GoDuBois.com

The GREEN MACHINE at work

fedup

4 hours ago, fedup said:

Gas stoves leak significant amounts of methane when they are being ignited and even while they are turned off, according to a new report, adding to the growing debate over the effects of gas-powered appliances on human health and climate change.

The small study — based on measurements from cooktops, ovens and broilers in 53 homes in California — estimated that stoves emit between 0.8 and 1.3 percent of the natural gas they consume as unburned methane, a potent greenhouse gas. During the course of a typical year, three-quarters of these emissions occur when the devices are shut off, the study showed, which could suggest leaky fittings and connections with gas service lines.

Over a 20-year period, emissions from stoves across the United States could be having the same effect in heating the planet as half a million gas-powered cars, the study estimated.

“People are so attached to their stoves,” said Eric D. Lebel, a senior scientist at the nonprofit research institute PSE Healthy Energy and lead author of the study, which was published on Thursday in the journal Environmental Science & Technology. “There’s something human about cooking on a gas stove, over an open flame.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/27/climate/gas-stoves-methane-emissions.html

A perfect liberal jackass being quoted by a perfect liberal jackass news source. 

Wonder why no fires.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:05 PM, Petee said:

How about a tax credit for those who install a properly installed ventilation fan? Most of the ones today just suck the air through a filter and out into the room.  It's worthless.

For many people, when the electric goes off, the kitchen stove oven is their only source of heat.  Also, cooking on electric is terrible!

I have been cooking on an electric stove for 20 years and it is not that at all terrible. I like it actually because I can turn it off before the meal is done and it still cooks because the top is still warm unlike a gas stove. 

5 hours ago, fedup said:

Published 

Twitter slams AOC after she says gas stoves are linked to brain damage: 'Dems are literally insane'

'I’ll NEVER give up my gas stove' Texas Rep. Ronny Jackson tweeted

So now we know how she got so brain dead. Maybe she shouldn't have lit the stove. 

Freedom Speaks Up CEO Seth Weathers tweeted that Ocasio-Cortez might do well to check her own cognitive ability after using gas stoves. "Is that what happened to you?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-slams-aoc-she-says-gas-stoves-linked-brain-damage-dems-literally-insane

Sounds like she speaks from experience :lol2:

7 hours ago, Gator11 said:

Sounds like she speaks from experience :lol2:

Unfortunately I can agree with the fumes from a propane gas kitchen stove.  I've begged my husband for an exterior venting fan for the last 30 years.  We remodeled the kitchen and built the vent housing to take the fan vent up into the attic, but the ceiling hole needs cut and then piping run across to the soffit and vented there.  If I could do it myself, it would have been done years ago.  

I have asthma, allergies and have had a vocal cord cancer removed.  It's like I'm talking to myself when I tell them that the stove bothers my lungs.  

1 hour ago, Petee said:

Unfortunately I can agree with the fumes from a propane gas kitchen stove.  I've begged my husband for an exterior venting fan for the last 30 years.  We remodeled the kitchen and built the vent housing to take the fan vent up into the attic, but the ceiling hole needs cut and then piping run across to the soffit and vented there.  If I could do it myself, it would have been done years ago.  

I have asthma, allergies and have had a vocal cord cancer removed.  It's like I'm talking to myself when I tell them that the stove bothers my lungs.  

That said, the heating elements on an electric stove bother me too.  There's a terrible smell that is kind of suffocating.  Apparently the elements give off some kind of a toxic fume also.  Back outside to the campfire! :bigfoot:

10 hours ago, Petee said:

Can you smell propane when your stove is off?

6 hours ago, fedup said:

Can you smell propane when your stove is off?

Only if the propane tank is getting low and that yucky smell makes me sick!  Otherwise, it just kind of suffocating and makes the air feel heavy.  I can't describe it.  I'm used to it and usually open the sky light when I'm doing a lot of cooking, and sometimes the back door for a draft.  Sometimes they complain about the chill, but I figure if I can suffocate, then they can finish the vent!

45 minutes ago, Petee said:

Only if the propane tank is getting low and that yucky smell makes me sick!  Otherwise, it just kind of suffocating and makes the air feel heavy.  I can't describe it.  I'm used to it and usually open the sky light when I'm doing a lot of cooking, and sometimes the back door for a draft.  Sometimes they complain about the chill, but I figure if I can suffocate, then they can finish the vent!

You might want to spend a little time checking for leaks. Propane is heavier than air and natural gas. It will hang around for a time .

If you have constant pilot lights instead of electric igniters your smell may be coming from them. Pilot lights don't burn very clean.

Nope, there are electric igniters.  

If the stove is off, then there is no problem, but when I'm cooking, it's terrible.  In summer it's not as bad because I can cook with the door and/or skylight open.  It's been a years long battle, but I'm gaining on getting things done around this house.  Finishing the vent is on the list!  I just need to pick a proper time to begin waging that battle.

11 hours ago, Petee said:

Nope, there are electric igniters.  

