GoDuBois.com

'Underground Chamber' In Tionesta Featured On History Channel

mr.d

the land owner was a jerk 8)

I was thinking the same thing.  Wonder if he/she knows something that they don't want out there.  I also wonder if those two hunters will lose hunting privileges on that property.

Guest Angee5085

I was thinking the same thing.  Wonder if he/she knows something that they don't want out there.  I also wonder if those two hunters will lose hunting privileges on that property.

i agree, the land owner could be a freemason themselves..... I picked up on that in the beginning of the show.... oh well its good they figured it out, it definitely didnt line up with the irish calander ones

I've heard about some ancient burial mounds discovered near Sabula....Can anyone add to that story?   Was that determined to be pre-Native American era? I think the late Sam King, from Penn State DuBois Campus, and noted local historian, did some research on them....

The owner probably was thinking about the insurance liability and possible legal repercussions of having an "official" inspection of the site.  Allowing hunters could easily be covered, but the rest of it could be a nightmare for the landowner.

This was a fabulous educational tool.  Thank you for posting it.

I had a complete set of Sam King maps, but gave them away to a friend.  They are available at the Clearfield County Historical Society (don't know if our local society has them).  They're reprints and show all kind of good stuff, like the cave.

We have an original set at our camp.

To think that these people, maybe Celts, Vikings,or Druids from the same era as the Stonhenge builders were in our area, and knew so much about the natural world, is a startling idea....It's easier to imagine the Aztec's, ancient Egyptians, and other enlightened civilizations, when they were not in our own neighborhood, or....maybe they were..hmmmmm?

The owner probably was thinking about the insurance liability and possible legal repercussions of having an "official" inspection of the site.  Allowing hunters could easily be covered, but the rest of it could be a nightmare for the landowner.

This was a fabulous educational tool.  Thank you for posting it.

I was thinking more along the lines of the owner being worried it would be labeled a historic site.

I remember the story I read here a while back about the Reynoldsville stone. It was believed to be a tombstone of a Carthaginian from 100 to 300 AD.