GoDuBois.com

Take a look and see if you know the year this picture was taken

AT_PSU_07

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, flag is at half mast, traffic lights dont seem real old, but the street lights do, the car "could" just be passing through but the parking meters probably make the car about right....maybe someone that worked for city can tell by the lights or meters

Likely early 1950s.  The car looks very similar to a 1950 Lincoln (although I don't think it is...but the body-style would be early 1950s), and the SR 219 sign is different from the photo of a PA sign in 1948 that I found.  The car doesn't look "old" though, so my guess would be 1950-1955.   :)

I'm old .....but not that old  .......  I would wonder as to why the flag is at half mast ...... Did someone important die (former President or VP)

that may give you some clues as to when it was taken ..... I will tell you that if your grandpa was still alive he would probably know

Car parked illegally!  Can make out the US Route 219 sign clearly.  Can also make out the recruiting sign of the three branches of the military.  Don't appear to be leaves on the shrubbery.  With flags at half mast, I would put the date at sometime after JFK's funeral.  If I remember correctly the day of the funeral was bright, sunny, but cold (a Monday).  The previous day was overcast and rainy (Sunday, Sykesville).  I remember sitting in front of the fireplace in my parents home, Sunday lunch, but eating a bowl of home made chicken noodle soup, watch everything on TV.  All of a sudden right in front of the world, Lee Harvey Oswald was murdered.

I would guess either 1963 also, but am happy to see the pic. I love this stuff look at the old 219 sign. Its hard to picture parking out front of that building today, there would be no way. Everthing looks laid back and so late 50's early 60ish.