GoDuBois.com

One of the huge peppers I grew this year.

Pappy

My tomatoes plants were huge but they did not produce much. I believe that pepper was a King Authur and didn't feed them anything. I use mushroom compost and thats it. If they grow they grow if not well there is always next year. I go out and look at the garden but I do not use any chemicals. Heck I dont even like weeding so I put weed barrier down. It may have been the pool water LOL A hose broke on my pool and I lost all the water down to the return nozzle. it flooded my garden the pepper area anyway. I thought for sure everything would die off.

If one produces better then let me know and I'll add them to our pepper growing list for the spring plant sale. We grew California Wonder (which is what most people want), Keystone Resistant which Penn State developed for our area and Big Dipper which gets huge but is persnickety!

We tripled the number of peppers we grew and still found them all homes.

Never knew there were so many kinds of peppers.......I just thought they were all just GREEN!!! :o

Peppers come in green, yellow, orange, red, brown and purple. They come in all sorts of different shapes from the block form shown in the picture to long ones with a spiral twist. I'm growing some of the latter this year. That is just sweet peppers. The hot ones have even more shapes. 

Some years one thing grows better and some years it is another. The summers seem to be getting warmer and peppers and eggplants are doing better. Alas, some of the cole crops have suffered from the added heat.