GoDuBois.com

Pa. Woman Arrested at Doctor’s Office, Declined Care Over Refusal to Wear a Face Mask

I'm all for folks choosing not to mask up.  But one has to understand that Doctors take an oath to "do no harm."    And to live up to that, they have to take necessary precautions.  They are a medical facility!  They have to do certain practices to protect people!  And if someone insists on coming in without a mask, they won't be able to remain there.  It's that simple.  This has nothing to do with political things in my opinion.  Maybe in some instances.  But leave the medical profession out of it.  They are just trying to help folks, and they can't do it if someone comes in without a mask, thereby putting people in danger.

This lady was an extreme case, though.  I wonder if she fully communicated her problem to them.  Could they have seen her in a separate area and not had her enter the waiting room?  Seems to me that she had a lot of health problems and they should have been able to help her by coordinating efforts beforehand.  She deserved to be helped.    And in her poor health, they didn't need to arrest her.  She was hardly dangerous.  She should get a lawyer.

• Administrators

It's all simple common sense. 

If the mask REALLY works put your mask on and you should not worry about anybody or anything wherever you are, including a hospital or Doctor's  office.

If the mask DOESN'T work, then they should outlaw all masks everywhere.

If the mask SOMETIMES work, YOU have the right to make that decision on wearing one or not.  AMEN :pray:

15 hours ago, Pompeii said:

It's all simple common sense. 

If the mask REALLY works put your mask on and you should not worry about anybody or anything wherever you are, including a hospital or Doctor's  office.

If the mask DOESN'T work, then they should outlaw all masks everywhere.

If the mask SOMETIMES work, YOU have the right to make that decision on wearing one or not.  AMEN :pray:

I'll go with the 3rd statement.  I think it has definitely helped and works sometimes.  For instance, we didn't have as many colds and flu in 2020 because we masked.   I don't think it works all the time.  Depends on the type of mask, and how the wearer has it positioned.  People have a right to choose.  If I feel a concern, I put one on.  If I don't, I don't.  I still stand by my thoughts on the doctor offices and hospitals.  They are in the health business, so if they require it, I feel I should comply.