GoDuBois.com

Needed immediately!

Petee

The BUDS Gardeners are in immediate need of a dump truck.  Kurt Johnson purchased the property at Charlie's Alternators.  The contractor has suddenly decided that the long mound  with the trees must go TODAY!!  That wasn't the agreement but we don't want to lose the trees, rocks and landscape rocks that are involved.  I am trying to arrange everything for today but it will be very difficult.  

Does anyone have a small dump truck into which the material can be moved?  I am willing to pay for the cost.

Please contact me at 814-590-9010 as soon as possible.

Unfortunately I ended up in bed for a couple of days with COVID and am just now getting caught up with communications.

Kurt was away and wasn't immediately available for help, but once contacted, he came to our rescue!  The Contractor simply wasn't aware that the soil wasn't a waste product to be hauled away and disposed of. I don't think he realized there is "precious" dirt but now he does! :-)  We have dealt with amending that soil was placed there and it is beautiful top soil.  I am paying for the cost of moving it myself.

There should be an article in the newspaper about the entire change which is going to be very nice!  I was too sick to deal with it at that time.

I ended up working there one day before I got sick (not from the work) helping to remove the landscape rocks.  A few of the BUDS members were there also, but we're all older or working so we couldn't do the job ourselves.  

The soil was kept, moved to my house where it will be used, and materials which we can reuse are stashed along the creek for when we can reassemble our gardens wherever they end up being built again.  We intend to keep Kurt's area as beautiful as possible but without as much maintenance.  The Long Mound was very difficult to plant and maintain but we did it to help Charlie because he wanted a traffic barrier there to stop the drunks from roaring through there at night and causing damage/dumping garbage, etc.  It worked.  Things change.  Maybe for the better!

The building is being gutted for purposes of remodeling.  It will be brand new and spanking clean once Kurt has it finished, just as he has always kept his current buildings.  Charlie always said he hoped Kurt would get to buy the building, so it's all good.

An Overhead Door is being installed at the end of the building for vehicles.  Entry from the front was always difficult for Charlie because the building wasn't very deep.  To enter the new door, it was necessary to remove the Long Mound which Kurt did talk to me about, so we were prepared, but we didn't discuss absolute details such as replanting the trees and shrubs which were on the mound.  A gentleman is going to come and get them at his own expense.  The shed and deck will be rebuilt in the same place.  The Creekside will be refurbished and remain a pollinator garden for Monarchs, other butterflies and birds.  There will also be a small sitting area beside it for walkers to enjoy a rest as they have in the past.  Kurt has always assured us that he wants to help in any way possible, and he ha.  We look forward to growing with him as time goes by.

The mural will be covered with siding, but was going to need some serious refurbishing anyway as the surface it was painted on was failing.  More artwork will be added at some point in the future. Most of all, we will miss the memory of John DuBois's horses which died at the location when that building burned down many years ago.  

Look for great changes as the property is redeveloped.  Kurt will make it even more useful and a sharp looking building to boot!  I know Charlie would approve!

54 minutes ago, Petee said:

The building is being gutted for purposes of remodeling.  It will be brand new and spanking clean once Kurt has it finished, just as he has always kept his current buildings.  Charlie always said he hoped Kurt would get to buy the building, so it's all good.

An Overhead Door is being installed at the end of the building for vehicles.  Entry from the front was always difficult for Charlie because the building wasn't very deep.  To enter the new door, it was necessary to remove the Long Mound which Kurt did talk to me about, so we were prepared, but we didn't discuss absolute details such as replanting the trees and shrubs which were on the mound.  A gentleman is going to come and get them at his own expense.  The shed and deck will be rebuilt in the same place.  The Creekside will be refurbished and remain a pollinator garden for Monarchs, other butterflies and birds.  There will also be a small sitting area beside it for walkers to enjoy a rest as they have in the past.  Kurt has always assured us that he wants to help in any way possible, and he ha.  We look forward to growing with him as time goes by.

The mural will be covered with siding, but was going to need some serious refurbishing anyway as the surface it was painted on was failing.  More artwork will be added at some point in the future. Most of all, we will miss the memory of John DuBois's horses which died at the location when that building burned down many years ago.  

Look for great changes as the property is redeveloped.  Kurt will make it even more useful and a sharp looking building to boot!  I know Charlie would approve!

I knew Kurt would pitch in.