GoDuBois.com

Question?

Gold Brick

33 minutes ago, Gold Brick said:

Was just wondering is there a holiday for just us privileged white people? Some races have two holidays, most of the holidays us privileged whites celebrate include everyone. Just wondering if we even get one day for us.

Just curious what holiday is it that you were told you weren't permitted to celebrate? 

4 hours ago, katie77 said:

Just curious what holiday is it that you were told you weren't permitted to celebrate? 

The post never mentioned a holiday that the poster claimed he/she couldn't celebrate.

Twisting already?????

2 hours ago, fedup said:

The post never mentioned a holiday that the poster claimed he/she couldn't celebrate.

Twisting already?????

Twisting? No. How about I re word it. What holiday does not include "privileged white people". And what does included mean? What benefits come from a holiday and that are kept from some but given to others? I am not twisting anything just trying to get a little more clarification so I can answer the question that he asked on a public forum. Sounds to me like you might be twisting my response. 

Most holidays are everyone included. I'm not or ever will be president, never been a slave, (but then again how many living today have been) Martin Luther King day, (again nothing to do with a privileged white boy). New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas all inclusive, what holiday is there to celebrate that is just for us supposedly privileged white people? Not trying to start a fight just asking. That's all we hear anymore how we privileged whites have it so good. I guess the new America (Build Back Biden) is divid and conquer!

11 hours ago, Gold Brick said:

Most holidays are everyone included. I'm not or ever will be president, never been a slave, (but then again how many living today have been) Martin Luther King day, (again nothing to do with a privileged white boy). New Years, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas all inclusive, what holiday is there to celebrate that is just for us supposedly privileged white people? Not trying to start a fight just asking. That's all we hear anymore how we privileged whites have it so good. I guess the new America (Build Back Biden) is divid and conquer!

Your bringing up a real and true part of life and people are afraid to voice their opinion because they will automatically be called a racist.

Just imagine a Miss White America pageant? 

How about the white tv channel? 

Is there a white caucus in Congress????

I am not a big proponent of all these holidays - think of all the productivity that is lost and the inconvenience from not being able to get your mail and go to the bank, the courthouse, etc.  And if you are working and get the day off that is great - but what can you really do on a cold winter day in January or February.  And why celebrate Columbus Day for the landing in North America in October in 1492 when the Vikings landed in North America a 1,000 years earlier. And why have a holiday based on a person and the birthday of that person and in particular when it is because of the race of that person - especially when all races are to be treated equally.  And since we do not discriminate, but are recognizing race with two of our holidays, should we not be adding four more holiday to recognize the other four races so all five races are recognized - White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.  So Congress - get the budget balanced first LOL - then go to work getting rid of all these "politically correct" non-traditional holidays and stick to just the traditional ones.

5 hours ago, Gold Brick said:

National Anthem ....... "National" doesn't divide! It is for every American! If you aren't happy here you really are free to leave! No one is forced to stay.

Agree. And i know that a lot of people don't follow professional sports but why do some sports feel the need to play two national anthems? I can understand if you are in two separate countries (USA and Canada) but when they're both in the USA why do they have to play both? All the people that said (I'm fleeing the USA if DT gets elected are still here} (6 years later) and are pushing for all these different holidays are the ones that are trying to ruin this country. But. Let's get back to the original question. Why are there people out there just inventing holidays for themselves?  

46 minutes ago, BillyC said:

Agree. And i know that a lot of people don't follow professional sports but why do some sports feel the need to play two national anthems? I can understand if you are in two separate countries (USA and Canada) but when they're both in the USA why do they have to play both? All the people that said (I'm fleeing the USA if DT gets elected are still here} (6 years later) and are pushing for all these different holidays are the ones that are trying to ruin this country. But. Let's get back to the original question. Why are there people out there just inventing holidays for themselves?  

For attention because they really don't contribute.

On 6/21/2022 at 3:49 PM, Gold Brick said:

My question was some have holidays just for them, current administration says we are very privileged white people......what holiday do we have that everyone else isn't included in. I'm not seeing the privilege they are telling me I have!

Consider every day the Lord lets you get up to celebrate another day of life a holiday. And you are still waking up in a free country for now.

4 hours ago, DLE1950 said:

Consider every day the Lord lets you get up to celebrate another day of life a holiday. And you are still waking up in a free country for now.

I do, how much longer will it be a free country with the idiots that are running it. They take God out of everything, how much longer do you think he will tolerate this. I'm thankful for every day......please forgive us Lord we know not what we do!