ISSUED: 1:09 PM JAN. 14, 2022 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH MONDAY
AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Heavy wet snow possible. Total snow accumulations between 4
and 9 inches possible.

* WHERE...Portions of east central Ohio. Portions of northwest,
southwest, and western Pennsylvania. Portions of northern and the
northern panhandle of West Virginia.

* WHEN...From Sunday afternoon through Monday afternoon.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions
could impact the Monday morning commute.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.                                                                                        

Weather Channel 6-11

Accuweather 8-12 

I figure 7-9 unless the moisture tracks farther West. Then we will get blitzed.All bets will be off.

They are forecasting wet "Heart Attack" snow. With these temps? Be careful.

You are here: Home » News Local News

WEATHER ALERT: Winter Storm Warning Issued for Jefferson County; Heavy Snow Expected

January 15, 2022 12:51 pm·
Author: exploreJefferson

2EE00FF5--1024x682.jpgJEFFERSON CO., Pa. (EYT) – A Winter Storm Warning has been issued for Jefferson County and surrounding areas. Up to 11 inches of snow is possible for the area.

(January 29, 2021, photo by Dave Cyphert of ProPoint Media Photography.)

The National Weather Service of Pittsburgh issued the following Urgent Winter Weather Message at 12:33 p.m. on Saturday, January 15, 2022:

Winter Storm Warning
URGENT – WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Pittsburgh PA
1233 PM EST Sat Jan 15 2022

Winter Storm Warning is in effect from 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 16, 2022, to 1:00 p.m. on Monday, January 17, 2022.

COUNTIES:

Tuscarawas-Carroll-Columbiana-Coshocton-Harrison-Jefferson OH-Muskingum-Guernsey-Belmont-Noble-Monroe-Mercer-Venango-Forest-Lawrence-Butler-Clarion-Jefferson PA-Beaver-Allegheny-Armstrong-Indiana-Washington-Greene-Westmoreland-Higher Elevations of Westmoreland-Fayette-Higher Elevations of Fayette-Hancock-Brooke-Ohio-Marshall-Wetzel-Marion-Monongalia-Ridges of Eastern Monongalia and Northwestern Preston-Preston-Eastern Preston-Western Tucker-Eastern Tucker

CITIES:

Including the cities of Sharon, Parsons, Canonsburg, Thomas, New Kensington, Punxsutawney, Caldwell, Pittsburgh Metro Area, New Martinsville, Greensburg, Hendricks, Steubenville, Ligonier, Indiana, Butler, Beaver Falls, Aliquippa, Bruceton Mills, Coshocton, Terra Alta, Champion, Hermitage, Coopers Rock, Grove City, Murrysville, Weirton, St. Clairsville, Rowlesburg, Tionesta, Carrollton, Kittanning, Woodsfield, Moundsville, Malvern, Ford City, Morgantown, Ohiopyle, Ambridge, Kingwood, Hazelton, Cadiz, Oil City, Clarion, Uniontown, Latrobe, Ellwood City, Monessen, Columbiana, Canaan Valley, East Liverpool, Davis, Monaca, Wheeling, Wellsburg, Dover, New Castle, Lower Burrell, Cambridge, Saint George, Donegal, Zanesville, New Philadelphia, Washington, Waynesburg, Fairmont, Martins Ferry, Salem, Brookville, Follansbee, and Franklin
333 AM EST Sat Jan 15 2022

…WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM SUNDAY TO 1 PM EST MONDAY…

* WHAT…Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations between 6 and 11 inches.

* WHERE…Portions of east central Ohio. Portions of northwest, southwest, and western Pennsylvania. Portions of northern and the northern panhandle of West Virginia.

* WHEN…From 1 PM Sunday to 1 PM EST Monday.

* IMPACTS…Roads, and especially bridges and overpasses, will likely become slick and hazardous. Travel could be very difficult. The hazardous conditions could impact the Monday morning commute.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

Persons should delay all travel if possible. If travel is absolutely necessary, drive with extreme caution and be prepared for sudden changes in visibility. Leave plenty of room between you and the motorist ahead of you, and allow extra time to reach your destination. Avoid sudden braking or acceleration, and be especially cautious on hills or when making turns. Make sure your car is winterized and in good working order.

Dangerous conditions are expected along Interstate 80 for the next several hours. Remember, `Pull Aside, Stay Alive`.

An Interstate warning ought to be announced already.  At 5 pm interstate 80 will be closed to all  through traffic from I79 to I99. Essential and emergency vehicles only. Or right lane only. Speed Limit 25.

2 hours ago, jaman said:

An Interstate warning ought to be announced already.  At 5 pm interstate 80 will be closed to all  through traffic from I79 to I99. Essential and emergency vehicles only. Or right lane only. Speed Limit 25.

Yes and i also saw on Pittsburgh news this morning that along with various other types of vehicles not allowed on the roads that motorcycles will be included.

23 hours ago, Gold Brick said:

We are in PA. Years ago it was just another winter day. What has happened to us? Complete panic over a few inches of snow.

Years ago I would put studded snow tires on my car, throw a couple bags of sand in the trunk and never worried about any snowstorm stopping me.

50 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Years ago I would put studded snow tires on my car, throw a couple bags of sand in the trunk and never worried about any snowstorm stopping me.

It not you Keyz, its the out of area crazies who have no idea how to drive in this.  If  if you hear  a truck drivers name Osugie Ofemuie or Salem Bin Laden. Bet on crazy weather driver.

You are here: Home » Alert

PennDOT Reduces Speed Limits on Interstates in Northwest Region

January 16, 2022 6:18 pm·
Author: Joanne Bauer

plow.jpgJEFFERSON CO., Pa. (EYT) – Due to the severity of the winter storm, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) is temporarily reducing the speed limit on interstates in the northwest region.

(January 29, 2021, photo by Dave Cyphert of ProPoint Media Photography.)

PennDOT is urging motorists to avoid unnecessary travel but those who must head out will see speeds reduced to 45 mph on the following highways:

– Interstate 79, south of the I-80 interchange;
– Interstate 80 from the Ohio state line to Exit 212B (I-180, Williamsport); and
– Interstate 376, entire length.

On roadways with speed restrictions, commercial vehicles not affected by restrictions on these or other roadways must move to the right lane.

Along with the decreased speed limits, there are also vehicle restrictions on interstates in the northwest region. Check www.511pa.com for updated information on the restrictions in place statewide.

Although PennDOT crews have been treating roadways, the department’s primary goal is to keep roads passable, not completely free of ice and snow. PennDOT will continue to treat roadways throughout the storm until precipitation stops and roads are clear.

While PennDOT recommends not traveling during winter storms, motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.

511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts.

The department also asks motorists to allow plenty of space when driving near plow trucks. Also, for their own safety and the safety of plow operators, motorists should never attempt to pass a truck while it is plowing or spreading winter materials.

PennDOT reminds motorists to pack an emergency kit for their vehicles. A basic kit should include non-perishable food, water, a blanket, a small shovel, and warm clothes. When preparing an emergency kit, motorists should take into account the special needs of passengers such as baby food, pet supplies, or medications and pack accordingly.

More information about how to prepare for any type of emergency, including free downloadable checklists of items to keep in your home, car, and at work, and specific information for people with access and functional needs or pets, is available on the Ready PA webpage.