GoDuBois.com

BUDS Gardeners Christmas Tree Vandalism

Petee

The tree at Kurt Johnson's auto sales, formerly Charlie's Alternators, is bent to the ground, possibly by someone who also egged the cars at Johnson's.  If you think you know the vandals, possibly kids who stole eggs from their parents, please let the police know.  I doubt that anyone so ignorant would pay for them.

We've had a very hard time this year in maintaining some sort of order and a future in that area.  I'm planning on picking up the tree today with the help of a volunteer who can lift it into my pick-up truck sometime this afternoon.  I'm still working on that process.  If anyone is willing to help, then please call me at 814-590-9010.  Once I get it home, we will see if it can be repaired.  If not, then no tree this year. We've already paid a gentleman to put it up and fluff it out, but the ropes to stabilize it hadn't been added yet.  He won't be available till this coming week and I don't want this shameful desecration to be witnessed all weekend.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Eggs and hand done violence are usually committed by bored and unsupervised kids.  I did a year-long research for the city on Vandalism, and adults generally don't take time to find eggs or put their muscle to anything to destroy it.  

I retrieved the tree when employees took it down and loaded it into the truck for me, safe and sound.  The bottom is still there and we will try to get it all repaired and back up to enjoy before Christmas.  It's in three pieces and only the bottom one is damaged, but the base is frozen into the holder, so this will take some finagling.  There are solar lights which we hope will work also.