GoDuBois.com

Dubois flexing its muscle on Consolidation

jaman

6 hours ago, jaman said:

After reading the Courier is anybody surprised. Even good well intended Sam Mollica is now wondering.  Its all about the money and land. And somebody has it. And somebody wants it. Its not a done deal yet.

Elections will be held for all 6 seats on council and for Mayor in November 2024. Remember the ones who  flaunted the rules of the Consolidation process for their own benefit  and vote them out of office.

There is an easy solution since Sandy Township is 3.2 square miles with 7,517 residents according to the 2020 census and Sandy is 52.8 square miles with 11,848 residents.

So in my honest opinion it is DuBois who should bend the knee to Sandy. Sandy has the land, people and businesses.

DuBois needs this consolidation and Sandy does not. 

Change the name also to the city of Sandy.  :overreactsmiley:

Consolidation = :insanity:

:popcorn:  :funny4:

4 hours ago, Gator11 said:

There is an easy solution since Sandy Township is 3.2 square miles with 7,517 residents according to the 2020 census and Sandy is 52.8 square miles with 11,848 residents.

So in my honest opinion it is DuBois who should bend the knee to Sandy. Sandy has the land, people and businesses.

DuBois needs this consolidation and Sandy does not. 

Change the name also to the city of Sandy.  :overreactsmiley:

Consolidation = :insanity:

:popcorn:  :funny4:

If Sandy had water and sewer. This would be a mute arguement.

According to Clearfield County Director of Elections Dawn Graham, “Only two of five precincts in Sandy Township voted against consolidation and that was Oklahoma, with 236 voting against and 203 in favor, and Sabula, with 202 against and 69 in favor. Other precinct results include: Treasure Lake, 721-589; Falls Creek 1 (Adrian), 204-151; and West Sandy, 377-363.”

1 hour ago, beechboy said:

According to Clearfield County Director of Elections Dawn Graham, “Only two of five precincts in Sandy Township voted against consolidation and that was Oklahoma, with 236 voting against and 203 in favor, and Sabula, with 202 against and 69 in favor. Other precinct results include: Treasure Lake, 721-589; Falls Creek 1 (Adrian), 204-151; and West Sandy, 377-363.”

Just curious how many were actual homeowners/landowners. I sold my 5 lots and house I had in Sandy so it really wont affect me either way. It would have been nice if the people who owned property in DuBois/Sandy but do not live their would have been allowed to vote on it since it quite possibly could affect them.

I am somewhat surprised that the numbers voting either for or against were not higher. The total added up to 3115. It must have been a very low turnout at the polls in Sandy.

2 hours ago, jaman said:

If Sandy had water and sewer. This would be a mute arguement.

agreed. I was just trying to stir up some conversation. I do hope it works out in the long run but in politics corruption always seems to run amok. The taxpayers may end up feeling the pain or maybe not. Only time will tell.

Toni Cherry’s explanation in Thursday’s Courier provided more information about the City of DuBois water and sewer companies. Why hasn’t this information been available years ago or did I miss it?

1 hour ago, BigT said:

Toni Cherry’s explanation in Thursday’s Courier provided more information about the City of DuBois water and sewer companies. Why hasn’t this information been available years ago or did I miss it?

That is her usual explanation when there is a question about the water and sewage. The city does not want any outside consultants looking at the operation of the system. We will need a new cast of characters elected in 2024 to get any real information. 

Also the new sewer rates for city residents will be around $19 or more dollars per thousand gallons once the new sewer plant is finished.