hear what they were shouting?

9 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

The number of Haitian illegals in Del Rio Texas has spiked from 4,000 on Wednesday to more than 14,000 on Saturday. No masks in sight!

And how many of the infected illegals been relocated to Red states vs  Blue states since slo joe and the commies took over? Just seen a article that DC has not got one illegal relocated there.