GoDuBois.com
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES
  • LOW PRICES

Low-Fly Zone For The PA Wilds

mr.d

Well of course they can’t use any of their by pristine air space in western MD, that would rile up the western Marylanders who leave the ****holes they work in to “escape”.  MD ANG Generals “wait we have an idea, let’s defecate all over PA, they’re just hicks up there anyway.  Landfills get away with it all the time. Ya that’s a good idea”.  Can’t wait !!!

Military Training Route is highlighted in yellow (VR704 with red arrow) depicting the route military pilots use in training.  It used to be called the "Olive Branch" because it looked like an olive branch on the map.

They fly at nearly tree top level...it's scary when you first hear them.

image.png

On 11/25/2021 at 7:41 PM, rnetzlof said:

There's already, and has been a large military operations area in our neck of the woods. (See attached map) Looks to me that the request is to allow lower level flights within that area.

MilitaryOperationsArea.jpg

At night near brockway you can hear the jet fighters periodically. 

Back in the early 80's when I was working on the making of the Silverwoods course in TL (we called it Siberia) they flew at tree top levels all the time. You did not hear them until they were right on top of you. It did get your heart pumping LOL so nothing they haven't done in the past

On 11/25/2021 at 10:57 AM, jaman said:

The mountains are more better for training in Western MD and Northern Virginia. 

I believe the issue might reside with commercial flights.  Western MD/Northern VA has heavy commercial flight traffic.  Commercial airliners generally run the I-80 corridor and will not cause disruptions to their training.  

41 minutes ago, fedup said:

Try living and working between Tyndall air force base and Eglin air force base. The F-22's and F-35's are something to see and hear.   The sounds of freedom.

When I lived in Harrisburg, they flew over Ft. Indiantown Gap 2-3 days a week.  Very loud and entertaining...especially at night.

Possible flight training in Central Pa could impact wildlife

by: Yanni Tragellis

Posted:  / Updated: 

SUBSCRIBE NBreaking News

CLEARFIELD COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ) – Flight training for the Maryland Air National Guard could be coming to our area, and the impacts of it could be felt across our central Pa region on both the wildlife side and through tourism dollars.

Some concerns have been brought forward by Pennsylvania’s 15th district representative, Congressman Glenn “GT” Thompson because these training would include low altitude flights, which could be as close as just 100 feet off the ground. These proposed flight training would happen 170 days of the year in the Pennsylvania Wilds region, for four hours per day.

The impact of these low altitude flights would be felt by the large elk herd population in our region, as well as the migratory bird population and bald eagles. And Thompson said it could also cause a disturbance that would affect tourism in the area. Tourism in the central Pa region is heavily influenced by the elk population, with many coming into the area during rutting season.

“Those are just some of the issues that are out there that need to be studied before a rash decision is made”

Congressman Thompson told me that while he supports the training of the Air National Guard, he hopes that another location can be found for these flight paths, that would have less of an environmental impact.

“The cumulative impact, the potential disturbance of this low MOA would be outstandingly detrimental to our region,” Congressman Thompson said.

Thompson added that those who may be concerned about the impact of these possible flight trainings should reach out to Governor Tom Wolf’s office to ask him to be an advocate with the Pennsylvania Wilds.                                         SEE VIDEO REPORT    ;   https://www.wearecentralpa.com/news/local-news/possible-flight-training-in-central-pa-could-impact-wildlife/

On 11/27/2021 at 11:13 AM, Gator11 said:

Back in the early 80's when I was working on the making of the Silverwoods course in TL (we called it Siberia) they flew at tree top levels all the time. You did not hear them until they were right on top of you. It did get your heart pumping LOL so nothing they haven't done in the past

They went over our house all the time. It was sort of interesting. They were those delta wing whatevers.  The idiot dog thought he could catch them.