GoDuBois.com

To Boost Now or to Wait?

Polo

Just wanted to get the pulse of those in the community who are vaxxed against Covid 19 to see what folks are doing.  I'm fully vaccinated, and had third shot last fall of the Pfizer.  I talked to my doctor as to if I should get another booster now or wait until Fall.   She said to monitor what is going on locally with cases and it they shoot up or if I travel to a place with high cases, to boost now.  If numbers are low where I'm at, then wait until fall.  But she did advise to get one in the fall.  Are we seeing a lot of cases locally?  Anyone heard about our hospitals and what they are seeing?  I know a few months back, there were only a few cases hospitalized.    I'm someone who has a minor health condition, so I'm a bit more concerned than someone who is in perfect health.  

3 hours ago, Polo said:

Just wanted to get the pulse of those in the community who are vaxxed against Covid 19 to see what folks are doing.  I'm fully vaccinated, and had third shot last fall of the Pfizer.  I talked to my doctor as to if I should get another booster now or wait until Fall.   She said to monitor what is going on locally with cases and it they shoot up or if I travel to a place with high cases, to boost now.  If numbers are low where I'm at, then wait until fall.  But she did advise to get one in the fall.  Are we seeing a lot of cases locally?  Anyone heard about our hospitals and what they are seeing?  I know a few months back, there were only a few cases hospitalized.    I'm someone who has a minor health condition, so I'm a bit more concerned than someone who is in perfect health.  

I have had three Pfizer shots and received the Moderna vaccine in early April for my fourth. I have been in close contact with individuals who had Covid recently. The vaccine seems to offer protection to me. I will get a fifth shot when the new combo comes out. 

Most people are not reporting their cases anymore so case counts are inaccurate. 

Just do as you believe is correct, with your doctor's guidance, for your particular situation.

Regardless as to the religious following for both sides of the Covid vax thing - you must do as you believe it correct.

I may have had covid already, may not have had it.   Last cold/flu type illness was either Dec 2019 or Jan 2020.   Nothing since..   ....and I'm around lots of people of every walk of life.

I haven't been to a doctor since I wrecked a motorcycle in May of 1991.   My last shot was winter of 1995/96 when I had to go into a flooded town in WV to engineer telco facilities(poles/lines got washed out).   ...that shot was a just a booster for tetanus(just in case), required by the WV National Guard.

It's a matter of personal preference but it cannot stop you from contracting it.  You could always split the difference and get it halfway between now and fall.  What protection it does offer is after you already get it, according to them (I'm more of a I'll believe when I see it person).

If I hear from my sister that the 5th shot is very safe and than I will let you know, since she works with a medical research company and has been there for over 25+ years and directed us in the right direction! We are fully vaccinated and boosted and all we have had recently is just the usual allergies and such

Changed my mind.  I am now scheduled for my 4th shot, as it has been 8 months since I had my booster.  Over the weekend, a close family member announced they were exposed to someone who testing positive and another close family member's father was positive.  I think counts are going up again, and its getting too close to me.  

I just don't get it. The number one expert in all of this gets the virus after doing everything he tells others to do. Or has he really done what he tells others to do? 

Everyone knows he is getting a ton of money everyday by promoting the medicine.

Why in the hell would a intelligent human being do what he has done to protect theirselves?

He has proved his self wrong.

• 2 weeks later...