GoDuBois.com

Take a guess on where this location is in DuBois?

Pompeii

• Administrators

This was POTD for 5/7/22. 

This pic is from the DuBois Historical FB Page. No one seemed to have a definite answer on where this location is in DuBois. Please post your thoughts and the year you think this was.

okdub.jpg

Thank you Steve for posting this. I will have to check with my MIL. She remembers so much about DuBois back then.

What make and year were the cars?

I'm going to go with 1934/1935?  Looks to me like a 1934 Ford Sedan. I tried looking up Gulf economy test but didn't find anything yet. I would think they would use a current model car. Here is a pic I found of a 1934 Ford Sedan 

Screenshot_20220507-131058_Chrome.jpg

17 minutes ago, fedup said:

It looks to me like both cars are the same and they may be cop cars 

I don't think the closest car is a cop car since it says Gulf Economy Test on the door. 

25 minutes ago, pwacm said:

You're welcome. It's dark on dark. Similar to Police cars of late. Ie Brookville,PA

I might not have paid enough for my phone. 🍻👍

3 hours ago, lavender said:

Men's clothing never changes! If there were women in the picture you wouldn't need the car to date the picture. :huh:

Good point since no women are in the photo they must be at home barefoot and pregnant.  That helps date things. 

On 5/8/2022 at 3:41 PM, pwacm said:

Good point since no women are in the photo they must be at home barefoot and pregnant.  That helps date things. 

Ironing their house dresses. Those floral print cotton ones that buttoned up the front. Actually, I remember my mother doing that. I don't know where my iron is. Somewhere, unless I tossed it.