GoDuBois.com

Gas $3.59 and climbing

jaman

3.65 in Warren. 60 bucks in the tank almost daily in the work truck.

I don't like to let it go below half a tank to avoid sticker shock. 😐

On a positive note. I have yet to see a decrease in traffic. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, jaman said:

THe "Trinity" has been silent here.

Do you blame them? It is like Biden took the wheel in January and turned right over the cliff! The "Trinity" shoulders the blame for this mess our country is in today not only because they voted for it, but because they support it and won't come out and even complain one bit about it... which only shows they still support the Democratic agenda!

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

Do you blame them? It is like Biden took the wheel in January and turned right over the cliff! The "Trinity" shoulders the blame for this mess our country is in today not only because they voted for it, but because they support it and won't come out and even complain one bit about it... which only shows they still support the Democratic agenda!

I wonder how many illegals they have sponsored to take care of in their homes

PA gas prices highest on east coast

by Sarah Goolden

UserWay icon for accessibility widget
PA gas prices.jpg
PA gas prices.jpg

Wilkes-Barre, LUZERNE Co. — Consumers across the country are feeling the price increase at the pump. Especially in Pennsylvania, where AAA says prices are the highest on the east coast.

Gas prices in Pennsylvania have crossed the $3.50 threshold for the first time in seven years.

“It's like 50 cents in the last couple of weeks. That's really fast. It hurts the pocket,” said Louis Cordeiro, who thinks he will have to cut back on other bills to manage.

“I have to cut other like full payments and utility bills you know instead of paying $100 you got to pay $80 or saying with water bill you know you cut them a little bit,” said Cordeiro.

Dan McCloe is also shocked with how quickly the gas prices are soaring.

“Twenty dollars isn’t anything anymore. I can't even put a half and tank in there. Do you remember the last time you saw prices this high? Not that I can remember,” said McCloe, who adds the high prices coupled with other expenses will likely affect his traveling.

“And you're filling up and put $100 in and you’re going down the highway constantly, plus the tolls if you go down the turnpike, things like that will definitely affect traveling,” said McCloe.

According to AAA, gas prices are up by $1 per gallon from this time last year.

“The average person spending $17 more per fill up than we were this time last year. In Pennsylvania today, the gas price average is $3.55 a gallon. That's up nine cents week over week,” said Jana Tidwell, Public Affairs Manager of AAA.

The main reason for soaring gas prices, is soaring crude oil prices.

“The price of crude oil has crossed over the $80 per barrel threshold also for the first time in seven years. And when the price of crude oil goes up the price of gasoline follow suit, because 50 to 60% of a gallon of gasoline is made up of crude oil,” said Tidwell.

Experts don’t predict prices will drop anytime soon as the colder temperatures will increase the demand for gas and oil. This could make it more expensive to heat your home.

To get better gas milage make sure your tires are inflated and keep things you don’t need out of the trunk.