GoDuBois.com

Crystal Springs Lodge...any info?

mosha

Looking for any info on the Crystal Springs Lodge which was located on Crystal Springs Rd. near SB Elliot State Park.  Saw picture of this large, beautiful building in Leitzinger's store display case.  Older relatives called it a dance hall in the 40's and 50's...Rumored to have been built in late 1800's by one or more Pgh. businessmen (Mellon one name mentioned)....out in middle of nowhere for such a building...supposedly became a fraternal lodge after original owners sold it...then bar/rest....burned down in early(?) 60"s.   Any info out there?

• 2 weeks later...

It was beautiful.  My father was looking at it at one time to purchase it.  Not sure why he never did.  But it was rustic, and a beauty all its own, and a peacefulness I really liked.  When it burned down, sometime in the 70's if memory serves, I was very sad.  I knew I'd never see it again....

I've heard that some folks who had too many "cold ones" would jump into the pond/fountain out front...hope you weren't one of them.  Never got there myself, but wasn't of drinking age until '71, and it may have been gone then, not sure.  Just remember my aunts/uncles refer to it as a "dance hall".

Actually, that's quite a hike from Clearfield.