Jump to content
GoDuBois.com
  • Keep Your Family Safe!
  • Keep Your Family Safe!
  • Keep Your Family Safe!

Masking At School


Cacao
 Share

Recommended Posts

I read that the PA Supreme Court overturned the school mask mandate.  Curious...are all of the local school districts now optional?  Are there any that are sticking with it?

I was watching WTAE this morning and there are a handful of districts staying with masks, but most of them are going optional after Christmas break.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cacao said:

I read that the PA Supreme Court overturned the school mask mandate.  Curious...are all of the local school districts now optional?  Are there any that are sticking with it?

I was watching WTAE this morning and there are a handful of districts staying with masks, but most of them are going optional after Christmas break.

Brockway sent out an email blast and one-call on Friday night.  Masks were optional, as of today, except on school buses.  Reminded parents that DOH quarantine guidelines are still in place, as is the federal mask mandate on transportation (buses).  Both of my kids went to school today without masks.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Talking to a few more people this morning, I believe the only school to keep the masks as mandatory is DuBois Central Catholic.  Is that true?  If so, that's interesting...wow.  Even ECC made it optional.  

Yeah, those districts that said after Christmas break is to prevent quarantining and any chance of remote prior to Christmas break.  Also, they are buying more time in hopes that county numbers decline.  All per WTAE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, sunflake said:

Thank You DCC for at this time, keeping Mask Mandate..  

I'm interested in this.  A controlled study to see what sort of impact it has. 

My hypothesis is that it will have no positive effect and will prove that mask or maskless, the results are the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Cacao said:

I'm interested in this.  A controlled study to see what sort of impact it has. 

My hypothesis is that it will have no positive effect and will prove that mask or maskless, the results are the same.

Here's what happened to my family.  my cousin's daughter in Law teaches in District outside of Pittsburgh.  She most likely contracted the virus from one of her students, she is as most teacher's are Fully Vaccinated.  She comes home, infects her husband, my cousin's son and their 3 children.  My cousin happens to be there as well and now she has it.  Dies in Butler Hospital last Monday , cause of death Covid.  She never goes out other than to her son's.  I am in same situation as my cousin..  so that is why I believe in masks even if it helps in a small way..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, sunflake said:

Here's what happened to my family.  my cousin's daughter in Law teaches in District outside of Pittsburgh.  She most likely contracted the virus from one of her students, she is as most teacher's are Fully Vaccinated.  She comes home, infects her husband, my cousin's son and their 3 children.  My cousin happens to be there as well and now she has it.  Dies in Butler Hospital last Monday , cause of death Covid.  She never goes out other than to her son's.  I am in same situation as my cousin..  so that is why I believe in masks even if it helps in a small way..

I'm sorry to hear that.  Emotions aside, this is a great example of vaccine and masks effectiveness.  The story should have ended at " fully vaccinated".  Since it did not, it leads me to believe "vaccine" is more so a therapeutic?  Also, I assume teacher and students were all wearing masks.  It apparently did not help in a small way or any way if the virus continued to pass on.  

(Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine unto her.  May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.  Amen.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will they still be doing contract tracing and quarantining students that are close to an exposure.  The one good thing about the masks in schools is the quarantining has basically been eliminated.  If they still continue contact tracing, there are going to be some empty classrooms in the near future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, L8RG8R said:

Will they still be doing contract tracing and quarantining students that are close to an exposure.  The one good thing about the masks in schools is the quarantining has basically been eliminated.  If they still continue contact tracing, there are going to be some empty classrooms in the near future.

Yes, any school that keeps the masks, there will be no quarantine requirement.  I'm not sure about contract tracing....I think that went out the window a while ago.  The quarantine requirement needs to be revisited and updated.  Since it's political, that won't happen for at least another 3 years.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, L8RG8R said:

Will they still be doing contract tracing and quarantining students that are close to an exposure.  The one good thing about the masks in schools is the quarantining has basically been eliminated.  If they still continue contact tracing, there are going to be some empty classrooms in the near future.

According to the info from our school, DOH quarantine guidelines are still in place as is contact tracing.  Contact tracing has never stopped.  Kids just weren't required to quarantine if they were masked.  Now that they aren't masked, quarantining will again be required.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MIM307 said:

According to the info from our school, DOH quarantine guidelines are still in place as is contact tracing.  Contact tracing has never stopped.  Kids just weren't required to quarantine if they were masked.  Now that they aren't masked, quarantining will again be required.  

I texted a teacher friend about contact tracing.  I received 4 "crying laughing" emojis when I asked if the schools are still doing that.  *shrug*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Cacao said:

I texted a teacher friend about contact tracing.  I received 4 "crying laughing" emojis when I asked if the schools are still doing that.  *shrug*

I live with a teacher.   I can assure you it's still happening...but you know teachers are immune from contact tracing, right?  

DOH actually decided that last year.  They aren't in close enough contact for a long enough time to "count" as contacts.  Makes perfect sense.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, MIM307 said:

I live with a teacher.   I can assure you it's still happening...but you know teachers are immune from contact tracing, right?  

DOH actually decided that last year.  They aren't in close enough contact for a long enough time to "count" as contacts.  Makes perfect sense.  

I do know that.  I remember when it first started, the rule was 15 minutes.  When someone would ask, teachers would always say it was less than 15 minutes just to get them off their back.  

All of this makes sense.  My teacher (high school) relatives & friends don't care if the kids were the masks on their face as long as the loops or around their ears, they're in compliance.  More sense being made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...