GoDuBois.com

Fushion Buffet Closing

Sunshyn

Stop being so nasty.  They have always been so good to us, and the waitresses are sweet.  In the past, they had quite a few English ladies. Many of the Asian girls speak English and they work hard!  Their food is good, fresh and there's always a crowd eating there, so if you haven't been there in a long time, go back when they open again.  I have never gotten food there that wasn't excellent, and their Hot & Sour Soup was my favorite.

Till they open again, in Clearfield near the Rural King, there is a nice Buffet also.

11 minutes ago, Petee said:

Stop being so nasty.  They have always been so good to us, and the waitresses are sweet.  In the past, they had quite a few English ladies. Many of the Asian girls speak English and they work hard!  Their food is good, fresh and there's always a crowd eating there, so if you haven't been there in a long time, go back when they open again.  I have never gotten food there that wasn't excellent, and their Hot & Sour Soup was my favorite.

Till they open again, in Clearfield near the Rural King, there is a nice Buffet also.

I really like the one in Clearfield.. went there Sat, food is always Hot and fresh 

2 hours ago, sunflake said:

Yes definitely in the paper today..  Wheels of Justice sure run slow...

Its been in the papers for about 4 months. And the Courier Express has actually been lead on this. Other than Obits, I read the crime reports. I wouldnt have commented without proof. Thank you.

50 minutes ago, jaman said:

Its been in the papers for about 4 months. And the Courier Express has actually been lead on this. Other than Obits, I read the crime reports. I wouldnt have commented without proof. Thank you.

What happened there is common knowledge. It certainly turned me off on the place and made me wonder how many similar incidents didn't get reported. I'm sure this one wouldn't have if it hadn't been for a diligent sister. No woman (or anyone else) should have to live in fear and I don't think she kept a knife beside her bed because she liked to peel apples for a midnight snack. Kudos to the police department for following up on this. Who would patronize an establishment where a woman stabs herself to keep from being raped? She should have stabbed him. A couple of times. I can vote with my dollars and I'll vote no on this establishment. You are known by the company you keep and maybe where you choose to eat. I pray those girls are all safe. 

9 hours ago, lavender said:

What happened there is common knowledge. It certainly turned me off on the place and made me wonder how many similar incidents didn't get reported. I'm sure this one wouldn't have if it hadn't been for a diligent sister. No woman (or anyone else) should have to live in fear and I don't think she kept a knife beside her bed because she liked to peel apples for a midnight snack. Kudos to the police department for following up on this. Who would patronize an establishment where a woman stabs herself to keep from being raped? She should have stabbed him. A couple of times. I can vote with my dollars and I'll vote no on this establishment. You are known by the company you keep and maybe where you choose to eat. I pray those girls are all safe. 

You make some good points, and I agree with you about the fact that this situation needed to come to light and that the perpetrator needed punished.  And yes, I feel that this goes on a lot more than we realize with some of these types of businesses.  I myself have observed at another business, not a food business, that the men are supreme, and the women pretty much bow down to them.  And they seem to be able to treat the women however they want and get away with it.   However, we have to think of the innocent ones here, too.  Now that a business has closed, a livelihood for a wife is taken away, and innocent workers who need a job.  They came here because its better here than in their own country.  And they are working hard long hours, and are contributing to our society.  I don't think of myself as less of a person because I go to that restaurant.  I love the food, and its one of few places I can take a dear person who can no longer order for themself, but loves the buffett.  Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater.  

Yes it is a little drive but try Sakura in Clarion. Good food , clean, clean clean and great staff. I love Chinese food . But I found the one in Clearfield to be dirty , cold food , and a half empty buffet. I've ate at the one in Punxsy for years until I got food  poisoned last year. They cut the buffet in half and the quality has went down. I wasn't impressed with the one that is the topic either. Go ahead call me a food critic but when I spend good money I want good food and clean surroundings

42 minutes ago, DLE1950 said:

Yes it is a little drive but try Sakura in Clarion. Good food , clean, clean clean and great staff. I love Chinese food . But I found the one in Clearfield to be dirty , cold food , and a half empty buffet. I've ate at the one in Punxsy for years until I got food  poisoned last year. They cut the buffet in half and the quality has went down. I wasn't impressed with the one that is the topic either. Go ahead call me a food critic but when I spend good money I want good food and clean surroundings

Yes the Best one around is definitely Sakura! Great selection for a decent cost. I am with you on getting good food for the $. I just wish there was more to do in Clarion, All the good stores have closed 

2 hours ago, Polo said:

You make some good points, and I agree with you about the fact that this situation needed to come to light and that the perpetrator needed punished.  And yes, I feel that this goes on a lot more than we realize with some of these types of businesses.  I myself have observed at another business, not a food business, that the men are supreme, and the women pretty much bow down to them.  And they seem to be able to treat the women however they want and get away with it.   However, we have to think of the innocent ones here, too.  Now that a business has closed, a livelihood for a wife is taken away, and innocent workers who need a job.  They came here because its better here than in their own country.  And they are working hard long hours, and are contributing to our society.  I don't think of myself as less of a person because I go to that restaurant.  I love the food, and its one of few places I can take a dear person who can no longer order for themself, but loves the buffett.  Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater.  

I guess we can look at this two ways. You see it as throwing "the baby out with the bathwater." Perhaps, but it can also seen as breaking up a system that fosters harm even though it might leave people, sometimes the victims, to find other ways of dealing with their lives. The ending of slavery sent ex-slaves into a world where they then had to deal with balancing budgets, seeking out medical care, finding work and all of those other necessities of life that were previously arranged for them. What price freedom! Breaking up the Mafia put a lot of people out of work too. 

There is a great opportunity for exploitation in importing young women to work here, especially when they can't speak English and are accustomed to a different social system where they have few choices in their lives. I hope the police and social services looked into this situation. I'm betting this is a case of indentured servitude. Somebody got these young ladies into the country and paid for their expenses. So what do they have to do in return? Can they just walk away from the houses they have them living in and get a job at McDonald's? Do they get paid? Do any of them integrate into the community? Get married? Have friends outside their jobs? Do what normal people do? I don't like it. Teach them English and turn them loose or send them back to their mothers.  Maybe the won't have to sleep with a knife beside the bed and those exploiting them will have a few dollars less. Maybe I'm wrong about their situation but that's how I see it. 

2 hours ago, DLE1950 said:

I like sakura the best also. Although I have not been in about a year and a half since the pandemic started. Not because of that but havent had the time really to go. I have been craving Sakuras lately and may go here soon.

I also like College buffet in State College but really for just a couple dishes that no one else has. They have a nice spicy shrimp dish that I love.

Give me cauldron of Hot & Spicy Soup, cut with some Egg Drop Soup and I'm happy!

Thanks for the suggestion in Clarion.  Some evening when we want to go for a ride, we will do that!

4 hours ago, Polo said:

The courts decide when their events happen, not the criminal.  Lose your license for drinkigng and driving, and you'll be more than a year getting it straightened out."

we tried Sakura's in Clarion tonight.....ehh, it was ok, nothing great, not bad......I'am looking for a place or how to make the gen tso that Diane made at peking on blvd back when it was packed for buffet