Jump to content
GoDuBois.com

NICE, real nice canada


WMJ77
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

I would like to show more compassion towards a family that already has enough on their plate to deal with but hey...who am I

The issue is RM Houses are generally b&b style living arrangements where people are prone to contant with each other.  If RMH feels the unvaccinated are a risk to other patients, then the choice to remove them is warranted.

You are free to make your choices, just dont expect others to bend to accommodate those choices.

That said, RMH should find a way to house these people if they can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Illiterate said:

The issue is RM Houses are generally b&b style living arrangements where people are prone to contant with each other.  If RMH feels the unvaccinated are a risk to other patients, then the choice to remove them is warranted.

You are free to make your choices, just dont expect others to bend to accommodate those choices.

That said, RMH should find a way to house these people if they can.

Since it does not prevent a person from contracting or spreading it, their logic that the unvaccinated are a risk is ludicrous.  As is the logic of anyone who believes that.  That makes the choice to remove them unwarranted.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, allboys said:

Since it does not prevent a person from contracting or spreading it, their logic that the unvaccinated are a risk is ludicrous.  As is the logic of anyone who believes that.  That makes the choice to remove them unwarranted.  

I am fairly certain RMH consulted actual experts (as well as lawyers) when arriving at ther decision.

The interesting part is those throw up 'freedom' as a reason to not mask/vaccinate object to those who exprees their freedom to require you to mask/vaccinate on their property.  

Dont worry too much.  The gofundme accout will provide more than enough for a comfortable pace to stay.  The laughable part is most who donate are not actually donating to the family but as a poke in the eye to the folks who passed the vaccination requirement.  But, whatever your motivation.  The donaters get a feel good moment and the gets a place to stay.  Everybody wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is just another example of them trying to strong arm people into getting the vaccine by taking away vital activities.  The fact that the hospital is turning away a sick child tells me that they are more interested in politics and money from government than they are in actually helping sick people.   That is sad. 

I have stayed in a RMH and we had our own bedroom and bathroom and living room. They can easily mask to get to theirs and avoid the common kitchen.  

As stated above, the joke is that they can still get it and pass it with the vaccine so what good is the vaccine?  none.  Add to that the inflated covid death numbers because they offer $9 k to the family for funeral costs if the death is listed as covid.  And yes, I know a local family that this happened to.  They took the $$. I would not have. 

I read the posts about people that are so pro vaccine and in support of hospitals firing staff that won't get the vaccine and laugh because I know of 2 local hospitals that allow covid positive staff to work if they are vaccinated because they are so short staffed.   So, the folks on their high horses about the dangers of us healthy, non vaccinated, non covid positive people are being cared for by vaccinated covid positive hospital staff.   What a joke this whole situation is. 

Staying home when you are sick is still the best prevention of spread. When we had covid this fall, we stayed home past the required time. Vaccination should not be a license to run about spreading it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Illiterate said:

I am fairly certain RMH consulted actual experts (as well as lawyers) when arriving at ther decision.

The interesting part is those throw up 'freedom' as a reason to not mask/vaccinate object to those who exprees their freedom to require you to mask/vaccinate on their property.  

Dont worry too much.  The gofundme accout will provide more than enough for a comfortable pace to stay.  The laughable part is most who donate are not actually donating to the family but as a poke in the eye to the folks who passed the vaccination requirement.  But, whatever your motivation.  The donaters get a feel good moment and the gets a place to stay.  Everybody wins.

A private business can require whatever they wish.  If I object they won't get my business.  That is plain.  However, when you are talking about a medical treatment for a person that is ill...it is not the same thing.  

None of the "actual experts" you mention can agree, so whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Illiterate said:

I am fairly certain RMH consulted actual experts (as well as lawyers) when arriving at ther decision.

The interesting part is those throw up 'freedom' as a reason to not mask/vaccinate object to those who exprees their freedom to require you to mask/vaccinate on their property.  

Dont worry too much.  The gofundme accout will provide more than enough for a comfortable pace to stay.  The laughable part is most who donate are not actually donating to the family but as a poke in the eye to the folks who passed the vaccination requirement.  But, whatever your motivation.  The donaters get a feel good moment and the gets a place to stay.  Everybody wins.

Know who doesn't win?  The family with a 4 year old with Leukemia. 

A comfy hotel means nothing to them.  The convenience of the RMH meant a lot to them.  The travel and parking takes a toll. The hospital environment was comforting. 

To say people aren't donating to help them, but in spite, is a stretch.  They donate because they are so glad they aren't in the position of the family with an ill child, hoping for remission. They want to help. We should all count our blessings and give a hand to others.  

I'm all for private grocery stores or whatever doing curbside for non vaccinated people.  You can't save lives curbside and the hospital needs to have some decency and compassion.

I was at Children's last week, I didn't care who had their vaccine.  We all masked, sanitized and social distanced. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, momtothree said:

Know who doesn't win?  The family with a 4 year old with Leukemia. 

A comfy hotel means nothing to them.  The convenience of the RMH meant a lot to them.  The travel and parking takes a toll. The hospital environment was comforting. 

To say people aren't donating to help them, but in spite, is a stretch.  They donate because they are so glad they aren't in the position of the family with an ill child, hoping for remission. They want to help. We should all count our blessings and give a hand to others.  

I'm all for private grocery stores or whatever doing curbside for non vaccinated people.  You can't save lives curbside and the hospital needs to have some decency and compassion.

I was at Children's last week, I didn't care who had their vaccine.  We all masked, sanitized and social distanced. 

 

Keeping the kid probably wasnt the problem.  The parents were the problem.  The parents rated their no-vax stance over the welfare of their kid.

Seem to forget there are other kids there as well.  I would hazard to guess those parents are doing everything possibly can to protect their own children, including the vaccine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Illiterate said:

Keeping the kid probably wasnt the problem.  The parents were the problem.  The parents rated their no-vax stance over the welfare of their kid.

Seem to forget there are other kids there as well.  I would hazard to guess those parents are doing everything possibly can to protect their own children, including the vaccine.

Why are you calling it a no vax stance?   It is a choice many are making due to possible side effects or death. They want to be there for their kid/kids.   We don't know their medical history or reasons. 

The other kids aren't in their room. The vaccine is the least of worries for most families there.  It is very stressful to be in a strange town, staying with a sick child, missing work.  RMH just added to that for MANY families, not just this one. 

Seem to forget that vaccine or no vaccine you can get and spread covid.  

We can argue this all day but the fact that the vaccine does NOT stop you from getting or spreading Covid remains the same!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2022 at 6:43 PM, Illiterate said:

Seem to forget there are other kids there as well.  I would hazard to guess those parents are doing everything possibly can to protect their own children, including the vaccine.

Are you having trouble understanding that the vaccine doesn't keep you from getting it? Why does it matter who has it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A VAX STOPS IT ......these jabs......lessen it....thats it......if thats what you are looking for, fine....but...you can still die from it, get it, and pass it.....you can also damage your heart or get blood clots

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...