If the stove is off, then there is no problem, but when I'm cooking, it's terrible.  In summer it's not as bad because I can cook with the door and/or skylight open.  It's been a years long battle, but I'm gaining on getting things done around this house.  Finishing the vent is on the list!  I just need to pick a proper time to begin waging that battle.

The next possible problem--------your air to fuel mixture is incorrect

Lot's of info about that, here is just one of many--------->

BLOG

What the Color of Your Propane Flame Means

Date: September 9, 2021

Blue, Yellow, Orange…What Is Normal, and What’s Not?

propane flame color arizonaWhen you use your propane gas cooktop, you should always see a blue flame. That’s good, because it’s normal.

When the ratio of fuel to air is correct, there is enough oxygen for complete combustion of propane. Complete combustion results in a blue flame. This means that your propane is burning at its full heat, so you aren’t wasting any heat energy.

What a Yellow or Orange Flame Means

Orange or yellow propane gas flames give you a warning that your propane gas is not being completely burned. When these color flames occur on the burners of a propane cooktop, the cause is usually related to a burner being out of adjustment or blockages in the air inlet, such as from small, burnt food particles.

This results in decreased fuel efficiency. In complete combustion with a blue-colored flame, the temperature of a propane flame is 3,596° F. However, with a yellow or orange flame, the flame’s temperature decreases to 1,832° F. With only half the heat energy now at your disposal, you’ll probably notice difficulties caused by uneven temperature when cooking. For example, you likely won’t be able to achieve even browning or searing when cooking a meal.

This same inefficiency will result in higher energy bills if a yellow or orange flame is present in your home’s heating or water heating system. Who wants to wash clothes, cook, bathe, clean or heat your home using only half of propane’s power?

Even more importantly, yellow or orange flames can pose a safety risk. The incomplete combustion that causes these abnormal flames can lead to a carbon monoxide buildup in your home.

So, if you are seeing yellow or orange flames, or notice a build-up of soot or carbon around your burners, contact your propane service contractor as soon as possible and get the problem corrected.

More Safety Tips for Your Propane Gas Appliances

Propane is an extremely safe fuel, providing warmth and comfort in thousands of homes across Arizona. However, it’s always important that you pay attention to the operation of your gas appliances and make sure a proper maintenance schedule is always followed. You should always consult your owner’s manuals for what’s required. 

Having your appliances checked on a regular basis ensures safe and efficient operation. Besides making sure you get a professional evaluation of your appliances done, there are a number of safety tips you can follow on your own.

Here are just three, courtesy of the Propane Education and Research Council 

1. Propane smells like rotten eggs or a skunk’s spray. Propane manufacturers add this smell to help alert customers to propane leaks. If you have someone living in your household with a diminished sense of smell (elderly relative, etc.), install a propane gas detector as an additional measure of security.
  2. If you need to move an appliance, contact your propane supplier or a trained professional to do this work. This is not a do-it-yourself task. You may inadvertently damage the gas connector. Older connectors can easily crack if twisted, which can lead to a gas leak. Plus, always remember that any time you disconnect and then re-connect an appliance, a leak-test must be performed to ensure that the fittings are secure. For the sake of safety, if you are renovating or otherwise need to move your gas appliances, please speak with your fuel supplier first. 
  3. Regularly check the outdoor vents of your appliances to make sure combustion gases flow unobstructed to the outdoors. Insects, birds, and small animals have been known to build nests in vent pipes. Use a broom (not a shovel) to remove any obstructions so you don’t cause any damage to the vents.

Please read more propane safety tips.

Your Propane Company Looks After You

Your professional Arizona propane company is strongly committed to training. This ensures that their employees know precisely how to deliver your fuel safely—and know what to do in case of a leak or other emergency. Many companies also have a well-trained force of certified propane technicians who have years of experience inspecting and servicing all types of propane appliances. 

If you have any questions or concerns about your propane appliances, please contact your local propane company and they will be glad to help.

https://www.usepropanearizona.com/propane-flame-colors/#:~:text=Orange or yellow propane gas,from small%2C burnt food particles.

Studies from 2019–2021 found scientific consensus to range from 98.7–100%. Research found that 80–90% of Americans underestimate the prevalence of support for major climate change mitigation policies and climate concern. While 66–80% Americans support these policies, Americans estimate the prevalence to be 37–43%.

These are the so called professionals concerning the green bullsh1t.  And you can bet that each and everyone of them is being paid money to say what they say. 

The BS is slowly coming to light. These people are getting paid to tell you that you have to spend your money, TODAY, for something that will never happen TOMORROW 

More Liberal stupid.

Following his remarks, de Blasio signed a law requiring the phase-out of fossil fuel usage in new buildings. The law, which goes into effect this year and mandates new buildings are fully electric by 2027, made New York City the largest city and first large cold-weather city to phase out fossil fuel combustion in new construction.

More Liberal lies

A study published in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health in December tied 12% of childhood asthma cases to gas stoves. 

