GoDuBois.com

Snow + MT Shelves = ?

Cacao

According to the Weather Channel, the DuBois area is predicted to get 8-13" of snow Sunday (1/16) evening into Monday (1/18).  Yeah, big deal it's January and that's supposed to happen.  Typically when a large snowfall is predicted, people RUN to the grocery store.  If you've been there lately, you'll understand that the shelves are empty (#bareshelvesbiden).  

My question(s) is, how is this going to work?  Instead of milk/bread (since supplies are extremely limited), what will people buy instead?  I, for one, will be SPRINTING to the beer store.

41 minutes ago, leahbarn said:

Can you believe late I have had trouble getting v8?

Yes, I can believe it.  Campbell's has been hit very hard by the supply issues and nearly most of it is their own doing.  Them and Unilever are leading the pack as to what not to do when managing a corporation.  

4 hours ago, Cacao said:

According to the Weather Channel, the DuBois area is predicted to get 8-13" of snow Sunday (1/16) evening into Monday (1/18).  Yeah, big deal it's January and that's supposed to happen.  Typically when a large snowfall is predicted, people RUN to the grocery store.  If you've been there lately, you'll understand that the shelves are empty (#bareshelvesbiden).  

My question(s) is, how is this going to work?  Instead of milk/bread (since supplies are extremely limited), what will people buy instead?  I, for one, will be SPRINTING to the beer store.

I went a day early this morning. Just like I did before the Holiday. The Thursday before when I usually like Friday.  between the 5 degree weather Friday thru Sun and the potential for huge snow Sun night. I beat the rush. Friday will be manic day.

2 hours ago, leahbarn said:

Chocolate, cheese  and v8. Can you believe late I have had trouble getting v8?

Gatorade has been hard to get in single 12 or 20 oz bottles. Walmart got a shipment in today. By the time you see this, it may be gone. I ve see 4-5 weel lapses until they get more.

3 hours ago, WMJ77 said:

eggs, yeast, milk, butter....im good

Did you forget the flour? With those ingredients you can last a while on breads and pancakes.  Throw in some sugar, you can have  sugar cookies too. Good enough to get by.

They never have had all the flavors of drinks since the early 90s. On weekends  always empty shelves. Doesn't  work to complain. Punxsy, St. Mary's, Clearfield  got our business on thise drinks. Certain flavors of their flavored water especially  but also diet Snapple, and diet root beer.