GoDuBois.com

Reynoldsville borough council

BillyC

I'm not sure how many of us on here still read the local paper (which is the only one we have and i know they print what they want). In today's Courier there is an article that they are still arguing and seem like they have no idea what's going on in regard to the ongoing issues they've been having with the suspended police officer. They lost the suit giving her back pay and it appears she is trying to be the best she can be in helping them become a better and safer place to live. They are now looking into cameras but they are so dysfunctional they had to contact a firm in Pittsburgh to make sure the policy was written correctly.

AND I QUOTE  (the borough was unable to provide the firms name) (but the mayors policy was sent to the firm to take into consideration when writing the new policy)

How'd you like to have them elected officials making decisions?

Just now, Gator11 said:

Cameras :funny4:

Yep the crime wave in Reynoldsville is out of control:duh:

In Brockway they got Officer Bell who is an excellent officer. Sorry Reynoldsville you lost a great officer who actually grew up there.

Now Brockway now has  officer Brad Kramer formerly from Reynoldsviie on Brokway polce force as part time.

50 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Reynoldsville would be better off contracting police services with  the new City of DuBois.

Here is the preliminary plan outlined for DuBois/Sandy.

https://duboispa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Police-consolidationpp.pdf

A regional police force may be the way to go for Reynoldsville, Sykesville with the new City at some point in the future.

Thank you Keyser for the PD link. 

19 hours ago, Gator11 said:

Cameras :funny4:

Yep the crime wave in Reynoldsville is out of control:duh:

In Brockway they got Officer Bell who is an excellent officer. Sorry Reynoldsville you lost a great officer who actually grew up there.

Officer Cramer is now in brockway,too.  

I’ve lived in Reynoldsville all my life and it keeps declining. The same families keep running the town and just keeps getting worse. The mayor is the son of one of the council members which holds major influence with a lot of the town. To me it’s a conflict of interest. But that’s just me. 

3 hours ago, BigT said:

A regional police force may be the way to go for Reynoldsville, Sykesville with the new City at some point in the future.

Didn't they try that around 10 years ago or so?

19 hours ago, BigT said:

Thank you Keyser for the PD link. 

Might as well throw in Union, Brady and  Houston townships.   Since the PSP seems to be limited and the sheriff department doesn't really patrol or anything.  (I'm aware how they're set up)  but they should be patrolling the county and assisting other departments. All the other states have sheriff's that do that.  I dunno why it's set up differently for the county or PA

6 hours ago, JimmyPete said:

Might as well throw in Union, Brady and  Houston townships.   Since the PSP seems to be limited and the sheriff department doesn't really patrol or anything.  (I'm aware how they're set up)  but they should be patrolling the county and assisting other departments. All the other states have sheriff's that do that.  I dunno why it's set up differently for the county or PA

Falls Creek too.

On 4/28/2022 at 11:03 AM, JimmyPete said:

Sheriffs in PA do not have police powers, they are only officers of the court - basically bailiffs and jail wardens.   They have the exact same power of arrest as you and I in PA(see bottom of post).

The only county where the sheriff department has police powers in Allegheny due to the class of county, and there the separated the sheriffs department from the "county police".

Civil arrest powers:
1.  When there is reason to believe a felony has occurred.
2. When you have personally witnessed a breach of the peace.
3. When there is a warrant for the person in question.

1 hour ago, dubois_15801 said:

Sheriffs in PA do not have police powers, they are only officers of the court - basically bailiffs and jail wardens.   They have the exact same power of arrest as you and I in PA(see bottom of post).

The only county where the sheriff department has police powers in Allegheny due to the class of county, and there the separated the sheriffs department from the "county police".

Civil arrest powers:
1.  When there is reason to believe a felony has occurred.
2. When you have personally witnessed a breach of the peace.
3. When there is a warrant for the person in question.

Which is ass backwards.  Every other state I've lived in, it wasn't this way.   There needs to be more police enforcement all around and the state not giving it to us.  For example, how long would it take police to get to a robbery at gun point in bloom township?  Would they request sandy and curwensville PD to get their first?   You call 911 in a emergency and expect them to come ASAP but not whenever  psp has a "tropper available" ... 

All well and good, but currently the Dem's are running the show. If we have police coverage they risk their lives catching them, then they get released to do it again! All this going on while they want your guns so you can't defend yourself. Let's keep voting for government had outs! They're getting richer while they screw us and liberal America can't see it.

On 5/2/2022 at 3:47 PM, JimmyPete said:

Which is ass backwards.  Every other state I've lived in, it wasn't this way.   There needs to be more police enforcement all around and the state not giving it to us.  For example, how long would it take police to get to a robbery at gun point in bloom township?  Would they request sandy and curwensville PD to get their first?   You call 911 in a emergency and expect them to come ASAP but not whenever  psp has a "tropper available" ... 

Sheriffs used to have police powers.  But when PA instituted the Municipal Police training law thingamajigger they forgot to include sheriffs/deputies.  After a couple court rulings things got sorted out, eliminating the sheriffs power until the General Assembly redoes things.

Police power is under "statutory power of arrest",  the sheriffs are under common law power of arrest, for now.

I'm with you on restoring the sheriffs/deputies.   Appointed powers is repugnant in this country.