However, critics have noted the study was partly funded by RMI, a nonprofit research firm that advocates for aggressive green policies and works to "transform global energy systems across the real economy." They have also argued that restricting natural gas usage would lead to significantly higher heating and energy costs for consumers.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrat-led-cities-already-moving-forward-gas-stove-bans-affect-millions

The Big Green Lie is falling apart.  And it’s not about Climategate and Glaciergate.  It’s not about the science.  It’s not even about public confidence in the integrity of the green movement — although this confidence is unlikely to regain the levels of 2009.  Humpty Dumpty has fallen from the walls, and all the establishment commissions and investigations in Europe cannot glue him together again.

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2010/07/12/the-big-green-lie-exposed/

"The climate movement's real weakness is that, besides the intellectual bankruptcy of what they're trying to do, is that they're led by these clowns like Al Gore and John Kerry and Joe Biden," Steve Milloy, a senior legal fellow at the Energy & Environment Legal Institute and publisher of JunkScience.com, told Fox News Digital in an interview.

"They say such extreme things — and all the institutions, the government and the media. How do they ever walk any of that back?" he continued. "The answer is they can't. So, they've got to move forward providing cover."

Published 

Al Gore has history of climate predictions, statements proven false

Gore said there was a 75% chance the entire north polar ice cap would likely be gone by 2016

One of the greatest Liberal liars of all times. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/al-gore-history-climate-predictions-statements-proven-false

1 hour ago, Petee said:

OK, I'll ask, where do you get a tip cleaner?

Should be able to buy a set anywhere tools are sold. If not go to your local welding supply company.  They ain't expensive but they are handy. 

1 hour ago, Petee said:

Al Gore is probably about as dumb as Kamala Harris.  He's good at repeating what's fed to him, but not smart enough to know when he's being fed a line of crap!

But he is getting richer by the second with your money.

That's his problem because eventually he will have to pay the Piper!  I wouldn't want to be in his shoes then.  Temporarily, it looks as though he is winning, but in the long run, he'll be just as deep in the hole as anyone who lives an unrepentant life of lies.

1 hour ago, Petee said:

That's his problem because eventually he will have to pay the Piper!  I wouldn't want to be in his shoes then.  Temporarily, it looks as though he is winning, but in the long run, he'll be just as deep in the hole as anyone who lives an unrepentant life of lies.

You are hoping for the world that we good people would like to live in. 

He, like all the rest of the lying crooked hypocrites, will never pay the piper. He will continue to lie and get richer as he pads his ego. Stupid people (liberals) will hold him up as some sort of gift. 

Now I know that you believe that when he finally dies (thank a god of your choice) he will go to hell and meet the devil.  Will that be enough punishment for you after he has sucked up your spendable income with his lies?  Are you willing to allow you and yours to suffer In real time waiting for him to arrive in hell?

I ain't

3 hours ago, fedup said:

You are hoping for the world that we good people would like to live in. 

He, like all the rest of the lying crooked hypocrites, will never pay the piper. He will continue to lie and get richer as he pads his ego. Stupid people (liberals) will hold him up as some sort of gift. 

Now I know that you believe that when he finally dies (thank a god of your choice) he will go to hell and meet the devil.  Will that be enough punishment for you after he has sucked up your spendable income with his lies?  Are you willing to allow you and yours to suffer In real time waiting for him to arrive in hell?

I ain't

On this earth, I would rather lose than be guilty.  Hurts, but it's only temporary.  His pain will last forever but at least he won't be bugging anyone in the next earth.

On 1/22/2023 at 8:56 PM, Petee said:

On this earth, I would rather lose than be guilty.  Hurts, but it's only temporary.  His pain will last forever but at least he won't be bugging anyone in the next earth.

On this earth I would like to see the guilty punished (severely) starting on the day they were found guilty.  Society does not have time to wait around for your god to slap them on their wrist after they beg for forgiveness. We need to remove these people from our society. Waiting for your supposed devil just allows a murderer to murder more people. Where is your god when the murderers/ (career criminals) work over their next victim?  What did those victims do to pizz off your god???? 

Another whacko Liberal crawled out from under the stupid rock. 

An "intersectional climate scientist" compared pollution to the "fart of a dog" when explaining her approach to thinking about climate change.

A TikToker named Dr. Chandler Puritty who claims to be an "intersectional climate scientist" used a metaphor from the book Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, which includes a three-headed dog guarding a trap door.

"I am a climate scientist, and I'm here to explain to you why we are definitely going to get this thing under control and why a lot of the narratives that we see predominantly from white men and professionals are so doom and gloom," the TikToker said.

She proceeded to state that the three-headed dog Fluffy from the Harry Potter series represents capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy–all three of which she argued are barriers to solving the climate change issue. 

"Okay, so you have this three-legged dog. The three-head dog. Now the heart of this dog is CO2. Okay. Carbon dioxide. White scientists are telling us that the reason that every time we send someone in to get the Sorcerer's Stone, the cure to climate change, from under the trapdoor is to make the room smell less like farts instead of to get rid of the dog entirely," Dr. Puritty said. "Take it as you will."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/intersectional-climate-scientist-goes-rant-against-white-men-compares-pollution-fart-dog