GoDuBois.com

Brookville Photos

Guest curwensville

Guest Tracy96

I think the 2nd unknown pic looks like main street on the west side of town looking out onto route 36 south in the background.  The hills all seem to fit.

Interesting pictures of Brookville.  If you are interested in pictures and other items in the history of Brookville there is the Jefferson County Historical Society-Museum located at 172-176 Main Street in Brookville,hours are Tuesday-Saturday 12 Noon to 5 PM.  Call 1-814-849-0077 for more information. They have many interesting and historical items to see including the Bowdish Train Display. The Historical Center is on same side of Main street the Courthouse is on ,about 3 doors down from the traffic light at Pickering & Main Street would be across from Angelo'sPizza.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone identify these areas in Brookville?

Unknown #2 is taken from the end of Main Street toward Taylor Street.  Altman's home/office is on the right front, directly behind the little roof on the side you can see the Litch house and "Litch Hill."  The house on the front left was torn down years ago, my aunt lived in it at one time.

• 1 year later...

The reason we thought it was up by hilltop was because of the position of the route signs and the position of the way the picture is taken.. MMMM  wonder where it is?

I believe that is at the end of Main St at the intersection of Franklin St. down town looking towards the Litch House in the distance.

The house on the right is still there.  But the house on the left is gone now.  That tree appears to be the same one in the Google Street View.   If you look at the indentations on the chimney to the right, it matches the chimney on street view in the second picture.

If it isn't there as I believe, its on Main St starting to head up the hill towards Hilltop, looking northward towards Short St.

main_st1_6919.jpg

main_st2_7724.jpg